#121  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  5 Oct '05 at 20:39
Depends how sweaty you get.

Depends if you "ponce" ski - or really work those skis :P
LIVE AND SKI THE DREAM: ski with www.internationalracer.com
         Jump to Top
ferris
#122  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  5 Oct '05 at 20:46
erm...

i'm not a very sweaty person and i also can barely ski, so i suspect there may well be a fair amount of "ponce" skiing, at least to start with! probably spend most of my time on my backside to be fair.

can i keep my thermals?
         Jump to Top
Sammyq22
Je deteste Surrey
#123  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  5 Oct '05 at 21:03

Originally posted by jothecrow

oh no! but my m&s thermals are so comfy! they're only half cotton... and half some other non-cotton type stuff... grmph
will they be so bad?! (wants to hear the answer no)

i've just tried packing my bag with the stuff i wanted to take.
it's really not happening.
there is no where near enough room.
jumpers are too fat.
balls.

Try these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8700630660&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
         Jump to Top
rob_sinnott
Cheshire
#124  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  5 Oct '05 at 21:38
i just bought my thermals tonight, 20 quid from blacks, pretty good too.
         Jump to Top
Sammyq22
Je deteste Surrey
#125  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  5 Oct '05 at 21:39

Originally posted by rob_sinnott

i just bought my thermals tonight, 20 quid from blacks, pretty good too.

Too lazy to google could you post the address pls.
         Jump to Top
jaxx24
SE England
#126  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  6 Oct '05 at 04:36

Originally posted by

hey jo and jaxx when you guys heading to banff? By the way its snowing here right now!!!! Very Happy

Cool, I am now in Vancouver, arrived on Sunday and have been out on Granville Street every night :beer: until now, which is why I have got time to write this message

Am currently staying with a very nice family just outa' town on commercial drive, arrived there today which meant that I had to use the sky train and the busses for the first time with my big bastard backpack plus hand luggage. When I checked my backpack in at the airport it weighed in at just less than 22kg.

I will probably make my way to Banff somewhere between the 10th and 15th of October (probably closer to the 15th).

Maybe I will visit Victoria tomorrow!

Everyone take it easy.

Dave
         Jump to Top
rob_sinnott
Cheshire
#127  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  6 Oct '05 at 09:36

Originally posted by

Too lazy to google could you post the address pls.

i bought mine in store, these are the same but through millets, which is the same as blacks anyway. i think everyone will agree that they are this years must have fasion accessorie

mens
http://www.millets.co.uk/Millets.storefront/EN/Product/030038331

Womans
http://www.millets.co.uk/Millets.storefront/EN/Product/030243331
         Jump to Top
rob_sinnott
Cheshire
#128  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  6 Oct '05 at 14:32
so a quick question for everyone attending this years whistler recruitment fair. (or just people in the know generally)

What to wear to the interview,is it a shirt and suit job, smart or just what ever comes to hand on the day????

my thinking is the smarter the better, they are unlikely to not hire some1 cos they are dressed too smart.

anyone any ideas!!!!!!!!!
         Jump to Top
bonzai
Squamish, Whistler & Vancouver
#129  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  6 Oct '05 at 15:18

Originally posted by rob_sinnott

so a quick question for everyone attending this years whistler recruitment fair. (or just people in the know generally)

What to wear to the interview,is it a shirt and suit job, smart or just what ever comes to hand on the day????

my thinking is the smarter the better, they are unlikely to not hire some1 cos they are dressed too smart.

anyone any ideas!!!!!!!!!

Not even the bank manager in Whistler wears a suit. As long as you look respectable, whatever that means ... clean, tidy ... they don't like lots of jewellery or facial hair. I would say smart casual is as far as you need to go & even that will be more than most ... It's a laid back town ... most people don't even own a tie.
Time for my medication please nurse
         Jump to Top
veeeight
Cheshire, UK & Whistler BC
#130  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  6 Oct '05 at 15:32
Grooming Policy:

Hair must be neat and tidy at all times. For men, your hair must be mid-length on the sides, above the collar at the back and well trimmed. No pony tails permitted. Long hair on females must be tied back in areas where it is a health and safety issue. Hair must not be extreme in color or style.

You must be clean-shaven every day. Moustaches, beards and sideburns are to be clean and neatly trimmed. It is acceptable to grow a moustache or beard during vacation or during seasonal breaks in employment. However, they should not be in the process of being grown while at work.

Jewelry should be worn in moderation and must not interfere with job function or safety. Men may wear one earring - either a small stud or a small ring. Women may wear one earring of the same size in each ear. Any facial piercings must be removed and other exposed body piercing must be removed or covered while on the job. Tongue rings or studs must be removed while at work.

Visible tattoos should be covered.
LIVE AND SKI THE DREAM: ski with www.internationalracer.com
         Jump to Top
braders
Leeds / Whistler
#131  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  6 Oct '05 at 17:01
copyright www.whistlerblackcomb.com
Deux Points!
         Jump to Top
Delicel
london,uk
#132  Re: BUNAC 18th October  6 Oct '05 at 17:27
Hi guys i was just wondering if anyone on the 18th Oct flight to Vancouver, has plans on where they will be staying after the first night at the HI Downtown Hostel (probably aimed just at you Rob!). We were looking at booking an extra night and then deciding after that, or does anyone know if we can get away with booking extra nights whilst we're there.

cheers
del
         Jump to Top
braders
Leeds / Whistler
#133  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  6 Oct '05 at 19:37
i guess if its there are rooms available, they will have no problem letting you pay for more nights!

although ive never been, so im not sure how big and busy it is at that time of year?!!

im pretty sure the ammount of customers will fluctuate, but the size wont!
Deux Points!
         Jump to Top
Rich
Whistler (From Herts, UK)
#134  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  8 Oct '05 at 04:54
I just wore a casual shirt and a nice pair of jeans when I went to my interviews. I felt like I'd made an effort without making too much of an effort, as some people were still just in jeans and hoodies... which is the common whistler look though anyways.

Make sure your hair is neat and you have had a shave more than anything... it shows you are willing to adhere to their grooming policy.

Also if anyone is applying to Lift Operations choose to work on Whistler and I'll see you there.
         Jump to Top
geo1mk
#135  Re: inbound  10 Oct '05 at 11:53
Just checking in to say that I'm off to Whistler on the 16th Oct.

Flying with Zoom airways from Gatwick airport 10am and will be staying in the HI Vancouver central hostel on 16th and 17th. Let me know if any of you are around then... would be good meeting up for a jetlagged beer. Prob head up to Whistler after orientation on Tues 18th. Hopefully getting a job with lift operations. Hope to see you soon,

Good luck
Safe travelling

Matt
mjkworldwide@hotmail.com
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort