The Choice Is Hard //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  belgian vince    On:  Fri 4th November, 2005 at 19:46
belgian vince
just back from australia, already back in austria
#1  The Choice Is Hard  4 Nov '05 at 19:46
My dear and fellow nativers,

help me choose. I have 3 offers from ski TO's who apparently desperately want Belgian personnel - don't ask me why.

position 1: hotel manager, la plagne, with skiworld
position 2: area manager tirol (everything except zillertal), st.anton, with hourmont total
position 3: resort manager, prato nevoso, with equity

I know I'm a jerk for I'm going to let down two of the three... but such is life.

Additionally, if anyone has worked for hourmont total before, let me know, I've spoken to both former skiworld and equity guys/gals and they seem relatively normal and okay but no-one seems to have worked for hourmont before - although this would be my preferred station (st.anton).

Chatter away!!!

And know that my gratitude knows no boundaries for those who are close to me.
"There is no sense of possibility if there is no reality, but I could be wrong of course" - R. Musil
         Jump to Top
rosiereindeer
Canterbury
#2  Re: la plagne  4 Nov '05 at 20:01
iv never been to la plagne but you must go there BECAUSE ....erm i want you to and i will hunt you down and buy you...beer? also its meant to have a huge ski area which apparently is really good. and ill be there and i really want to meet people out there.btw im neither normal or okay but i am insanely insane and i am a crazy drunk.really selling myself here,right?

yeh so in regards to your question, try somewhere new, ull never know unless you try. thats my theory anyway.
         Jump to Top
Tucker
The Shepherds bush
#4  Re: The Choice Is Hard  4 Nov '05 at 20:51
alright vincy boy, i blabbered a bit in rosies thread...but if you're an expert skier then La plagne isn't really the best of resorts. Ive been there twice and have skied most the resort. There aren't that many blacks, quite a lot of which were closed when i was there!! Then again now that Les Arcs and LA plagne are connected you get 2 resorts for the price of one!!! which part of La plagne is the hotel?? If its Plagne centre then apre is pretty good, but anywhere else is pretty quiet.
Ever notice that people never say "It's only a game" when they're winning?
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#5  Re: The Choice Is Hard  4 Nov '05 at 20:59
I thought the off-piste was good there and stayed untracked for ages because of the reputation for family skiers hence less gnarly off-pisters going that way...could be wrong...
         Jump to Top
Tucker
The Shepherds bush
#6  Re: The Choice Is Hard  4 Nov '05 at 21:02
ye ure prob right. Was def a family orientated resort, and i was there in both december and late march, so the 'fresh powder' was non existent!
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
#7  Re: The Choice Is Hard  4 Nov '05 at 21:08
i'm touched... so what about the employers? anyone? in my case: equity vs skiworld vs hourmont

(my personal pref still being stanton)

btw the hotel is aigle rouge (www.aiglerouge.com) in plagne montalbert.
"There is no sense of possibility if there is no reality, but I could be wrong of course" - R. Musil
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#8  Re: The Choice Is Hard  4 Nov '05 at 21:11

Originally posted by mista

I thought the off-piste was good there and stayed untracked for ages because of the reputation for family skiers hence less gnarly off-pisters going that way...could be wrong...

Should point out this is only second hand cos reading it back it doesn't seem obvious, I've never actually been off piste there...
         Jump to Top
Tucker
The Shepherds bush
#9  Re: The Choice Is Hard  4 Nov '05 at 21:13
ha ha, advice.....DONT go to Montalbert, i went with ten mates from uni and we still had no-where to go!! stayed in most nights. the prob is that it is only at 1250m so can't get to where the nightlife is, and come late march the snow seriously struggles....i should know, my ski's have the holes in them to prove it!!
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#11  Re: The Choice Is Hard  4 Nov '05 at 21:18
I'm guessing since you haven't included pay and accomodation etc.. the packages are similar in this area...
         Jump to Top
highvelocitypenguin
#12  Re: Re: The Choice Is Hard  4 Nov '05 at 21:37

Originally posted by belgian vince

ski TO's who apparently desperately want Belgian personnel

Same reason everyone wants a comedy midget.

Stu.
“Wisdom comes with winters.”
“Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.” - Oscar Wilde
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#13  Re: The Choice Is Hard  4 Nov '05 at 21:58
Right so the brits slag of the french who slag off the belgians who slag off the Dutch...

Who do the Dutch slag off?
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
#15  Re: The Choice Is Hard  4 Nov '05 at 22:32
naah... the dutch slag off the other dutch... that's why there's a dutchman involved in every second barfight in any ski resort all over the world*

*authentic
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
#17  Re: The Choice Is Hard  4 Nov '05 at 22:35
and yes, packages are alike. equity's the only one that won't rent back my car from me, the other ones would or would give me one. equity "is convinced of the necessity of a car in that particular location, but cannot assure you of a equity car running all season"

du-uh! i'm belgian! we are virutally born in cars, we never go anywhere without them (in that respect, we're a bit like the dutch, but then again, we don't have that dutch habit of dragging a caravan behind us everywhere)! no seriously.
         Jump to Top
highvelocitypenguin
#19  Re: The Choice Is Hard  4 Nov '05 at 22:40

Originally posted by mista

Right so the brits slag of the french who slag off the belgians who slag off the Dutch...

Who do the Dutch slag off?

They don't, they're too busy speaking 4 languages and smoking weed.

Stu.
“Wisdom comes with winters.”
“Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.” - Oscar Wilde
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
#20  Re: The Choice Is Hard  4 Nov '05 at 22:40
yeeej! at least one person agreeing. it's so nice to feel as if you were right.

BUT it does interfere with my moules-frites-natives-plan at Cham'. Prob.
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet