When is it too late? //

< Prev
Author
  Topic Started By:  Gooderz    On:  Wed 7th September, 2005 at 19:23
Bags
London
#18  Re: When is it too late?  11 Sep '05 at 14:51

Originally posted by rodent

(i don't want us to win just coz it rained - thats wimpy!!!)

In theory, I agree. However, in reality, I couldn't give a flying fcuk. Anything that prevents Fatty & Co from running off with what is rightfully ours, just because they won it last year, is all good by me.

Eek it's back on! Not liking the pitch situation - favours the fielders. Oh well, back to more heart-racing, nail-biting cricket. I almost can't watch it. Gutted about having to work tomorrow, but suspect an afternoon skiving down the pub may be in order. Although the benefit of being at work is you don't get quite as stressed - the ball-by-ball scorecard doesn't seem as intense as when you actually watch it...

PS Sorry to go so off-topic. Laters!
"I am a very good skier...in my mind. However, video evidence suggests that I'm rubbish. I look like a bus driver in a primary-coloured anorak, sitting on an imaginary lavatory. Also I can only turn right. So to mask my embarrassment, and the pain in my thighs, I ski only when very drunk. I can recommend this wholeheartedly." Jeremy Clarkson
         Jump to Top
Amazon
Southampton..again.
#19  Re: When is it too late?  11 Sep '05 at 14:52
I wouldnt even mention Skiing to them..they dont care, your there to do a job, not to ski.

I was 18 when I did my first season with NBV. I had not previous exp but they were willing to give me a chance. There are plenty of companies looking, just put a bit of effort in and you will get results.

I think your best bet would be chalet ass/host.

Good Luck
Garlic bread, I've tasted it, it's the future - Peter Kay in Phoenix Nights

05/06-Meribel/La Tania...Eventually Les Gets-Resort Rep
04/05-La Plagne (mostly)-Chalet Host
01/02-Tignes-Chalet Host
         Jump to Top
Gooderz
Oldham
#20  Re: When is it too late?  11 Sep '05 at 15:04
Yeah im sure id have a decent chance of getting a job if i could get an interview! but that is the bit that is causing me the problem!
Id rather not have a job than be a chalet host, cant cook, cant be arsed cooking, dont want to learn!
My experience consist of lots of small placements, mainly with engineering companies, so nothing to do with ski resorts... but I now work in a resturant and in Tesco's so hopefully they might give me a chance.
Im gonna start applying to a few more assistant positions.

Thanks very much for the help everyone! (and not for getting to wound up!)
         Jump to Top
Gooderz
Oldham
#22  Re: When is it too late?  11 Sep '05 at 15:22
Well I sent applications to First Choice and Tops and neither replied. SHG didnt invite me to interview.
Not had one interview yet!
I obviously have something about me on paper that puts them off then, because I dont know what im doing wrong! Is there anything on application forms that puts them off people? Ive not been going on about skiing lots, ive been trying to make it seem that I am friendly and enthusiastic.
Ive been applying to washer up/ cleaning / waiter/ assistant type jobs, jobs that any person could do.
Im really pissed off here cos it seems that everyone else can get jobs easily, even with little experience!

But again, Thanks for the advice, wouldnt have got any where with out this site so thanks guys.
         Jump to Top
Amazon
Southampton..again.
#24  Re: When is it too late?  11 Sep '05 at 15:55

Originally posted by

Id rather not have a job than be a chalet host, cant cook, cant be arsed cooking, dont want to learn!

You obviously dont want it much then.
Garlic bread, I've tasted it, it's the future - Peter Kay in Phoenix Nights

05/06-Meribel/La Tania...Eventually Les Gets-Resort Rep
04/05-La Plagne (mostly)-Chalet Host
01/02-Tignes-Chalet Host
         Jump to Top
fighting_kite
#25  Re: ???  18 Sep '05 at 13:12
Exactly. At least you have a freakin UK NI NO...Learning to cook is nothing. In fact there is very little I wouldn't do, if the hours were good and it gave me accom+lift pass etc.

In fact, sorry to hijack your post (i'm just really jaded at the moment),
but i want to ask the people...As long as the job had ok money, free hours to ski, a free lift pass, food +acomm, what job wouldn't you do???
         Jump to Top
fighting_kite
#26  Re: When is it too late?  18 Sep '05 at 13:13
Assuming of course there was no other options
         Jump to Top
drifter
NFA
#27  Re: When is it too late?  18 Sep '05 at 15:38

Originally posted by Gooderz

Is there anything on application forms that puts them off people? [/quote:f73114b00f]

[quote:f73114b00f]Id rather not have a job than be a chalet host, cant cook, cant be arsed cooking, dont want to learn!

That should do it!
         Jump to Top
Gooderz
Oldham
#28  Re: When is it too late?  18 Sep '05 at 17:25
I havent even applied to any cooking jobs so that shouldnt matter, like I said, I would rather just pay for my season than cook for ppl, Ive just been told by ppl that Chalet Host jobs arnt nice, so if ive got money to not work, then im not doin it. I dont actually mind cooking, just not when it is taking up skiing time etc.

It is the non cooking jobs that id do, and I would do anything if it came with the usual package, just some jobs offer barely any ski time, and I want to go to the alps to ski, not work. But the less responsibility the better, dont care even if i get paid, just want to be in the mountains!
         Jump to Top
fat-russ
Auchtermuchty, Fife
#29  Re: When is it too late?  18 Sep '05 at 17:37
"Cooking jobs take up skiing time"
What a pile of pants

Hosted and cooked last season was out of challet at 10:30 back at 17:30
cooking this season will be finished by 10 and back at 17:30

Get yourself on the natives cooking course if you pass and unless you are a dumb ass you should then they get you a job. Better spending £350 than £3500
         Jump to Top
Gooderz
Oldham
#30  Re: When is it too late?  18 Sep '05 at 18:18
Thanks for the advice, if it was earlier on then I might have done it, but as I there is no guarentee that ill get a job afterwards at this late stage then Ill leave it. Alot of companies dont have any Chalet type jobs availible any more apprently. If im struggling to get an interview for assistant/KP jobs then I doubt they will want to employ me as a cook any way!
         Jump to Top
fighting_kite
#31  Re: When is it too late?  20 Sep '05 at 03:57
where's ya balls son?
         Jump to Top
fat-russ
Auchtermuchty, Fife
#32  Re: When is it too late?  20 Sep '05 at 10:00

Originally posted by fighting_kite

where's ya balls son?

said Kite
         Jump to Top

< Prev
Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort