Whistler 2016 //

Author
  Topic Started By:  pmarsden    On:  Tue 5th January, 2016 at 11:28
pmarsden
#2  Whistler 2016  5 Jan '16 at 11:28
Thinking about doing a ski season in Whistler at the end of next year, hopefully for 6 months.
I've done a lot of ski holidays but never a season, does anyone have any advice on visa, getting a job, accommodation etc. Who has been before, keep looking at websites but everything seems a little confusing.
Thank you
         Jump to Top
OLD MAN OF LECH
Administrator
TRAVELING
#3  Re: Whistler 2016  5 Jan '16 at 14:17
Hi pmarsden,

If you want to work in Canada, you will need a "working holiday" visa. You could apply independently, they are available up to the age of 35 if you fit the Canadian criteria. or you could apply for a BUNAC visa. These are limited and deadlines for application apply. Check. Very few UK ski tour operators employ staff in Canada but they usually insist you get your own visa. Don't try and work "on the black", as if caught you will be deported right away(at your cost), and banned from Canada for a time. keep an open mind about where to work. There are other options, IE Banff area, Fearnie, Kelowna area(few resorts there). I have a friend who is now in her third? year at Silver Star and another who has 4 seasons at Revelstoke. Both LOVE IT. Good luck and do lots of research.
         Jump to Top
snowguru123
#4  Re: Whistler 2016  21 Jan '16 at 09:44
Hey there,

Yes sound advice from pmarsden. You'll need a work visa for sure. I did a season 11 years ago and had a blast. We didnt have any jobs lined up - but instead arrived early (late October) - and stayed in a hostel. You should certainly look into the visa sooner than later and perhaps contact the hostels to see costs and availability. I'd save plenty of cash too just in case you only get part time work - or if you dont get work right away. Id personally recommend working in a bar so you can ride during the day. Get some bar experience between now so you can at least have some experience on your resume.

Good luck!

Dave
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort