Would u date a musician? //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  clogs    On:  Wed 22nd November, 2006 at 13:24
clogs
London
#1  Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 13:24
Alright u guys,

I have little experience of musicians (in the dating sense), so would really appreciate any advice u've got.

Soo, I met this guy last season who's a musician in this apres-ski band. We chatted for hours one night and since then we've stayed in touch. He lives in another country, but we've hooked up every couple of months. Its been a casual thing, but that's been cool with me due to the distance, cause I've not been single long, and cause he's not exactly the type of guy i'd normally go for. The thing is, despite my best efforts, he's kind of grown on me. A lot. Nightmare . My mates think I'm nuts to allow myself to fall for a guy like him (constantly on tour, not into committment etc.) One of them summed it up when she said 'even if he had the finest piece of French patisserie at home (moi), he'd still be tempted by cup cakes everywhere he goes'. And I was one of those cup cakes, so I should know!

So do I cut loose now while I still can to save a lot of heartache? Or do I go with it despite knowing the risks?

Cheers, Clogs
         Jump to Top
siy
Leeds
#2  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 13:31
get out get out GET OUT!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Tiny

Yep, I'll meet you in the 'Business Class Lounge' for some pre flight c&^k.
         Jump to Top
Tiny
a town called Alice
#3  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 13:35
Run, run like the wing Clogs!. He'll have a bird in every port (so to speak) if he's a travelling musical carnie thats not into commitment.

Save yourself the trouble and go out with me instead, I'm ace.
People should smile more
         Jump to Top
siy
Leeds
#4  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 13:37

be warned though he has a weak spot for donuts and smells slightly of bacon!

Yep, I'll meet you in the 'Business Class Lounge' for some pre flight c&^k.
         Jump to Top
Tiny
a town called Alice
#5  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 13:41

Originally posted by siy

be warned though he has a weak spot for donuts and smells slightly of bacon!

Sorry Clogs, its all true!.

On a serious not though, it sounds like you're already having doubts about this chap so I think its best you stick with what you know and save yourself any potential heart ache further down the line. :thumbsup:
People should smile more
         Jump to Top
ickle83
Brighton/London
#6  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 13:49
steer clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have experienced this situation with a number of my frineds and it ALWAYS ends in tears!
Also if it was to work do you you really want to be signing up for a situation where your miserable whenever hes away coz you miss him?!!

all this aside, i'm sure you know deep down what you want to do weather thats the right thing to do or not (cheesy but true) go with that instinct!!!
         Jump to Top
clogs
London
#7  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 13:57
Ahhh! You guys are so right! I know in my heart it's all true!!

Tiny: Why tiny by the way? (I'm not even gonna ask about the fondness for bacon)
         Jump to Top
the_chocoholic
La Clusaz
#8  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 15:30
Musos are great!

...but every other female thinks so too.

...so unless you're gonna go out there and live with him (and even then, it's a risk)...

... :sprint:
         Jump to Top
Tiny
a town called Alice
#9  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 15:46

Originally posted by clogs

Tiny: Why tiny by the way? (I'm not even gonna ask about the fondness for bacon)

Irony!
People should smile more
         Jump to Top
Tintin
Northern europe
#10  Re: Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 15:51

So do I cut loose now while I still can to save a lot of heartache? Or do I go with it despite knowing the risks?

Run, run away now, while you can before you do too much damage to your mental state
"There is no limit to the amount of good a person can do, as long as they don't care who get's the credit" - DE LACY
         Jump to Top
Secret Agent H
London
#11  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 15:58
I'd steer clear if I were you. If he really really likes you, you'll know pretty quickly as he'll hound you about seeing you and try to talk you round. If he does that, he's unlikely to stray. However, painful as this may be, I sense if you don't contact him, he probably wont contact you......
It's not what you know, it's who you know!
         Jump to Top
clogs
London
#12  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 17:42

Irony!

So ur saying ur tall?
         Jump to Top
clogs
London
#13  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 17:56

Originally posted by Secret Agent H

I'd steer clear if I were you. If he really really likes you, you'll know pretty quickly as he'll hound you about seeing you and try to talk you round. If he does that, he's unlikely to stray. However, painful as this may be, I sense if you don't contact him, he probably wont contact you......

I've tried calling it off a few times, but he's always talked me back into it with some seriously smooth charm. Don't think it's a 'really liking' me thing though, reckon he might just want to keep his options open. Alternatively... he might just have an inkling that their aren't too many nice, smart, sexy birds (into their winter sports) out there.

(I'm talking out there in the real world, not in this chatroom of course ladies)
         Jump to Top
the_chocoholic
La Clusaz
#14  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 18:14

Alternatively... he might just have an inkling that their aren't too many nice, smart, sexy birds (into their winter sports) out there.

(I'm talking out there in the real world, not in this chatroom of course ladies)

errr....eh? Can't say I've ever noticed a lack of them in resort. Sorry!
         Jump to Top
clogs
London
#15  Re: Would u date a musician?  22 Nov '06 at 18:21

Originally posted by the_chocoholic

Alternatively... he might just have an inkling that their aren't too many nice, smart, sexy birds (into their winter sports) out there.

errr....eh? Can't say I've ever noticed a lack of them in resort. Sorry!

Was thinking a bit closer to home!! (And doing the whole bigging meself up to feel better thing). Of course there are LOTS of lovely laydees in resorts (it goes without saying).
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere