Winter Season - 2013/2014 //

Author
  Topic Started By:  SHARKTICUS    On:  Tue 23rd July, 2013 at 16:18
SHARKTICUS
Harpenden
#1  Winter Season - 2013/2014  23 Jul '13 at 16:18
Ok, so it's perhaps a little early, but just wondering if anyone is heading out towards Chamonix this season? I've got to work / have a flat in the UK until mid-December, then going to head out for the rest of the season. Just thought it would be good to say hello to some people in advance!
         Jump to Top
mdavis
#2  Re: Winter Season - 2013/2014  27 Jul '13 at 16:54
hey, heading to morzine in Dec.... 40 miles from Cham
         Jump to Top
tiny spencer
#3  Re: Winter Season - 2013/2014  4 Aug '13 at 20:34
hi I could do with a job if you know of any? im dying to go out for the season
         Jump to Top
meg4ski
#4  Re: Winter Season - 2013/2014  5 Aug '13 at 18:57
In reply to SHARKTICUS (Post #1)
Hey, I'm off to Chamonix at the beginning on December!
         Jump to Top
SHARKTICUS
Harpenden
#5  Re: Winter Season - 2013/2014  14 Aug '13 at 09:57
Maybe we can all catch up for a beer!

Does anyone have any advice about Chamonix itself who has done a season there before? I've only been there for a weekend, but done a season before elsewhere. Thinking along the lines of good ways to find accomodation etc (not just through a job).
         Jump to Top
Joe White
#6  Re: Winter Season - 2013/2014  15 Aug '13 at 08:57
I might head back over to Cham this winter (currently in Morzine) but I haven't decided yet.

I wrote this article on here last month about doing a season in Cham...

http://www.natives.co.uk/in-resort/how-to-survive-your-first-season-in-chamonix/6103

It might be useful? Probably not though

Also if you are looking to get accommodation booked before you head out there then I couldn't recommend BednBoard Enough.
         Jump to Top
SHARKTICUS
Harpenden
#7  Re: Winter Season - 2013/2014  15 Aug '13 at 13:13
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the links and the article. It was my thoughts / hopes too that as a bigger town compared to some of the small resorts, there should be some opportunities here and there upon arrival that fall outside of the big ski companies. That's the route I'm going down as I won't be there for the start of the season and will have some savings behind me. Getting some winter tyres on the car and driving down to see what happens!

Hopefully see you in Chamonix!

Cheers,
Alan
         Jump to Top
vito
#8  Re: Winter Season - 2013/2014  7 Sep '13 at 13:48
Going to St Martins de Belleville at the end of November. Anyone else going there?
         Jump to Top
liam Connor
#9  Re: Winter Season - 2013/2014  9 Sep '13 at 21:06
I done a weeks holiday in cham back in feb just come back from a long weekend there as well to see what it's like during the summer brilliant both times. really wanna do a season there I've been to interviews for jobs but no luck as off yet, so I was thinking of saving and becoming a ski bum and try and find work before the season starts otherwise my money will go super fast. any thoughts or suggestion would help massively. Thanks
         Jump to Top
frankthedog
#10  Re: Winter Season - 2013/2014  18 Sep '13 at 16:50
In reply to SHARKTICUS (Post #5)

Originally posted by SHARKTICUS

Maybe we can all catch up for a beer!

Does anyone have any advice about Chamonix itself who has done a season there before? I've only been there for a weekend, but done a season before elsewhere. Thinking along the lines of good ways to find accomodation etc (not just through a job).

chamsocial is a good resource for most things, jobs, roofs etc, there's also a chamonix facebook group where a lot of things get posted.

outside of that you can check leboncoin.fr for rentals and the marie posts rentals every friday morning on the marie website.

plenty of jobs will come up throughout dec/jan though in the local bars and clubs. there's a temp agency that will always be able to throw some cleaning work your way as well

good luck, might bump into you in town
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort