Serves 8, very rich so not much required
400g good dark chocolate (min 60% cocoa)
100g unsalted butter
50g caster sugar
1 tbsp plain flour, sieved
4 large eggs, separated
½tsp or so vanilla essence
- Butter soufflé dish & set aside.
- Melt chocolate in large heatproof bowl over hot water, then remove from heat and add in butter, sugar and flour.
- Beat the separated egg yolks and add to mixture, along with vanilla.
- Beat egg whites in separate bowl and fold into mixture with large metal spoon until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour into oven dish (Oven 200C) and cook until just set (10-15mn), then either serve warm, or allow to cool & reheat.
Serve with red fruit coulis, sprig of mint & dusting of icing sugar.
[Recipe provided by Izzy Evans]
This is just one of the many recipes that chalet staff use throughout the winter. For more great recipes click here.