< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  ralphpelly    On:  Thu 18th August, 2005 at 20:08
mista
The sticks
#98  Re: Thomson - Your views  26 Aug '05 at 16:49

Originally posted by techmonkey

Originally posted by mista

Rental ski's suck. Staff get the substandard ones, unless they are sleeping with a tech.

sh*t. We gave the good stuff out just for chocolate cakes, beer, wine, and bacon butties in the morning.

Yeah I have heard the alcohol one is common too, I wouldn't expect much in return for cake though mugs!
         Jump to Top
moj
#100  Re: Thomson - Your views  26 Aug '05 at 16:57

Originally posted by mista

Yeah I have heard the alcohol one is common too, I wouldn't expect much in return for cake though mugs!

We did get some sweet cake though - keeps you going on the 12 hour transfer day weekends when you can't get lunch or dinner. One manager made a great chocolate log with mini eggs on it.

I hid that one and ate it all myself. ops:

I used to get alot of beer for brownies, and a sortof unnofficial laundry service. Buy your own kit, barman bribing is where it's at

Originally posted by toiletduck

Alright, I'd like to say that all eople with 3 letter forum names beginning with M, who've been heli skiing in NZ are twats with the social skills of a dead horse and should probably be banned from the internet in general, as well as sharp objects.
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#101  Re: Thomson - Your views  26 Aug '05 at 17:03

Originally posted by moj

I used to get alot of beer for brownies, and a sortof unnofficial laundry service. Buy your own kit, barman bribing is where it's at

Another path I would recommend if possible is to work in the bar because people are constantly trying to bribe barstaff for free drinks and are generally more drunk than the bar staff so come off worse out of the deal.

To quote c0cktail "the barman is the aristocrat of the working class"
         Jump to Top
RidingMountains2
#102  Re: Thomson - Your views  26 Aug '05 at 20:11
Can i suggest that the topic be moved to banter or ski jobs!!!.. my reasons are that a lot of this topic is not TUI/SHG related and more of an argument about TO's... the outsider perception could be missunderstood and should therefore be clarified that the topic is not solely TUI related... but more individual experiences and opinions than actual facts....

Facts... TUI are doing something right they are the biggest player
Facts... People including myself have had good and bad experiences with TO's both large and small

I suggest that this topic be closed on account of its heading is misleading of its majority content!
         Jump to Top
nenos
Oxford
#103  Re: Thomson - Your views  26 Aug '05 at 20:23
I worked for tui

i was treated badly and misinformed about getting there and hated the hours, etc, etc.

will i be going back?

hell yes, same chalet same place same COMPANY. yey for tui! wooo wooo wooo!
one careful owner
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#105  Re: Thomson - Your views  26 Aug '05 at 23:10

Originally posted by RidingMountains2

I suggest that this topic be closed on account of its heading is misleading of its majority content!

We're safe, I sincerely doubt there is any danger of an outsider wading beyond page two of all this.

And if they do, they'll see that I've posted stuff, which is, of course, ALL WRONG, because I KNOW NOTHING.
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#106  Re: Thomson - Your views  27 Aug '05 at 01:20
I guess I should put in some disclaimer about how none of this TO bashing is the official view of natives... or foxy... (probably far from it!). It is my personal opnion, I hope it doesn't cause any offence , I am just writing what I think!

p.s.

Originally posted by WTFH

And if they do, they'll see that I've posted stuff, which is, of course, ALL WRONG, because I KNOW NOTHING

Sounding a bit stroppy and sarcy there foxy...
         Jump to Top
moj
#107  Re: Thomson - Your views  27 Aug '05 at 10:09

Originally posted by nenos

I worked for tui

i was treated badly and misinformed about getting there and hated the hours, etc, etc.

will i be going back?

hell yes, same chalet same place same COMPANY. yey for tui! wooo wooo wooo!

well then I can assume nothing more than you are an idiot

Alright, I'd like to say that all eople with 3 letter forum names beginning with M, who've been heli skiing in NZ are twats with the social skills of a dead horse and should probably be banned from the internet in general, as well as sharp objects.
         Jump to Top
MoonWalker
#108  Re: Thomson - Your views  29 Aug '05 at 11:25
I can't believe how arrogant and patronising some of you are being.

If you call sacking someone in the afternoon, going to their accomodation at 8pm, collecting their suitcases and then leaving them outside the front door ''normal', then I don't know what's wrong with you. He was sacked in the afternoon and kicked out at 8pm with nowhere to go.

This is in a country in which they don't speak his language, it's freezing cold, and they do not have the luxury of regular amenities found elsewhere ( as it's in the Alps). How in living hell can you find a driver to take you to the airport "in 24 hrs" on the 24th December, let alone find a flight.

I could find a million and one things wrong with TUI but I won't waste my time speaking on them any longer. I've worked since I was 16 for many multinationals, and have never experienced a level of staff dissatisfaction such as with TUI - I'm not a college leaver with zero experience as some of you are implying

I really can't stand people who pick out grammar and spelling when arguing with someone else's post. It riles me. I was typing extremely quickly and everyone understood what I meant. I made one mistake WTFH, so need to be condescending in any shape of the word.
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
God's own county/Tignes/South America/North America/Australasia/Asia/Africa
#110  Re: Thomson - Your views  29 Aug '05 at 11:40
I agree with Dino. To misuse a phrase
"If you can't do the time, don't do the crime"
         Jump to Top
user206
#111  Re: Thomson - Your views  29 Aug '05 at 12:13

Originally posted by Kenzie

I agree with Dino. To misuse a phrase
"If you can't do the time, don't do the crime"

Err.. i'm almost certain there are laws about this klind of thing and that whatever it says in your contract they can't throw you out without warning. Even illegal squatters can't forcibly evicted just like that.
         Jump to Top
moj
#115  Re: Thomson - Your views  29 Aug '05 at 12:51

Originally posted by MoonWalker

If you call sacking someone in the afternoon, going to their accomodation at 8pm, collecting their suitcases and then leaving them outside the front door ''normal', then I don't know what's wrong with you. He was sacked in the afternoon and kicked out at 8pm with nowhere to go.

This is in a country in which they don't speak his language, it's freezing cold, and they do not have the luxury of regular amenities found elsewhere ( as it's in the Alps). How in living hell can you find a driver to take you to the airport "in 24 hrs" on the 24th December, let alone find a flight.

I could find a million and one things wrong with TUI but I won't waste my time speaking on them any longer. I've worked since I was 16 for many multinationals, and have never experienced a level of staff dissatisfaction such as with TUI - I'm not a college leaver with zero experience as some of you are implying

I really can't stand people who pick out grammar and spelling when arguing with someone else's post. It riles me. I was typing extremely quickly and everyone understood what I meant. I made one mistake WTFH, so need to be condescending in any shape of the word.[/quote:b51409d326]
You didn't explain that in much detail before, now you have I agree with you.
[quote:b51409d326="Dino"]If the company's policy clearly states that you have to bugger off within 24 hours, then you really need to bear that in mind before behaving like a tw@t.

This is not what he describes

This argument is fairly pointless, WTFH has never worked a season and Dino is old, bitter and management... as far as I can tell all the relevant experience is on the moonwalker, mista etc side of the discussion

Jump to Top
user206
#118  Re: Thomson - Your views  29 Aug '05 at 13:06

Originally posted by Dinosaur

I should point out that it's very difficult to persuade companies to treat their staff with a bit of respect when their experience suggests that people will just take the p!ss and let them down. If certain people behaved a bit better we might have a bit more success in pushing for more tolerable working/living conditions.

Or if you staff were treated better maybe they would respect their employers more for it. Or with better pay/ conditions maybe you would end up with better staff. Peanuts, monkeys etc.
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#122  Re: Thomson - Your views  29 Aug '05 at 15:10

Why did they sack your friend?
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#123  Re: Thomson - Your views  29 Aug '05 at 15:12

I can't believe how arrogant and patronising some of you are being. ...
I really can't stand people who pick out grammar and spelling when arguing with someone else's post. It riles me. I was typing extremely quickly and everyone understood what I meant. I made one mistake WTFH, so need to be condescending in any shape of the word.

I can't believe how RUDE you have been, I asked a civil question, and you chose to ignore it. Talk about arrogance!
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort