The "What are you eating right now" Thread... //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  peds    On:  Sat 4th July, 2009 at 00:27
peds
Chamonix
#1  The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 00:27
I've been meaning to make this thread for a little while now, and in a way, I was kind of hoping that one of you chaps would make it for me. But none of you have. For shame.

Anyway, it's quite a popular thread on that other forum I like to swing my willy around on, so I figured it might work out quite well here, what with people eating things regularly and all. It's the kind of thread that people can post in every day, whenever they are eating (or have recently eaten) something worthy of mention, or whenever someone else has bumped the thread to the top of the page. It will work well on slow forum days.

I'll kick off the proceedings, shall I?

Right now, I am eating home-made cheap packet noodles, as I don't have any packet noodles in the house. Packet noodles are great because at the end of a long night in a kitchen you really don't want to be spending any time cooking, but know that if you don't eat then you will probably not wake up in the morning. After thirty seconds of effort and sixty seconds of waiting and you have a bowl of steaming salt-and-MSG-laden goodness wanting to be in your belly.
But, when the cupboards are bare and you have no 60 cent noodles, you have to make them yourself.

So, they are basically boiling water with a spoon of thai red paste and another of pureed chilli, with egg noodles boiled in it. When cooked, thinly-julienned courgette, ginger and garlic added, stirred, and poured into a bowl. Dribbled with soy sauce and the juice of half a lime.

They are good, they fill a hole and are spicy enough to help me finish this litre of cidre brut, but they somehow feel false. They are too healthy to sate the craving.

I might need to snort a line of MSG to get my fix.

Anyway, do with this thread what you will. Mention what currently swims in your stomach, or, if you'd like, ignore it completely.
"Thrill-seeking? Sensation-seeking? What flavour is red? What colour is spice?"
         Jump to Top
Boggart
Somewhere without a paddle….
#2  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 01:07
Peders,

Can you retitle this thread...

Twigletter

I remain,

Boggars

P.S. Currently having a nice cup of tea; ate a scone/butter/strawberry jam/extra thick double cream combo about 90 mins ago.
Don't squeeze the trigger, if you can't stand the recoil. - Johnny Cash

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
arcticmonkey
#4  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 09:03
Organic oats with a handful flax seeds that have been ground up in a coffee grinder and a handful of sunflower seeds. A few organic raisins and sultanas. with milk.

A glass of water with lemon and a cup of tea.

Before all this I would have had a fresh coffee with toast and vegemite or 'fruit and fibre'.....damn it!
         Jump to Top
marcellus
Morillon
#6  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 09:28
Not riding this morning so half a Baguette with; Peanut butter on 1 8th, nuttella on another 8th and jam on the remaining quarter!!
The Seasonal Accommodation Professionals.
We can help you find your dream home for the season.

www.livetheseason.com
         Jump to Top
Abster
In a house in leafy Surrey
#7  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 10:54
Last thing I ate was yesterday around 2pm ish and it was an america pizza from pizza express with dough balls and garlic butter to start :-) oh and a bottle of wine later joined with with 3 pints of beer
If you say gullible slowly, it sounds like oranges......
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#8  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 11:01

Originally posted by Abster

Last thing I ate was yesterday .........a bottle of wine later joined with with 3 pints of beer

Absterers,

Are you Scottish? (or an nanny?)

I remain (ducking for cover),

Boggars

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
Abster
In a house in leafy Surrey
#9  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 11:02

Originally posted by Boggart

Originally posted by Abster

Last thing I ate was yesterday .........a bottle of wine later joined with with 3 pints of beer

Absterers,

Are you Scottish? (or an nanny?)

I remain (ducking for cover),

Boggars

Nope just plain old English!
If you say gullible slowly, it sounds like oranges......
         Jump to Top
sandgroper61
London
#10  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 11:39
This morning's breakfast consisted of a good latte, excellent freshly squeezed orange juice, and English (two pieces of bacon [non-greasy], one sausage, two eggs, baked beans, four pieces of toast) breakfast. Throw in the cost of my morning paper and the whole lot came to £8.65.

Today is rest from the gym day (five sessions in a row last week) and then work. Tomorrow is going to Lincoln (RAF Waddington) for the air show. I will try to eat healthily. May struggle.

No booze since Tuesday (Spinal Tap) night ...
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

=============================

The difference between a cult and a religion: in a cult, there is someone at the top who knows it's a scam. In a religion, that person is dead.
         Jump to Top
peacethruvandalism
Portsmouth
#12  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 12:03
I'm eating yesterdays food. It was a chicken and cheese salad, then eggfried rice with various veg in, I felt it was a good effort as I'm just trying to finish off whats in the cupboard.
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#13  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 12:16
A sliced banana, some strawberries, raspberries, dates and dried apricots all chopped up, sesame seeds, linseeds, pecan nuts and walnuts with a dusting of "Polen de Portugal", all mixed into yoghurt, half of which is fruits of the forest and the other half is strawberry flavour.

Accompanied by a pint of water and a carton of strawberry and banana smoothie to swig from.
         Jump to Top
peds
Chamonix
#14  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 12:40

Originally posted by mista

A sliced banana, some strawberries, raspberries, dates and dried apricots all chopped up, sesame seeds, linseeds, pecan nuts and walnuts with a dusting of "Polen de Portugal", all mixed into yoghurt, half of which is fruits of the forest and the other half is strawberry flavour.

Accompanied by a pint of water and a carton of strawberry and banana smoothie to swig from.

Dude, that's far too healthy. Stop it.

Half a pineapple.
"Thrill-seeking? Sensation-seeking? What flavour is red? What colour is spice?"
         Jump to Top
SchoffelShuffle
Anywhere and Nowhere
#15  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 12:54
A ham and mustard baguette, a babybel and a packet of salt and vinegar hula hoops.

I *hate* being at work on Saturdays. I hate it.
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#17  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 12:57

Originally posted by techmonkey

Some fried chicken, some gritz, some BBQ chicken, some ribs, a deep fried squirrel burger, some dog and an alligator steak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7VCHj2OSdw
         Jump to Top
arcticmonkey
#18  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 13:02
Just got back from 2 hours at the gym, just drank a juice that I made of carrot, spinach, apple and tomato...all grown in my garden.
Just called me Felicity Kendall.
Burp.
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#19  Re: The "What are you eating right now" Thread...  4 Jul '09 at 13:31

Originally posted by mista

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7VCHj2OSdw

Mistars,

Oooh Ta! the Boggart likes, likes this very much.

I remain,

Boggars

Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort