Twiddling my thumbs... //

Author
  Topic Started By:  TheGreatGatsby    On:  Fri 20th January, 2006 at 14:18
TheGreatGatsby
#1  Twiddling my thumbs...  20 Jan '06 at 14:18
...until May when I can start applying for jobs. I'm so bored at work I was just wondering what the seasoned seasonaires do in the off periods between jobs?

I'm so desperate to get out there and start doing the chalet thing! Do you reckon if we managed to get a job with a tour op they might give us a job to start a few months earlier so we can get aquainted with the resort? what kind of summer resort jobs do people do?

please relieve me of this tedium!

Gats
www.myspace.com/podiumgraphics

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l185/Gatsby_01/job.jpg
         Jump to Top
braders
Leeds / Whistler
#2  Re: Re: Twiddling my thumbs...  20 Jan '06 at 14:55

Originally posted by TheGreatGatsby

...until May when I can start applying for jobs. I'm so bored at work I was just wondering what the seasoned seasonaires do in the off periods between jobs?

I'm so desperate to get out there and start doing the chalet thing! Do you reckon if we managed to get a job with a tour op they might give us a job to start a few months earlier so we can get aquainted with the resort? what kind of summer resort jobs do people do?

Gats

Some tour ops have summer vacancies in resort, maintenance of the chalets etc.

Most seasoned seasonaires get awfull jobs, then hang around on here and complain about it!

Some even hang around on here to avoid seasons!!!
Deux Points!
         Jump to Top
Jonathan
London
#3  Re: Re: Twiddling my thumbs...  24 Jan '06 at 21:32

Originally posted by braders

Originally posted by TheGreatGatsby

Gats

Some tour ops have summer vacancies in resort, maintenance of the chalets etc.

Most seasoned seasonaires get awfull jobs, then hang around on here and complain about it!

Some even hang around on here to avoid seasons!!!

lol!
"Hi I'm Plod. I'm a professional Ski Bum"

05/06 - Courchevel
06/07 - St Anton
07/08 - Whister
08/09 - Peisey
09/10 - Val d'Isere
         Jump to Top
Hagop
UK
#4  Re: Twiddling my thumbs...  27 Jan '06 at 17:20
there's a few standard things

I know one group who run a hotel (they dont own it) during the snow season & then crew a large yacht during summer. they make stacks of cash from rich people who wanna rent a boat and have the crew do all the work.

some instructors who live in the resorts they work in teach snowpsorts during winter & take people on mountain bik trails during summer. many resorts (esp. european, where resorts are rarely purpose built) are as vibrant during summer as winter. tignes, chamonix etc. all offer climbing, mointain biking, they have lakes for swimming in etc.

some people teach watersports during summer
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort