The Choice Is Hard //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  belgian vince    On:  Fri 4th November, 2005 at 19:46
user206
#39  Re: The Choice Is Hard  5 Nov '05 at 11:48

Originally posted by Jessiilicious

am I being really dense or does it seem a crazy idea to take care of whole of tirol while being in st anton? I guess if you were born in a car then that would be ok. La Plagne has got to be one of the ugliest places I've ever seen. And france has too many french people in. does that help?

Get out the wrong side of bed this morning Jessi?
         Jump to Top
Jessilicious
London
#40  Re: The Choice Is Hard  5 Nov '05 at 11:52
nope always like to slag off the french.

I love this Mark Twain quotation;
"In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their language."

Austria rules. :headbang:
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
         Jump to Top
RidingMountains2
#41  Re: The Choice Is Hard  5 Nov '05 at 12:12

Originally posted by mista

I thought the off-piste was good there and stayed untracked for ages because of the reputation for family skiers hence less gnarly off-pisters going that way...could be wrong...

You are spot on... I did my first season there as a ski host and i can tell you now that there is more than enough pisted and off piste to keep any seasionire happy!
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
just back from australia, already back in austria
#42  Re: The Choice Is Hard  5 Nov '05 at 12:42
great post jess...

nope, the "whole of tirol" doesn't mean they have a chalet/hotel in every town: basically it's some 10 chalets/hotels in the arlberg region, some in the oetztal, some in st.johann, but much is concentrated on arlberg (especially during holidat weeks) - so i guess it's workable. and yep, i was unforatunately born i a car (the one that took my mum to hospital)...

tnx for the esthetic advice on la plagne.

chances are 80% for st.anton i would say and 20% la plagne (skiworld just pays a tiny little bit better). prato nevoso i'v ruled out today, it's too bloody south, lack of snow worries me. just gonna miss kimberley now, she was going there i guess.
"There is no sense of possibility if there is no reality, but I could be wrong of course" - R. Musil
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
#44  Re: The Choice Is Hard  5 Nov '05 at 14:06
hey, no one mentioned marrying a wealthy frenchman like you have done! anyways, belgians are definitely more sexy than french. there's fewer of us too - another advantage.
"There is no sense of possibility if there is no reality, but I could be wrong of course" - R. Musil
         Jump to Top
RidingMountains2
#45  Re: The Choice Is Hard  5 Nov '05 at 14:12

Originally posted by Dinosaur

Originally posted by

france has too many french people in.

Watch it bird, that's my husband you're talking about. If you don't like it, stay at home in the rain.

And soon to be you too!

I concur......Stay in the rain in blighty or stick to the ladehosse wearing Austriaians...coughgermanscough......
         Jump to Top
Jessilicious
London
#47  Re: world travel  5 Nov '05 at 14:52
why do i have to stay at home there's other places to go than france.
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
         Jump to Top
Jessilicious
London
#49  Re: dear francophiles  5 Nov '05 at 15:08
i'm so going to drop this whole thing.
st anton over la plagne is all I have to say on the matter.

to belgian vince;
good luck driving, remember just cos there's no actual sign to say it's 50kph in a village doesn't mean you can't be fined 36euros for not doing it. and be careful at roundabouts, they've only had them 10yrs so some drivers are still getting used to the whole 'look to your left, give way, choose 1 lane only and indicate' malarky.

:date:
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
#50  Re: The Choice Is Hard  5 Nov '05 at 16:52
hey jess,

just as a hint: i've been drivin' around belgium, most of europe and especially austria for 8 years now as a :cowboy: :cowboy: , have been fined numerous times in austria (but hey, after the third time you have drinks with the coppers and they let u go) and just as another hint, we have the same traffic rules in belgium as we do in austria. so on a roundabout, you ALWAYS give way to the one ON the roundabout. last time i was in brighton, i had difficulties too - i admit.

but tnx for your concern! and if you are in stanton this winter, how shall i recognize you? hair colour still the same?

btw: they've raised the fines for drunken driving - last time i had to pay it was still in schilling (2500 - about 250£) and payable only on the spot, now it's gone up to 500€...
         Jump to Top
benpudney
Surrey want to be in the alps
#51  Re: The Choice Is Hard  6 Nov '05 at 02:40
if i had the chice then st anton area. skiing there is awesome. but then enjoyed la plagne as well.... ummmm tough one. i would choose st anton option night life there rocks

pudders
         Jump to Top
Jessilicious
London
#52  Re: The Choice Is Hard  6 Nov '05 at 08:50
BV i think driving advice was more a rant than anything, it looks like you'll be just fine
not going to austria this season, i'm jetting across the atlantic! I spent the summer in oesterreich, by the lake in zell am see but taking care of rauris and the gasteinertal. love love loved it. :favheart:
hope whatever decision you make works out well.
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
#53  Re: The Choice Is Hard  6 Nov '05 at 08:56
hm nice! anyways, have a good time over there! :flagcanada: or :flagus: ?
         Jump to Top
Jessilicious
London
#54  Re: :flagus:  6 Nov '05 at 09:04
america. have passport cos dad's american. please don't kill me.
yanks don't do roundabouts, too complicated so have to have lights designed to run over pedestrians instead. rant over.
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
#55  Re: The Choice Is Hard  6 Nov '05 at 09:22
as my former and sincerely ex-american girlfriend would have said : "cute"!
         Jump to Top
Jessilicious
London
#56  Re: The Choice Is Hard  6 Nov '05 at 09:26
my fave yank word has to be 'crush'; it's almost onomatopoeic . there really is no better description of fancying someone than having a crush. brilliant.
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort