which valley?! //

Author
  Topic Started By:  elegantdodo    On:  Sun 20th January, 2008 at 20:46
elegantdodo
england
#1  which valley?!  20 Jan '08 at 20:46
hey my name is charlie (girl). im 20 and next year im going to do a season in the 3 valleys but need advice on which valley is the best for my age and ski ability (intermid/expert). Any info on social life, chalets to work for(im doing a cookery course). The usual jazz! Thanks, charlie
         Jump to Top
Tiny
a town called Alice
#2  Re: which valley?!  20 Jan '08 at 22:23
Well all the valleys are linked so it shouldn't really be a problem where ever you go.

Meribel has be busiest night life, however it can be a bit like the 'Blackpool of the Alps' I've found.

You wont go far wrong where ever you go in the 3V's though.
People should smile more
         Jump to Top
elegantdodo
england
#3  Re: which valley?!  20 Jan '08 at 23:35
thanks! My mind was set on the 3 valleys but where else in europe would you suggest for being a chalet girl, good apres ski, improving my skiing to advanced/ off piste and where the rich tend to go (more tips!). Charlie
         Jump to Top
Boggart
Somewhere without a paddle….
#4  Re: which valley?!  22 Jan '08 at 17:44

Originally posted by Tiny

Meribel has be busiest night life, however it can be a bit like the 'Blackpool of the Alps' I've found.

Tiners,

What complete and utter tosh!

Meribel doesn't even have half the class of Blackpool, I'd rate it more like Ryhl, with similar architectural merits.

I remain,

Boggars
Don't squeeze the trigger, if you can't stand the recoil. - Johnny Cash

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
Bootsy
#5  Re: which valley?!  7 Feb '08 at 16:17
If you want money then go for Val d'Isere (aka Val Sloane Square!) There is also miles of fantastic skiing in both Val and in Tignes. If you are serious about improving your skiing then Fornet (just up the road from Val d'Isere) is ideal.

I did a season in Les Deux Alpes & found the skiing there to be ok. The massive plus is access to La Grave, which is exceptional if you want to improve your off-piste skiing. LDA also has a thriving nightlife with more bars than you can count! LDA is however anything but posh & seems to attract a much more internationally mixed crowd (think Dutch, Belgian, Danish, German, Italian, Canadian (!) to name but a few that I encountered whilst there) than many other more traditionally 'British' resorts.
He who laughs last, only just got the joke
         Jump to Top
Boggart
Somewhere without a paddle….
#7  Re: which valley?!  7 Feb '08 at 16:51

Originally posted by techmonkey

Bollocks to that, Meribel doesn't have a Sun Centre with Wave Machine does it?

Techers,

Ok; fair point; well made.

How about describing Meribel as a second rate Rhyl without the same high class facilities.

Better?

I remain,

Boggars

P.S. I always thought Sauzy Ducks in Italy was supposed to be the Blackpool of the Alpes?
Don't squeeze the trigger, if you can't stand the recoil. - Johnny Cash

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort