why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  perkins    On:  Wed 28th September, 2005 at 17:54
perkins
newport south wales london for the14 th onwards
#1  why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales  28 Sep '05 at 17:54
this whole holiday searching sh*t it gettin painfull!!! 1 its boring ant two there is a serious lack of people in south wales that can ski or snowbard (well that i kno of ne way ) ne body wanna come on holiday with mee lol be so much easier to go on my own but not as fun has ne1 been on their own b4 ??
         Jump to Top
tag
Here
#2  Re: why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales  28 Sep '05 at 18:42
hi we are out there but youre right not much of a scene in southwales,even the dry slope near me has closed down,plan on getting to the snow this winter maybe 2 alps
The lesser of two evils is still evil-Jerry Garcia
         Jump to Top
Lloydy
Wales/Verbier
#3  Re: why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales  28 Sep '05 at 21:16
Im from south wales valleys- No one goes skiing here! Im off to be a rep this season and whenever I tell people they look at me with confusion! Im sure il be the only welsh person out in les arc!
         Jump to Top
Eddie-Ze-Eagle
Cardiff, Soon to be Whistler!Wahey!!
#4  Re: why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales  29 Sep '05 at 02:43
Yeah, I know what you mean, I've been skiing since i was 2ys old, yet never met anybody else round here (in the -diff) who was as into it as me Although I do live 200m from the local dry ski slope and never bothered to join, which probably explains my lack of contact with other welsh skiiers. I'm goin to Whistler though for this forthcoming season so that sould be a bit of a laugh Wahey
Who Cares Who Wins!?!
         Jump to Top
jon
Chamonix
#5  Re: why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales  29 Sep '05 at 09:33
There are a few, one of the best boarders I know is from Swansea.

Be sure to get some welsh dragon stickers for your board before you go so you can represent.

Dragonlodge in Tignes http://www.dragonlodge.com/ is owned and run by top welsh guys, and thus attracts lots of welsh holiday makers. Give that a go if you don't want to be the only welshman in the village
High Mountains - Low Morals

Cham, the novel, out now: http://www.serpentstail.com/book?id=10845
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#6  Re: why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales  29 Sep '05 at 09:40
"why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales?"

Is it because they prefer sheep?
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#7  Re: why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales  29 Sep '05 at 09:46

Originally posted by WTFH

"why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales?"

Is it because they prefer sheep?

I doubt perkins loves snow in that way foxy
         Jump to Top
Eddie-Ze-Eagle
#8  Re: why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales  29 Sep '05 at 14:31
Personally, I only go for the pretty ones and only when it isn't too cold
Who Cares Who Wins!?!
         Jump to Top
Super G
Cumbria
#9  Re: Re: why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south w  29 Sep '05 at 15:03

Originally posted by perkins

this whole holiday searching sh*t it gettin painfull!!! 1 its boring ant two there is a serious lack of people in south wales that can ski or snowbard (well that i kno of ne way ) ne body wanna come on holiday with mee lol be so much easier to go on my own but not as fun has ne1 been on their own b4 ??

Spent one week on my own last season before meeting up with others for a second week, sounded like a good idea but was boring as hell!! If you are heading off on your own would suggest going with a company that does performance courses that way you get a shared room which reduces costs, you get to ski with people of your standard and improve your skiing at the same time and have loads of people to spend the evening with. A variety of levels go so you can take it as seriously as you want to. Would recommend snoworks but there are several other too if you search the net.
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#10  Re: why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales  29 Sep '05 at 15:33
Ski Club of GB does good trips for people with friends who haven't seen the light and don't want to go........
         Jump to Top
perkins
#11  Re: why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales  29 Sep '05 at 17:35
people in wales sould deff learn to ski/ board lol i reali dnt wanna go on my own and no way am i goin with non skiered/boarders loland oi!! i do not prefer sheep and put it this way if the welsh prefer the sheep js think the rest of u eat the lamb snowdonian mountasin lamb is sold world wide!! think that through next time u eat lamb haha!!
         Jump to Top
WELSHPHILL
MERIBEL, FRANCE
#12  Re: why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales  29 Sep '05 at 17:46
bollix to da lot of ya
may-be your part of wales is sad but don't write da rest of us off.... some of me best mates is welsh n awesome on or off piste, but as with da rest of "british" society, there's a lot of sad c~*ts who have no interest and more importantly no business bein up a mountain n it's best left that way
so to all you rasist bigots, it's not a welsh ting or irish, black, white, bleedy purple ting.... whatever your creed, colour, religion. it's just epic that most folk don't wanna go skiin/boardin.... i just wish they'd tell their w*^#er mates to give up winter seasons/holidays for good n leave it for just us....
ya want sum, come get sum, cos i is a rantin. gis a pill n i'll go ravin as well
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!
         Jump to Top
Eddie-Ze-Eagle
#13  Re: why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales  29 Sep '05 at 20:49
Woo, I sense a South (best obviously!), versus West versus North argument building up! :P
Take your marks, get set, start sla*gin-off........NOW!

P.S. I stand by Welsh Phill in his argument that everyone else except those worthy enough should be told to p*ss off and leave it to us to get on with things!
(I know, I know what about jobs etc.....calm down I'm only jokin!lol)
Who Cares Who Wins!?!
         Jump to Top
Eddie-Ze-Eagle
#14  Re: why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales  1 Oct '05 at 11:53
Well that didn't bloody work then did it!?!
Who Cares Who Wins!?!
         Jump to Top
perkins
#15  Re: why is there such a lack of snow lving people in south wales  1 Oct '05 at 20:50
haha not exactly buddy
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview