Thomson - Your views //

< Prev
Author
  Topic Started By:  ralphpelly    On:  Thu 18th August, 2005 at 20:08
mista
The sticks
#124  Re: Thomson - Your views  29 Aug '05 at 18:14

Originally posted by Dinosaur

Bit of improvement on both sides would be nice, if only because I might then cease to have my ear bent from both direction[/quote:7681620bf5]

So you agree that the poeple running TOs are knobheads! Result! I totally agree with the monkey/peanuts point. This is incredibly annoying for people who are not so simian like and want to do seasons.

[quote:7681620bf5="dino"]So they do have powers over TO accommodation and they don't turn a blind eye - they just haven't caught everyone yet

Or many people! I suspect they do turn a blind eye in many cases, the example you gave probably involved someone pissing them off.
         Jump to Top
MoonWalker
#126  Re: Thomson - Your views  29 Aug '05 at 21:19

Originally posted by WTFH

Originally posted by MoonWalker

I can't believe how arrogant and patronising some of you are being. ...
I really can't stand people who pick out grammar and spelling when arguing with someone else's post. It riles me. I was typing extremely quickly and everyone understood what I meant. I made one mistake WTFH, so need to be condescending in any shape of the word.

I can't believe how RUDE you have been, I asked a civil question, and you chose to ignore it. Talk about arrogance!

I admit I smiled at that

He wasn't my friend. I worked in the kitchen with him. He would arrive at work late on a few occasions. He probably did deserve to get sacked, but in no way, shape or form should they have tossed him out in the snow. That is horrible. They required us to work all day and treated us like crap. I didn't mind because I got to ski etc, but they really were poor in staff morale upkeep. They didn't treat anyone with any respect or dignity up there and would level the blame on employees rather than themselves.

How they treated me after my injury was shocking too. I called them to let them know I was at the doctor's because I had just torn my anterior cruciate ligament and I'm told to walk up to the hotel. I tell them that it's not possible to walk up steps etc, and on a winding hill to get to my hotel with crutches in full snow; he then reluctantly agrees to send transport. Many more things besides, but again I won't go in to it.

I do not mind hard work etc and could handle all their crap as I was in the Alps. However throwing someone on the streets and treating me like a piece of sh*t after getting injured was a bridge too far. I don't expect any special favours, just some acceptance that I am in the bloody alps with a pair of crutches and some help wouldn't go amiss.
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
God's own county/Tignes/South America/North America/Australasia/Asia/Africa
#128  Re: Thomson - Your views  30 Aug '05 at 08:51

Originally posted by Dinosaur

So who was your manager? Name and shame that person!

I've just been told that it's illegal in France to evict anyone between the months of October and March. I have no idea whether or not this is true.

I think this is correct for landlords evicting tenants. But the TO is the tenant (ie paying the rent). I don't know if the legislation covers employees of the TO.
         Jump to Top
RidingMountains2
#132  Re: Thomson - Your views  7 Sep '05 at 09:49
All this aside..... why the fcuk didn't this twit that we are talking about just go to the tourist office... ask if there was anywhere with rooms/space and pay for it ???????????? or is this too much of a sensible thing to do... oh yeah probably... on account of the fact he was stupid enough to get himself sacked... because he was crap... he was probably too fcuking stupid to use that wonderfull thing called common sense!!!

Christ i do wonder sometimes.............
         Jump to Top
moj
#133  Re: Thomson - Your views  7 Sep '05 at 11:22

Originally posted by RidingMountains2

All this aside..... why the fcuk didn't this twit that we are talking about just go to the tourist office... ask if there was anywhere with rooms/space and pay for it ???????????? or is this too much of a sensible thing to do... oh yeah probably... on account of the fact he was stupid enough to get himself sacked... because he was crap... he was probably too fcuking stupid to use that wonderfull thing called common sense!!!

Christ i do wonder sometimes.............

that's kinda beside the point though isn't it?

Originally posted by toiletduck

Alright, I'd like to say that all eople with 3 letter forum names beginning with M, who've been heli skiing in NZ are twats with the social skills of a dead horse and should probably be banned from the internet in general, as well as sharp objects.
         Jump to Top

< Prev
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet