Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  cr500dom    On:  Fri 19th November, 2004 at 13:53
cr500dom
Sarfeast
#1  Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  19 Nov '04 at 13:53
Hi, I thought I`d post this up here,
I am driving out to Meribel in the week before Christmas, not sure what day yet so flexible at the moment.
Will go Tunnel rather than Ferry as its quicker.
Currently going solo, I know the way so thats not a problem , be cool to have someone to share the trip with and towards the cost
I am not an axe murderer or pshyco either

Car is an Audi Quattro saloon fitted with snow tyres, serious set of lights and very serious sounds Minidisc so get your requests in early
Have got Roof Bars and Skii rack for them, was going to leave in the car till we got out there but if you want/need them fitted that can be arranged for a larger contribution to fuel costs.....
I am in Southend, can accomodate night before or something if you need to get down to me.
Let me know by PM if interested leave a number and I`ll call you back
Cheers
Dom
         Jump to Top
WELSHPHILL
MERIBEL, FRANCE
#2  Re: Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  7 Dec '04 at 12:32
hey is this DOM, of the DOM, RANI, K-T, fame...
if so gis a bell lova i'm still onda same number and at the same gaff.
ya motor sounds well cool, do ya think it's quicker than a 3.3 turbo diesel nissan patrol?? last one toda ronnie buys the toffee vodi's....
if ya not da dom i tink u is, and especially if you're a bloke then ignore the lova bit....
laters
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!
         Jump to Top
cr500dom
Sarfeast
#3  Re: Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  8 Dec '04 at 10:37

Originally posted by WELSH PHILL

hey is this DOM, of the DOM, RANI, K-T, fame...
if so gis a bell lova i'm still onda same number and at the same gaff.
ya motor sounds well cool, do ya think it's quicker than a 3.3 turbo diesel nissan patrol?? last one toda ronnie buys the toffee vodi's....
if ya not da dom i tink u is, and especially if you're a bloke then ignore the lova bit....
laters

LOL....No not the same Dom, and yes I am a bloke
So quite happy to ignore the Lova bit

Might give you a bell when I get out there though.....
My GF is out there at the moment....If you see a Blue Golf 2 Syncro on English plates ..... you cant miss it, its got BFO Cibie super oscar Lights on the front Give her a wave

Likewise you wont miss the Audi either..... 90Quattro White, Black wheels, Full Rally Bonnet and Bumper Lamp pods

Meet up for a drink/board out there ?

I am going to book a crossing this week.
Its going to be 21st, 22nd or 23rd...
So if anyone was thinking of coming and has a preference then I need to know this week
If not I shall be going Solo

Cheers
Dom
         Jump to Top
WELSHPHILL
MERIBEL, FRANCE
#4  Re: Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  8 Dec '04 at 12:33
sounds like a kick ass motor dude,
yeh defo up for both, beers n boardin's wot i do, sumtimes not in dat order.
keep an eye out for a big-ass white nissan patrol 4x4, big wheels, bull-bar, 3.3 turbo diesel, usual amounts of character (rust) and smokes more than a stoner
when ya get your motor stuck gis a shout an i'll get me winch out?!?!...
i'll keep me bins open for the golf syncro as well and we can roady it up to the ronnie, last one there buys... quickest way there is up the piste, you might need diff lock...
laters geez
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!
         Jump to Top
*~Larry~*
Bern, Switzerland
#5  Re: Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  8 Dec '04 at 14:12

sounds like a kick ass motor dude,
yeh defo up for both, beers n boardin's wot i do, sumtimes not in dat order.
keep an eye out for a big-ass white nissan patrol 4x4, big wheels, bull-bar, 3.3 turbo diesel, usual amounts of character (rust) and smokes more than a stoner
when ya get your motor stuck gis a shout an i'll get me winch out?!?!...
i'll keep me bins open for the golf syncro as well and we can roady it up to the ronnie, last one there buys... quickest way there is up the piste, you might need diff lock...
laters geez

Phil....I'm sure I know you from meribel (if you've been there). You don't happen to know Charlie by any chance do you?
EVERY TIME GRIFF GETS IN HIS HOT TUB - GOD KILLS A KITTEN.

TRUE STORY.
         Jump to Top
WELSHPHILL
MERIBEL, FRANCE
#6  Re: Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  9 Dec '04 at 16:02
yo dude,
yeh ya prob know me, friends wid landi lou (overfield) and dylan (sqebs) both worked in poncho's.
i know a couple of charlie's need more info, where'd they work, nickname, type stuff...
or are you talkin bout charles a kinda posh dude who lived wid landi and sqebs also a girl call'd jo (now tav resto manager) and hanna (used to work enfants and go out wid a tall dude dickie) in la fraize...
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!
         Jump to Top
*~Larry~*
Bern, Switzerland
#7  Re: Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  9 Dec '04 at 16:05
Yes - charlie posh bloke - he put me and Kat up in his chalet when we came back to meribel to visit last year in march(03)!!! We arrived the night before our appartment was open for us, so him and the guys that lived there sorted us out with beds (after he's taken us out on the piss on a pub crawl the moment we pulled into resort)!!!...did you live there too or was it another welsh guy?

TRUE STORY.
         Jump to Top
WELSHPHILL
MERIBEL, FRANCE
#8  Re: Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  10 Dec '04 at 18:07
nah i'm da other welsh guy,
i did'nt live there but popped in quite a bit to hang wid lou n sqebs, swap vid's, nick cd's, drink tea and such like...
the one you're tinkin of was the head chef at poncho's, his name is dylan (sqebs). tall, skinny wid a mass of wild n wolly ginger hair. totally cool dude wid a heart of gold and a knob of butter.... ?!?!
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!
         Jump to Top
cr500dom
Sarfeast
#9  Re: Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  10 Dec '04 at 18:09

laters geez

I Think they saw you on your way back from Moutiers the other evening

I`ll give you a Bell when I get out there, need to do some Boarding with Boarders this season
You can show me some of the Off piste Powder stashes
Had some lovely runs over in St Martin last year.....
Diff lock is no problem
Laters
Dom
         Jump to Top
WELSHPHILL
MERIBEL, FRANCE
#10  Re: Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  11 Dec '04 at 11:11
if ya like it steep n deep dude, i'll defo take ya round and show ya sum places, 7 years living in meribel, i think i've found a few nice places...
freerides where it's at... back country, big mountain riding. bring it on. as long as ya got a peyps n a shovel.
i'm not into the park n pipe, i've never seen a rail off piste yet....
gis a shout when ya get here :-)
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!
         Jump to Top
cr500dom
Sarfeast
#11  Re: Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  13 Dec '04 at 14:48

if ya like it steep n deep dude, i'll defo take ya round and show ya sum places, 7 years living in meribel, i think i've found a few nice places...
freerides where it's at... back country, big mountain riding. bring it on. as long as ya got a peyps n a shovel.
i'm not into the park n pipe, i've never seen a rail off piste yet....
gis a shout when ya get here :-)

Cool !!
Yep prefer Freeride to Park/pipe, though I do want to learn some more this year if only to improve my Boarding generally.
On the lookout for an Ortovox tranciever at the moment, got any ideas of where to get one at a sensible price locally ?
Or is there anywhere in Albertville worth a look on my Way through ?
Cheers fella
Dom
         Jump to Top
WELSHPHILL
MERIBEL, FRANCE
#12  Re: Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  13 Dec '04 at 16:36
yeh dude,
wait till ya get here n see toff in 1600 at sno toys or jono at board brains. they both give 10% discount to seasoaires (more if ya a good haggler or buying a truck load) no vat or silly english prices and up to the minute gear. there's also people upgrading....
cop a chill and all will bloom when you're up da hill
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!
         Jump to Top
cr500dom
Sarfeast
#13  Re: Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  13 Dec '04 at 18:08
Cheers Fella, will do that

Which ones board brains ? is that the one next to Freeride ? or the one further up the hill ?

Need to get my OP kit sorted out, and learn how to use it Properly, then hope I never need to
         Jump to Top
WELSHPHILL
MERIBEL, FRANCE
#14  Re: Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  14 Dec '04 at 08:13
no that's oxygen/free-ride and it's down from da town towards chaudanne,and under neath that is jacks and evolution (now wid new owners) and fast becomeing a seasonaire hang-out... check it, it's my new second home wid da lovely faye (of stig n faye)runnin da gaff.. board brains is up from the tav just past the tabac on ya right. sno toys is up at 1600 a couple of gaffs b-4 enfant terrible and in my humble opinion TOFF at sno toys is da daddy, specially where narly o.p. kit is need'd
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!
         Jump to Top
*~Larry~*
Bern, Switzerland
#15  Re: Travelling out to Meribel Week before Christmas  14 Dec '04 at 09:30

yeh dude,
wait till ya get here n see toff in 1600 at sno toys or jono at board brains. they both give 10% discount to seasoaires (more if ya a good haggler or buying a truck load) no vat or silly english prices and up to the minute gear. there's also people upgrading....
cop a chill and all will bloom when you're up da hill

I'd highly recommend Boardbrains for snowboarding equipment - plus the guys tin there know their shít - so you'll get good stuff and wicked advice too!

Please if you go in there tell Jono and Mel Larry sends her love to them, and i might see them this season if I come out!! xx

TRUE STORY.
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview