#21  Re: The debate.  10 Nov '09 at 21:02

Originally posted by techmonkey

Pah. Write your own essay.

Techers loses this thread.
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#23  Re: The debate.  10 Nov '09 at 21:21
Nah, wasn't planning on referencing it, it's just interesting to get lots of different opinions on some things. There are so many backward and forward arguments involved sometimes just writing out arguments like that can help to organise things in your own head too.

What do you reckon about the accountability of NGO'S? They criticise governments for their actions, but then at least the governments are elected, so what gives the NGOs the right to criticise? Yet still many people in the public often believe what an NGO says over what a government says, why?
         Jump to Top
Boggart
Somewhere without a paddle….
#24  Re: The debate.  10 Nov '09 at 22:38

Originally posted by mista

What do you reckon about the accountability of NGO'S? They criticise governments for their actions, but then at least the governments are elected, so what gives the NGOs the right to criticise? Yet still many people in the public often believe what an NGO says over what a government says, why?

Mistars,

One should never cross a hobby horse with a high horse, it produces a very ugly, unstable animal.

I think the public trust the NGO's because the public image is that the people working for them are wholly altruistic, whereas politicians are seen as the exact opposite.

However my view was somewhat changed when I worked on the production for a charity gala for the Red Cross, I had the displeasure of working with some of the full time 'career' employees of that organisation, hypocrite does not go anywhere near describing them.

I remain,

Boggars
Don't squeeze the trigger, if you can't stand the recoil. - Johnny Cash

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#25  Re: The debate.  10 Nov '09 at 22:55
Got any juicy examples you'd care to share?
         Jump to Top
Boggart
Somewhere without a paddle….
#26  Re: The debate.  10 Nov '09 at 23:05
Mistars,

The work I was doing was on a wholly commercial basis for them and not connected with any of the direct good works they carry out helping people.

Without being specific and not wanting to be potentially libellous towards named individuals or the Red Cross themselves. All I am prepared to divulge is that I was shocked by the behaviour and attitude of certain individuals who were full time employees of the Red Cross (and looked liked they made a nice tidy salary as well), in their dealings with me and other suppliers for the event, especially in matters financial.

I remain,

Boggars
Don't squeeze the trigger, if you can't stand the recoil. - Johnny Cash

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
sandgroper61
London
#28  Re: The debate.  11 Nov '09 at 00:01

I used to know an employee of a cancer charity who earnt short of 100k a year. That just seemed immoral somehow.

I've earned short of 100k a year my whole life, including expenses. I thought it was immoral too.

I've also earned short of 90k a year my whole life.

I can carry this on for a bit.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

=============================

The difference between a cult and a religion: in a cult, there is someone at the top who knows it's a scam. In a religion, that person is dead.
         Jump to Top
Unclealbert
Aime/Tignes
#29  Re: The debate.  11 Nov '09 at 00:38

Originally posted by Sandgroper61

I used to know an employee of a cancer charity who earnt short of 100k a year. That just seemed immoral somehow.

I've earned short of 100k a year my whole life, including expenses. I thought it was immoral too.

I've also earned short of 90k a year my whole life.

I can carry this on for a bit.

Not actually working at the moment but I reckon I still make around 100k a year, balloons of guff that is.
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
         Jump to Top
arcticmonkey
#30  Re: The debate.  11 Nov '09 at 13:16

Totally, arsehole!

Oxfam is pretty bad, I never give to them...having many friends who work for them...celebrity liaison officer anyone? They even have a whole group of people soley emplyed to go to festivals etc.
         Jump to Top
Brockwan
Reading
#32  Re: The debate.  12 Nov '09 at 14:51
In a nutshell it means i can go work anywhere in europe at any point in my life and therefore unlimited seasons without having to fill in loadsa paperwork.

apart from that i'm not reallybothered which way it goes.
         Jump to Top
mickworld
London
#33  Re: The debate.  12 Nov '09 at 17:49

Originally posted by Brockwan

In a nutshell it means i can go work anywhere in europe at any point in my life and therefore unlimited seasons without having to fill in loadsa paperwork.

Well, the EU at any rate. Switzerland, for example, is different
         Jump to Top
Brockwan
Reading
#34  Re: The debate.  13 Nov '09 at 12:40

Originally posted by mickworld

Originally posted by Brockwan

Well, the EU at any rate. Switzerland, for example, is different

I can easily live without Switzerland.
         Jump to Top
sonyamorris
#2  Re: The debate.  26 Dec '14 at 11:47
You can write the essay with your own ideas and information.Many resources like internet and custom essay writing service are providing valid essay writing guidelines for the students.
         Jump to Top
northernelevators
#3  Re: The debate.  21 May '15 at 08:44
In reply to mista (Post #13)

Originally posted by mista

Originally posted by musehead

Isn't Turkey almost wholly in Asia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_spanning_more_than_one_continent#Asia_and_Europe

Maybe we should think about letting Ukraine in instead.

I visited Moldova last month, they are very keen to join. EU flags flying everywhere!

The canaries are in the fujihd.net, as is Madeira, Reunion island, Ceuta and Melilla, Guadeloupe and several more. However, Swirtzerland, European Russia and Noway are not "in Europe", can you define the EU by geographical borders?

In the emerging world order we need to kowtow to the states but China is becoming more powerful, Russia's coming back onto the scene and there is talk of Brazil and India becoming economic powerhouses, what about the argument that we need to group Europe together to collectively have a more powefull voice on the world cnsuperpower.com?

you are right...
         Jump to Top
hrsfasf
#4  Re: The debate.  3 Dec '15 at 15:47
I visited Moldova last week, they indeed are very keen to join.
         Jump to Top

< Prev
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet