Swansea Snow domey thingy //

Author
  Topic Started By:  simalpas    On:  Wed 20th February, 2008 at 19:39
simalpas
Chester
#1  Swansea Snow domey thingy  20 Feb '08 at 19:39
Hey guys, any of you lot living in Swansea? I'm moving there in September, cause my girlfriend has got place at the med school, and I hear rumour that there are plans afoot to build a snow slope.

Now I've heard that they a ripping out the old matting etc and have got the lease for the land but I know nothing else. The last info I can find is from June last year.

As an instructor obviously I'd prefer to be working on a slope rather than a shop selling surf kit then travelling to Cardiff to teach.

So please share any info, and if you feel like it some ninja undercover photos of what's going on (if anything...)

Si
         Jump to Top
tag
Here
#2  Re: Swansea Snow domey thingy  20 Feb '08 at 23:17
I live a couple of miles from swansea,the old dry slope is the site of the supposed new indoor place,they ripped everything out last year(or maybe the year before?)nothing happening at the moment,last i heard was there were some investors from london trying to put something together.stating that people would be drawn to swansea for boarding/skiing and surfing at the new leasure centre with an indoor wave rider thing. the guy who owns it has a travel agency in mumbles.The closest slope to swansea would be pembrey in Llanelli.Loads of surfing though
The lesser of two evils is still evil-Jerry Garcia
         Jump to Top
tag
Here
#3  Re: Swansea Snow domey thingy  24 Feb '08 at 17:17
update http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/wales-news/2008/02/09/taking-wales-tourism-to-a-new-level-91466-20455097/
The lesser of two evils is still evil-Jerry Garcia
         Jump to Top
simalpas
Chester
#4  Re: very good, but still a couple of years off :(  24 Feb '08 at 23:45
Still hoping that they sort themselves out and build one in swansea rather than a hour away!
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere