USA Yoga Ski Retreat //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Jessilicious    On:  Sun 15th April, 2018 at 13:48
Jessilicious
London
#1  USA Yoga Ski Retreat  15 Apr at 13:48
Hi all, been a while since I've posted on here, hope someone can help.
I have a question about the viability of an idea I've had.
I'd like to do the following:

Rent a self catering chalet in Breck/Vail for 2 weeks
Sell 8 of the 10 beds to random people who want to ski and also do yoga before/after the slopes.
I'll do the yoga lessons in the chalet (I am qualified and can upgrade my liability insurance to include USA) and a friend will do the cooking of healthy meals
Will have rental cars for shopping and resort transfers

I have a US passport which I can renew, friend has no visa or passport.

So, what I want to know is, could that friend, as a UK qualified instrctor or coach, I'm not sure which, feasibly also offer any kind of ski instruction to the 8 people, (with appropriate insurance on their part and the guests' part obvs)? Or will the behemoth VAIL RESORTS take them down and destroy them? What are the chances of this? Could it be passed off as mates giving each other tips? Could there be better resorts to do this from, who are way more chill?

As we are both 'working' there, for the 2 weeks, will there be any visa or tax issues? Payment to the friend will be by invoice to me (who will have taken the cash off the other 8 people) into a UK bank account, from my UK bank account. I personally don't plan to add much profit to the pricing, I just want free skiing.

I can't seem to find this type of holiday outside Europe and I can only assume that it's because of the hurdles described above, because honestly the pricing is not the issue, if I've done my sums anywhere near corerctly.

Any thoughts on the extent of the long arms of the law surrounding this?
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted!
- OFFERED - 6 bedroom chalet, SAMOENS, winter 18/19
- USA Yoga Ski Retreat
- Last minute to France / Austria / Switzerland
- Working as a resort/transfer driver
- How To Become A Ski / Snowboard Instructor
- Summer job in London - barbecue cookery school
- Transfer feb 13th Geneva to Meribel return 20th Fe
- Nordica Double Six Park / Pipe Ski Boots (UK10)
- Toulouse to Baqueira - Tuesday February 27