Author
  Topic Started By:  clogs    On:  Wed 22nd November, 2006 at 13:24
Tiny
a town called Alice
#46  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 20:21

Originally posted by clogs

Originally posted by Tiny

Toast?

With marmite on? Ooohh, or with melted cheese?

Eithers great, but for this time of day I'd go for loads of butter and a smidge of marmite.

No cheese at this hour, you dont want 'cheese dreams'
People should smile more
         Jump to Top
clogs
London
#47  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 20:27

you dont want 'cheese dreams'

True, I'm not sleeping as it is! The last thing I want is to dream of cheese all night. I'm actually feeling hungry now, I might have to go have a rummage in my cupboards....
         Jump to Top
Tiny
a town called Alice
#48  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 20:28

you dont want 'cheese dreams'

True, I'm not sleeping as it is! The last thing I want is to dream of cheese all night. I'm actually feeling hungry now, I might have to go have a rummage in my cupboards....

Happy hunting, I've just done the same but it resulted in finding more beer. ops:
People should smile more
         Jump to Top
H x
#49  Re: Would u date a musician?  24 Nov '06 at 18:09
Steer clear unless youre just up for fun! Done the musician thing tho, not a good experience. Play him at his own game n you cant lose. H x
H x
         Jump to Top
clogs
London
#50  Re: Would u date a musician?  25 Nov '06 at 14:22

Originally posted by H x

Steer clear unless youre just up for fun! Done the musician thing tho, not a good experience. Play him at his own game n you cant lose. H x

Thanks, H. What is it with musicians, eh? Would any guy do the same in their position I wonder? It must be hard to say no to all those cupcakes I guess. I'm off to do my first season in 3 weeks, so I'll have to try to distract myself with some serious boarding (ohh, and avoid cute bands!)
         Jump to Top
boardingbob
Leeds
#51  Re: Would u date a musician?  15 Nov '07 at 20:41
If you're off for your season I'd add cute bar blokes to your list to avoid. Not quite as 'generous' with their physical friendship as musos, but not from lack of trying. And they can't sing you a song from the stage - thou' you might get a few free drinks out of it..
G

"On the whole I'd rather be in the mountains..."
         Jump to Top
johnnyboy
Bristol
#52  Re: Would u date a musician?  16 Nov '07 at 09:13
Bit of a random bump there Bob, she was doing last season!

I wonder how her season went?
         Jump to Top
Boggart
Somewhere without a paddle….
#53  Re: Would u date a musician?  16 Nov '07 at 15:26
Just saw this thread and can't be arsed to read all four pages but just thought I'd throw my two bits-worth in the ring.

Sound engineers and technical directors is where it is at.

They make the best lovers - FACT!

I remain,

Boggars
Don't squeeze the trigger, if you can't stand the recoil. - Johnny Cash

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
longshot
Austria
#54  Re: Would u date a musician?  16 Nov '07 at 16:06
Honestley who throws a cup cake? talking about blowing your own horn!

Bogs you should read it! I would rate you as a cream cracker!
         Jump to Top
clogs
London
#55  Re: Would u date a musician?  17 Nov '07 at 23:50

Originally posted by johnnyboy

I had an awesome season thanks, jonnyboy. I went to the Alps knowing noone.. spent 5 months boarding almost everyday, worked a couple of jobs, learnt French off the Frenchies, made some great mates and partied like never before! The worse part was coming back to blighty I got so depressed , I upped sticks and moved to London. Now I'm living with a fellow boarder, working hard and saving up to do more travelling. I've just booked 2 weeks in France over X mas (a week just isn't enough anymore) and we're planning another trip in March. If only I could work out how to combine my job with living in France, I'd move there tomorrow
         Jump to Top
johnnyboy
Bristol
#56  Re: Would u date a musician?  18 Nov '07 at 11:45

I had an awesome season thanks, jonnyboy. I went to the Alps knowing noone.. spent 5 months boarding almost everyday, worked a couple of jobs, learnt French off the Frenchies, made some great mates and partied like never before! The worse part was coming back to blighty I got so depressed , I upped sticks and moved to London. Now I'm living with a fellow boarder, working hard and saving up to do more travelling. I've just booked 2 weeks in France over X mas (a week just isn't enough anymore) and we're planning another trip in March. If only I could work out how to combine my job with living in France, I'd move there tomorrow

Good stuff, but back to the matter in hand, did you or didn't you get with the muso?
         Jump to Top
clogs
London
#57  Re: Would u date a musician?  18 Nov '07 at 22:44

Good stuff, but back to the matter in hand, did you or didn't you get with the muso?

Aha!! The important stuff!!! Well, I did fall for the muso for a while, but he was BAD news . I was warned!! Despite all the good advice in the world, sometimes you just have to realise stuff for yourself. I actually got proper heart broken, like for the first time ever, and I realised what it's like.. when you have feelings for someone you'll put up with so much sh*t.. and it *ucking hurts! It took me a good 6 months to get over it.

But, now I'm a little bit older and a little bit wiser . I just fell for the idea of him, not him. And I've realised if you're into someone and it doesn't work, it's not your fault. It's just the dynamic and them too. At least I know I can feel deeply, and that's cool. Like Proust said (I'm quoting Little Miss Sunshine here cause I'm not that well read!), "the bad times in your life are when you learn the most". Sooo.. I'm single, I'm smiling, and I know there's a guy out there who'll love this smart, sexy, swirty little boarder
         Jump to Top

< Prev
Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort