Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06? //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  smoggy    On:  Thu 24th March, 2005 at 00:07
Gunni
Aviemore/Glasgow
#76  Re: Brrrr  10 Sep '05 at 17:00
Hello all from a rather chilly Banff!!!! Rained all day yesterday and with the temperature drop overnight I am surrounded by snowy mounatins!!!!!!! Bring it on!!!!!
Anyone heading out here who's not planning to get a job working for one of the resorts would do well to pre-book their lift pass as they are on sale now until september 30th when the price goes up by a few hundred dollars.
If you want a peek at jobs and places to stay up here check the local paper online at http://www.banffcragandcanyon.com
Anyways I'm off to do a happy snow dance before I go to work!
http://www.natives.co.uk/news/reporters.htm
         Jump to Top
Sarah_H
Manchester
#77  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  14 Sep '05 at 10:46
Hi Jaxx24

I see that you're looking for someone to drive around canada. I dont know if you've been reading the previous messages ive left but basically to cut a long story short Ive been and worked in Banff previously so am plannning on heading to a different resort this time. Im going to be driving to places like whistler and such like if you wanna split car rental? Im going out to Vancouver around the 10th and will stay in Vancouver downtown HI as ive stayed there before and its pretty convenient and nice.

Let me know if you can be tempted away from Banff

Sarah
         Jump to Top
simonj1
Windsor, UK
#78  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  14 Sep '05 at 14:43
Hey all,
I'm heading over to Whistler in about 5 weeks, thought i'd do a bit of research see what i could find out about the place etc before i left and stumbled across this forum - so Hi!

A mate of mine from Uni and myself are planning to do a season, hopefully working part time, and living in HOUSE.

Don't really have any questions to ask really as it looks like pretty much everythings been covered by someone before hand!

It'd be cool to meet up with all those ppl heading out to Whistler from here... i guess thats the bit thats causing the most anxiety - not knowing too many ppl in a foreign country!

If anyone wants to msn me... feel free: simon underscore jaffery at yahoo dot co dot uk

look forward to hearing from slash meeting ya

simon
         Jump to Top
bonzai
Squamish, Whistler & Vancouver
#79  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  14 Sep '05 at 16:28
I think there is going to be a bunch of us there judging from the posts here in the last few weeks ... I am heading out with a mate on 8th October. The Canadians are a friendly bunch as are the many Aussies in Whistler so I wouldn't worry too much about being in a foreign land, etc although it is only natural if you haven't done it before.

I'm more than happy to meet up for a beer or three and show anyone around ... and that includes on the hill once the lifts open. My mate hasn't been before so I'll be helping him sort out bank account, mobile phone, etc etc. This'll be my 4th season in Whistler so I kinda know my way round now ;-)

Drop me an email nearer the time if you wish or message me & I will give you my local number.
Time for my medication please nurse
         Jump to Top
smoggy
Sheffield, UK
#80  Re: wow i have missed out  21 Sep '05 at 19:54
I started this thread ages and ages ago and then have been working myself to death in two jobs to earn the cash - i havent had time to even think about Canada at all!

im off to Pisa, Italy tommorow to play an Ultimate frisbee tournament so i thought i better take a look to see if there's gonna be anyone to meet up with In Vancouver.

Im 22, female and am on 11th Oct flight to Vancouver. Im not sure yet but was thinking of spending a few days in vancouver before heading to Whistler - just wondering if anyone was planning the same? does anyone wanna do some sights in Van and then travel to Whistler? i havent booked any nights in any hostels apart from the first night that is provided by bunac. will have to sort it out when i get back from Pisa in a weeks time.

hope you're all well - im getting excited now

Smoggy x
When a ball dreams… It dreams it’s a Frisbee
         Jump to Top
ferris
#81  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  22 Sep '05 at 19:06
hey smoggy! ditto to all, cept i'm off to banff, and i don't play ultimate frisbee. will be in Vancouver til the 16th, think me and smog (i'm getting overfamiliar) will be checking out the city, and reckon the more the merrier..?
wooooo canada!
xx
         Jump to Top
jaxx24
SE England
#82  Re: Getting from Vancouver to Banff  24 Sep '05 at 15:30
hey jothecrow, how are you planning on getting from Vancouver to Banff? I will be doing the trip on the 10th, well I plan to do it then. Only eight days till I leave, CRAP CRAP CRAP....PANIC PANIC PANIC.... EXCITED EXCITED EXCITED
         Jump to Top
Sarah_H
Manchester
#83  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  26 Sep '05 at 21:00
Hi Smoggy

Im arriving in Vancouver on the 16th October and also heading to Whistler. If you wanna get in touch and maybe arrange some travelling thats cool. Im also a 22 year old female, with experience of travelling around canada before, so would be more than happy to pass on tips if we dont meet up

Sarah
         Jump to Top
Tess
Cheshire
#84  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  27 Sep '05 at 17:34
Wow... You guys are going so soooon Good luck with it all! I can't wait to get there!!
         Jump to Top
bonzai
#85  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  28 Sep '05 at 10:52
10 days and counting ;-) Never been away this early before & really looking forward to it ... perhaps a wee Whistler Natives gathering should be in order?!
         Jump to Top
niks
London
#86  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  28 Sep '05 at 11:09
Sounds like a good plan! I'm flying out on the 20th and will be in Whistler from the 22nd
         Jump to Top
bonzai
#87  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  28 Sep '05 at 13:13
Perhaps around Job Fair time then ... Merlins at Blackcomb is always a good starting point ... especially if you want to grab some grub 1st. We could then do a mini warm up pub crawl ... Longhorn, Crystal Lounge, Buffalo Bills, Amsterdam ... in time for Moe Joes ... these are all less expensive places with no worry of dress code or any of that kack. Just need to figure out how I get back to Squamish ... or whos floor I am falling on to!!
If there's a bunch of folks up for this then I am happy to organise given I know the place & being an old bugger I look semi respectable ... just drop me a PM. If there's enough of us then I can see if they'll lay on free nibbles somewhere ... failing that 20cent buffalo wings at Crystal Lounge never fails to do the trick.
         Jump to Top
alby
Herts
#88  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  28 Sep '05 at 16:31
ooh pub crawl...Im there!

Jo / smoggy / anyone else on 11th oct bunac flight, get your pre departure info??? Got mine this morning. Wooo 13 days to go!
         Jump to Top
ferris
#89  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  29 Sep '05 at 12:00
jaxx - have booked a flight with westjet from vancouver to calgary.

alby - i forget, are u on the 11th too? smoggy doesn't appear to be on the list i have!! are you on there..?

i'm getting really scared!
         Jump to Top
joey-troll
#90  Re: Whistler/Banff Recruitment fair 05-06?  29 Sep '05 at 19:58
Hey, I'm flying out on the 18th with BUNAC and then heading to whistler... is anyone else out there doing the same? Which type of accom are you going for?
Very scared...

And jothecrow.... are you the jo i know? -oooh rhymes

P.s. Pub crawl sounds immense
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort