Working a ski season with friends //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Westyy    On:  Thu 8th October, 2015 at 19:00
Westyy
#1  Working a ski season with friends  8 Oct '15 at 19:00
Hello, recently me and 3/4 friends have decided that we would really like to work a ski season in Europe. The destination isn't decided but isn't a big matter at the moment. I've been looking around the Internet for a few days and I haven't come across any answers I'm looking for. We all want to go away together and work in a resort, we have no previous experience of working at a ski resort but are hard workers and love learning. After working for years doing groundwork in England and and working on the railway we could all do with and would love a break away on a mountain. I'm just wondering is there a way we can organise it so we all get a job to together in the same resort or any companies we can speak to about sorting this out?

Thank you
         Jump to Top
snowguru123
#2  Re: Working a ski season with friends  21 Jan '16 at 09:43
In reply to Westyy (Post #1)
Hey Westyy,

How did you get on, did you guys manage to get to the mountains!?

I guess my post is a little late - but for future reference, its always best to get to a resort early. Ideally mid November in Europe. Stay in a hostel. Once you're there try and get work. Of course, you could try going through companies like Crystal and Thompson, but Im not sure they'll guarantee you'll be together. Some areas you'd need to speak German (Austria and the East side of Switzerland). Im interested to know how you got on!

Dave
         Jump to Top
snowguru123
#3  Re: Working a ski season with friends  21 Jan '16 at 09:44
In reply to Westyy (Post #1)
Hey Westyy,

How did you get on, did you guys manage to get to the mountains!?

I guess my post is a little late - but for future reference, its always best to get to a resort early. Ideally mid November in Europe. Stay in a hostel. Once you're there try and get work. Of course, you could try going through companies like Crystal and Thompson, but Im not sure they'll guarantee you'll be together. Some areas you'd need to speak German (Austria and the East side of Switzerland). Im interested to know how you got on!

Dave
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet