When to apply? Ski rep in Canada //

Author
  Topic Started By:  SBlundell    On:  Mon 9th January, 2017 at 10:04
SBlundell
#2  When to apply? Ski rep in Canada  9 Jan at 10:04
Hi everyone,

I live in the UK and I'm researching doing a ski season in Canada. I'd prefer to go through a well-known holiday company like Crystal.

Does anyone know what time of you should start applying for the 2017/18 ski season?

Thanks!
Sam
         Jump to Top
OLD MAN OF LECH
Administrator
TRAVELING
#3  Re: When to apply? Ski rep in Canada  14 Jan at 03:40
Hi there, You will not be able to work in Canada without a valid visa. UK ski tour operators do not provide these. You have to apply for a working holiday visa directly from the Canadian authorities. UK ski TO's will obviously then allot jobs to those people who have the necessary visa. These visas are limited in number and you will probably need to apply for one several months in advance. Research it on the net. There are also now opportunities in the US where an employer will sponsor a H2B so you can work there.( Me this season). You will need to secure the job offer from the employer before this process can begin.
         Jump to Top
lmarks
#4  Re: When to apply? Ski rep in Canada  29 Mar at 17:28
So based on this do you think it is easier to apply for the VISA before you start looking for a job/accommodation?

Also based in the UK and 3 of us in total are looking at doing the ski season 2017-2018, and have started looking at accommodation/jobs over the past week but should we refocus our efforts to the Visa instead?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
         Jump to Top
OLD MAN OF LECH
Administrator
TRAVELING
#5  Re: When to apply? Ski rep in Canada  29 Mar at 19:49
You would definately need a visa to work in either the US or Canada. I would think it very wise to have a visa either before you start the job search or at least have started the application process. If you go to work for a UK tour operator, they will usually provide you with accommodation taking that headache away from you. Alos providing you with flights out & back. If you are granted a visa then of course you are not restricted to working just for a UK TO and can look at local employers.
If you do go down that route then of course you would probably need to source your own accommodation and transport there.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet
- Skishop job in Val Thorens