Work a snow season within European countries help //

Author
  Topic Started By:  athoma23    On:  Wed 6th January, 2016 at 12:11
athoma23
#2  Work a snow season within European countries help  6 Jan '16 at 12:11
Hi Everyone,

I’m a 24 y/o Australian girl who has a one-way ticket to begin travelling Europe in June 2016. I have saved up a fair bit of money to be able to travel freely during the warmer seasons. However I’m starting to consider what I would like to do during the winter. I think by this time Ill want to work. I have the option to teach in the UK however I have started wondering if I might enjoy working a snow season instead. I don’t have any knowledge on where would be ideal to work during a snow season over there. I have no idea where I would like to go but I was hoping some people on this site could share their thoughts and experiences. Would it matter if I didn’t speak the countries language? Are there any specific places that anyone would highly recommend?

Thank you,

Ayla ?
         Jump to Top
OLD MAN OF LECH
Administrator
TRAVELING
#3  Re: Work a snow season within European countries help  6 Jan '16 at 14:33
Hi There, Hope you enjoy your summer traveling. As for the winter, you didn't say whether you had already skied/boarded? or you just fancy a job in the snow?
Do you have a UK bank A/c and NI number? You will not be allowed to work legally in Europe without. If so you should apply to all the UK ski TO's as soon as this 2015/16 season is over. St Anton in Austria has a large Aussie contingent every season, so you will find buddies there. Austria is by far the most friendly and welcoming of the Alpine nations, Italy too. Don't even bother with France unless you speak word perfect French without an accent. They will just ignore you! Pay for most of the winter roles is notoriously low but as everything is "found" it's just spending money anyway.
Good Luck
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet