Thomson - Your views //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  ralphpelly    On:  Thu 18th August, 2005 at 20:08
moj
#34  Re: Thomson - Your views  21 Aug '05 at 22:19

Originally posted by ralphpelly

So how would I go about getting myself a promotion mid-season? Assassinate another employee and fill their position?

Assassinate as many TUI staff as you like mate (not our own RM ofcourse )

Originally posted by toiletduck

Alright, I'd like to say that all eople with 3 letter forum names beginning with M, who've been heli skiing in NZ are twats with the social skills of a dead horse and should probably be banned from the internet in general, as well as sharp objects.
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
God's own county/Tignes/South America/North America/Australasia/Asia/Africa
#35  Re: Thomson - Your views  22 Aug '05 at 08:29

Originally posted by TimmyC

Also, Hotel hosts at grade 2 are the lowest ranked staff. I can't imagine what a grade 1 member of staff would be/do! Prob makes it sound better saying that you are starting at grade 2!

Oh great, the lowest ranked member of staff! I really should have applied for a better position, but only being 18 and not having any previous season experience I didn't think I'd get much, even though I could definately do most of the jobs in resort with the right training - and I speak fluent French!

So how would I go about getting myself a promotion mid-season? Assassinate another employee and fill their position?

You're 18, and just about to be paid to spend the season in the Alps. Stop whinging about rank, and realise how lucky you are.
Don't worry about getting promotion - the lower down the feeding chain you are, the more time you seem to get on the slopes!
         Jump to Top
bomberlow
Sarfend-on-Sea
#36  Re: Thomson - Your views  22 Aug '05 at 10:19
Have fun on your first season, forgive me ignorance, but what eaxctly does a 'hotel host' of any rank do?
You are not a beautiful, unique snowflake... This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time." Chuck Palahniuk
         Jump to Top
ralphpelly
Guildford, UK
#37  Re: Thomson - Your views  22 Aug '05 at 10:24

Originally posted by Kenzie

Originally posted by TimmyC

Also, Hotel hosts at grade 2 are the lowest ranked staff. I can't imagine what a grade 1 member of staff would be/do! Prob makes it sound better saying that you are starting at grade 2![/quote:d27204b3f0]

Oh great, the lowest ranked member of staff! I really should have applied for a better position, but only being 18 and not having any previous season experience I didn't think I'd get much, even though I could definately do most of the jobs in resort with the right training - and I speak fluent French!

You're 18, and just about to be paid to spend the season in the Alps. Stop whinging about rank, and realise how lucky you are.
Don't worry about getting promotion - the lower down the feeding chain you are, the more time you seem to get on the slopes!

"That's just the kind of ageist attitude I've come to expect in this village!"

I'm glad you say I'll get more time on the slopes, that's what I'm there for after all! Any of those club hotel resorts on that list look good, although I've never heard of Risoul or Flaine. The only one I've been to before is Courchevel.

[quote:d27204b3f0="bomberlow"]Have fun on your first season, forgive me ignorance, but what eaxctly does a 'hotel host' of any rank do?

We were given the whole spiel on interview day. Each day we do a selection of the following task: (It's rotated in shifts)
breakfast
cleaning rooms
afternoon tea
kids dinner
dinner

Also I think I might be doing night shifts too! That will be harsh but if I'm still awake I could be up for first lift the next day.
         Jump to Top
RidingMountains2
#38  Re: Thomson - Your views  22 Aug '05 at 11:18

Originally posted by moj

Assassinate as many TUI staff as you like mate (not our own RM ofcourse )

Why thank you Moj.... i will sleep sounder in my bed with that knowledge
         Jump to Top
sam_c
North London
#39  Re: Thomson - Your views  22 Aug '05 at 11:25
hotel hosting seems to be a quite easy job without any real responsibility, so pretty good for a season.

i think the accommodation can be a bit cramped tho, mate of mine worked in alpe d'huez and had to share with about 6 or 7 other guys
04/05 & 05/06 - Meribel, D!cks Tea Bar, DJ
         Jump to Top
MoonWalker
#40  Re: Thomson - Your views  25 Aug '05 at 00:52
To be honest, TUI are bastards but you can still have a great time. They kicked someone out of their apartment without nowhere to go.
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#41  Re: Thomson - Your views  25 Aug '05 at 09:31

Originally posted by MoonWalker

To be honest, TUI are bastards but you can still have a great time. They kicked someone out of their apartment without nowhere to go.

MW, I'm not going to pick you up on your grammar, but I am going to ask for more facts - why was the person kicked out?
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
moj
#42  Re: Thomson - Your views  25 Aug '05 at 15:53

Originally posted by WTFH

MW, I'm not going to pick you up on your grammar, but I am going to ask for more facts - why was the person kicked out?

Yeah!! Bastrads kicked me out of my accomodation when I quite my job! No retainer and even asked for the rental skis back!

Alright, I'd like to say that all eople with 3 letter forum names beginning with M, who've been heli skiing in NZ are twats with the social skills of a dead horse and should probably be banned from the internet in general, as well as sharp objects.
         Jump to Top
paulriggers
Fareham
#43  Re: Thomson - Your views  25 Aug '05 at 16:02

yeah, man that interview dragged on!

I'm really tempted to take them up on a summer holiday offer next yr though....

my letter's sent off now so that's it, no more applying for me, I'm onto the next step!

But first I gotta get ready for reading festival. oh yeah.

almost snap, I'm off to Leeds. We should be enjoying almost the same line up.

my work said I couldn't have the bank holiday off though so following my heart and handed in my resignation!!!

only 12 or so weeks till snowtime.
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#44  Re: Thomson - Your views  25 Aug '05 at 16:02

Originally posted by moj

Yeah!! Bastrads kicked me out of my accomodation when I quite my job! No retainer and even asked for the rental skis back!

What? They are sooo bad - didn't they realise that you have a right to free accomodation and skis, whether you work for them or not? I'd sue, if I were you. But I'd buy a dictionary first - just to help with "bastards" and "quit"...
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
RidingMountains2
#45  Re: Thomson - Your views  25 Aug '05 at 17:20

Originally posted by moj

What? They are sooo bad - didn't they realise that you have a right to free accomodation and skis, whether you work for them or not? I'd sue, if I were you. But I'd buy a dictionary first - just to help with "bastards" and "quit"...

Seconded ... whilst i understand and appreciated Mojjy's experience... MW just what did this member of stff do... i take it he/she was sacked!

Well said Foxy!!!!
         Jump to Top
moj
#46  Re: Thomson - Your views  25 Aug '05 at 18:08

Originally posted by RidingMountains2

whilst i understand and appreciated Mojjy's experience... MW just what did this member of stff do... i take it he/she was sacked!
[/quote:e3901573c6]
Thank you, it was terrible, I had to leave the lovely lounge/kitchin are I slept in on the sofa and exchange it for my own room and real bed... terrible I tell you.

[quote:e3901573c6="wtfh"]
Well said Foxy!!!!

to be fair the "bastrads" was cos I thought the language filter might object... fair cop on the "quite" tho

Jump to Top
nenos
Oxford
#47  Re: Thomson - Your views  25 Aug '05 at 23:07
they do only give a days notice if you're fired. i had someone crash in my cramped place for ages while they tried sort their life out. a week later and she was home.

you do have to be pretty sh*t to be fired though. some of the peeps working....
one careful owner
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#48  Re: Thomson - Your views  26 Aug '05 at 00:02

Originally posted by moj

Originally posted by RidingMountains2

whilst i understand and appreciated Mojjy's experience... MW just what did this member of stff do... i take it he/she was sacked!

Thank you, it was terrible, I had to leave the lovely lounge/kitchin are I slept in on the sofa and exchange it for my own room and real bed... terrible I tell you.

I dont know how you coped...

As this seems to be such a hot topic I thought I'd chuck in my opinion of Thompson - They have stupid looking coats!
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort