The "What are you eating right now" Thread... //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  peds    On:  Sat 4th July, 2009 at 00:27
Boggart
Somewhere without a paddle….
#20  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 13:32

Originally posted by arcticmonkey

just drank a juice that I made of carrot, spinach, apple and tomato.

Arcticers,

I'd stay away from any naked flames for the next few hours, if I were you.

I remain,

Boggars
Don't squeeze the trigger, if you can't stand the recoil. - Johnny Cash

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
mickworld
London
#21  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 19:14
Chicken Jalfrezi!
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#22  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 19:30
Rocket, coriander, plum tomato, avocado, with a wee hint of onion, cheddar and parmesan, dressed in lemon juice, lime juice, olive oil, a splash of balsamic, salt, pepper a small drizzle of honey and a tiny wee touch of cayenne chilli.
         Jump to Top
sandgroper61
London
#23  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 19:35
After this morning's fry-up, lunch was nuts, cranberries, a plum and an apple.

And dinner has just been lamb rogan josh from the canteen, and may be followed by bread and butter pudding. Or not. I may be good instead.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

=============================

The difference between a cult and a religion: in a cult, there is someone at the top who knows it's a scam. In a religion, that person is dead.
         Jump to Top
arcticmonkey
#24  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 19:35
Chick peas, cous cous, peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms, tumeric.

Green tea with lemon.

5 of these things are meant to help me.

The amount of stuff Im not allowed to eat now is growing by the day. I can't eat cheese which is a friggin' joke.

Oh f^%k, Bear bloody Grills has appeared...where's the remote?!
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#25  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 21:56
Ce Soir....

A lazy night Schloss Boggart courtesy of the Bamboo Garden.

[u:61538d91c8]Entrées:[/i:61538d91c8][/u:61538d91c8][/b:61538d91c8]

Ribs/rolls/w*&k tun/wings/seaweed

[b:61538d91c8][u:61538d91c8][i:61538d91c8]A Suivre:
[/u:61538d91c8]

Four seasons (Roast Duck/Char Siu/Chicken/King Prawns and cornucopia of vegatables )

Singapore Chow Mein done in the 'wet' style.

The thirst was slaked by a single litre of Marston's 'Old Empire.'

I remain (a bloated)

Boggars

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#26  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 22:01

Oh f^%k, Bear bloody Grills has appeared...where's the remote?!

Acticers,

Fear not I think our very own Escoffier, the Pedmeister, will have a mouth watering recipe for a sauce to accompany your Barbecued Bear.

I remain,

Boggars

Jump to Top
arcticmonkey
#28  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 23:09
Peds, if you have any nice recipes including lentils, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic it would be much appreciated. No meat or dairy though.

any vegetables or spices, turmeric would be very helpful.
         Jump to Top
sandgroper61
London
#29  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 23:20

Originally posted by techmonkey

I attempted to batter up some beef in a chinese stylee tonight but despite smelling great it was too heavy and I did nowhere near enough sauce. Ah well, beer helps.[/quote:215e365d75]

The meaning of the universe, right there.

[quote:215e365d75="arcticmonkey"]Peds, if you have any nice recipes including lentils, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic it would be much appreciated. No meat or dairy though.

any vegetables or spices, turmeric would be very helpful.

Ooh, this should be good. The Carnivore's Carnivore forced to turn veggie. He can not refuse.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

=============================

The difference between a cult and a religion: in a cult, there is someone at the top who knows it's a scam. In a religion, that person is dead.
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#30  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 23:44
Arcticers,

Could these be helpful?

http://www.syvum.com/recipes/ivrindex.html

http://www.vegsoc.org/cordonvert/recipes/

http://www.recipedelights.com/indianvegdishes.htm

I remain,

Boggars

Jump to Top
Boggart
#33  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  5 Jul '09 at 14:06
[u:22f64eb597]Breakfast[/u:22f64eb597] (well to use that awful word 'Brunch' as it was 11H15) consisted of:

Two slices of 'Stocknook' home cured bacon, fried duck egg (edges of the white nice and crispy and a golden runny yolk), toasted muffin.

Tea (Twinnings) strong, very strong with just a dash of milk.

I remain (undecided what to have this evening)

Boggars

Jump to Top
Wendy
France
#35  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  5 Jul '09 at 19:42
I'm eating Quality Street chocolates that a friend left on my kitchen table while I was away for the weekend.

Bruno the cat brought her a treat of his own but she didn't want to eat that...
Life in the French Alps: www.lefrancophoney.com
         Jump to Top
peds
Chamonix
#36  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  6 Jul '09 at 11:47

Peds, if you have any nice recipes including lentils, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic it would be much appreciated. No meat or dairy though.
any vegetables or spices, turmeric would be very helpful.[/quote:b43dc39ba5]

[quote:b43dc39ba5="Sandgroper61"]Ooh, this should be good. The Carnivore's Carnivore forced to turn veggie. He can not refuse.

Forced nothing, you seem to be forgetting, sir, about my veggie burgers recipe and the veggie chilli recipe I have posted in the past.
I don't eat meat with every meal, I don't even eat meat every day. When I do eat it, it is invariably less meat than most people would do.

I'm not a carnivore, I'm an omnivore. But the meat I do eat is, more often that not, enjoyed and appreciated more than your common or garden carnivore would do.

Anyway, lentils, eh...

Soak em, or drain em if from a tin.

Finely chop a large onion, three small shallots, mash a clove of garlic and a roast one of the same, grate a thumb of ginger, chop however many red chillies you want in your life. In a heavy-based saucepan, sweat these gently in cooking oil along with a soup spoon of turmeric, four cardamom pods, and two teaspoons of garam masala for about forty minutes, with a lid on.

Add your lentils, stir them about for five or six minutes until coated in your spicy oils, then splash in about 100ml of IPA, and simmer until reduced. Or, just move straight on to water or clean vegetable stock. Add just enough to cover the lentils, and bring to a gentle simmer for about an hour. Pulse twice or thrice with a hand blender, but not too much.

Sprinkle generously with finely-diced and deseeded cucumber and tomato, and if you are allowed just a tiny bit of dairy in your world, a big dollop of yoghurt.

Also, break your mushrooms up roughly and chunkily. Chop a few red onions and sweat in a little pool of oil until fallen, then add your mushroom bits and a slightly smaller quantity of raisins, plus a cinnamon stick and a star anise tied together. Add a few spoons of brown sugar and slightly higher quantity by weight of cider vinegar. Simmer gently until thick and jammy, then stir in a grab of finely chopped mint and chervil. Allow to cool, then pick out the spice. Keeps for weeks in the fridge.

Eat lentils with mushroom chutney and flatbreads.
"Thrill-seeking? Sensation-seeking? What flavour is red? What colour is spice?"
         Jump to Top
peds
Chamonix
#37  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  6 Jul '09 at 12:03
On menu so far for tomorrow:

Tandoori guinea fowl (fowl permitting)
Grilled flatbreads made with chive flower seeds, from the garden
Hot-smoked fish, smoked in a biscuit tin over the glowing coals.

Various salads. A number with aubergine, lemon and mint, as I have a raging boner for at the moment, and probably one with pineapple, cucumber, red onion, tomato and fish sauce.

Might make some kind of rice or potato fritter for a minion to fry inside.

And delegate the pudding task to a girl.

Right, now to find something suitable to turn into a barbecue... (the spin cycle BBQ of last summer is, alas, no more...)

Jump to Top
peds
Chamonix
#38  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  6 Jul '09 at 13:34
Third salad, thought of in shower - various types of rice, pomegranate, passion fruit, spring onion, pine nut, too many herbs, quite chunkily chopped red chilli (like little mines hiding, they are), green beans blanched and refreshed, chopped into little rounds like the spring onions.

Hello!

Christ, overload on coffee. Time to go cause havoc.
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview