So, how was it for you??? //

< Prev
Author
  Topic Started By:  WTFH    On:  Thu 18th May, 2006 at 12:25
Wendy
Member Since: 2008
Posts: 2,499
France
#16  Re: So, how was it for you???  5 Jan '09 at 13:55
How can a ski bum be taken advantage of? Apart from sexually?
Life in the French Alps: www.lefrancophoney.com
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Member Since: 2004
Posts: 14,398
Surrey
#17  Re: So, how was it for you???  5 Jan '09 at 13:58

Originally posted by April

How can a ski bum be taken advantage of? Apart from sexually?

They could be forced to post on here.
I post, therefore I am

         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Member Since: 2005
Posts: 4,578
Hirafu, Japan.
#18  Re: So, how was it for you???  5 Jan '09 at 22:40
What an odd place to post that!

I guess they are looking for tales of people being lured out the snow by tales of endless days of pow and then being housed in a dungeon with 40 other slaves and made to clean loads of stuff for low pay!
Anything worth doing is worth getting hurt for

www.jameswinfield.tumblr.com
         Jump to Top
lindos
Member Since: 2005
Posts: 2,492
Godalming, Surrey
#19  Re: So, how was it for you???  6 Jan '09 at 09:16

Originally posted by layzeeboy

What an odd place to post that!

I guess they are looking for tales of people being lured out the snow by tales of endless days of pow and then being housed in a dungeon with 40 other slaves and made to clean loads of stuff for low pay!


Thats how it is isnt it?

Tact is for people not smart enough to be sarcastic!
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Member Since: 2004
Posts: 14,398
Surrey
#20  Re: So, how was it for you???  6 Jan '09 at 09:27

Originally posted by layzeeboy

... tales of people being ... housed in a dungeon with 40 other slaves and made to clean loads of stuff for low pay!

Bliss!

I'm housed in Leeds and made to moderate an internet forum for no pay.

Why won't he write about me?
I post, therefore I am

         Jump to Top
Wendy
Member Since: 2008
Posts: 2,499
France
#21  Re: So, how was it for you???  6 Jan '09 at 09:35
But a ski bum doesn't have to work! And if you get a bit short of cash, well, everyone feels sorry for you and gives you leftovers and freebies, and you're always being offered work when someone drops out from somewhere or a private company realises they don't have enough time to clean on changeover day with their existing staff etc. The job offers just keep on coming.

Maybe fellow bums could take advantage of your floorspace...?
Life in the French Alps: www.lefrancophoney.com
         Jump to Top
lindos
Member Since: 2005
Posts: 2,492
Godalming, Surrey
#22  Re: So, how was it for you???  6 Jan '09 at 09:35

Originally posted by WTFH

Originally posted by layzeeboy

... tales of people being ... housed in a dungeon with 40 other slaves and made to clean loads of stuff for low pay!

Bliss!

I'm housed in Leeds and made to moderate an internet forum for no pay.

Why won't he write about me?

Now that he knows how hard your life is he may well do!!

Foxy Internet Slave Shocker! Front page stuff.
Tact is for people not smart enough to be sarcastic!
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Member Since: 2005
Posts: 4,578
Hirafu, Japan.
#23  Re: So, how was it for you???  6 Jan '09 at 09:58

Originally posted by April

But a ski bum doesn't have to work! And if you get a bit short of cash, well, everyone feels sorry for you and gives you leftovers and freebies, and you're always being offered work when someone drops out from somewhere or a private company realises they don't have enough time to clean on changeover day with their existing staff etc. The job offers just keep on coming.

Maybe fellow bums could take advantage of your floorspace...?

I think maybe they mean 'ski bum' as anyone who spends their winters in the snow, rather than the specific 'bum' element who has no job. A lot of people outside the ski world think that way. Some friends call me a ski bum and I worked 48 hours the other week!
Anything worth doing is worth getting hurt for

www.jameswinfield.tumblr.com
         Jump to Top
Wendy
Member Since: 2008
Posts: 2,499
France
#24  Re: So, how was it for you???  6 Jan '09 at 10:04
Ah, so not really a ski bum at all. Just someone who loves snow. I see....it makes sense in that respect now. Seems a bit inaccurate.
Life in the French Alps: www.lefrancophoney.com
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Member Since: 2005
Posts: 4,578
Hirafu, Japan.
#25  Re: So, how was it for you???  6 Jan '09 at 11:06

Originally posted by April

Ah, so not really a ski bum at all. Just someone who loves snow. I see....it makes sense in that respect now. Seems a bit inaccurate.

Well, skibumwriter apparently doesn't know the difference between a semi-colon and an apostrophe, or how to create their own thread in a visible part of the forum, so you can't expect too much!
Anything worth doing is worth getting hurt for

www.jameswinfield.tumblr.com
         Jump to Top
endlesssummer
Member Since: 2005
Posts: 1,026
UK
#26  Re: Re: raw deal for ski bums?  6 Jan '09 at 11:28

Originally posted by skibumwriter

Hi,
I am writing about employment in ski resorts. I am looking to speak to people who have had a rough time with regards to pay/accommodation etc etc.
You don;t have to identify your emplyer.
Do you know any ski bums who feel they are being taken advantage of?
If so please contact me. I can call you or just email if you prefer.
Thanks a lot[/quote:fdf240e1cd]

[quote:fdf240e1cd]Hi all,
I'm a journalist writing about the way ski resort staff are treated and am trying to find people who are working / have worked as chalet hosts, ski hosts etc... I realise most people have an amazing time but it does seem unfair that staff are paid so badly for so many hours, and apparently some companies are particularly bad to work for...
Any help/stories/advice would be very much appreciated!
Cheers,
Clare

These two posts seem remarkably similar?? Paddy???
"When they kick at your front door how you gonna come?"
         Jump to Top
Wendy
Member Since: 2008
Posts: 2,499
France
#27  Re: So, how was it for you???  6 Jan '09 at 11:30
Indeedy!
Life in the French Alps: www.lefrancophoney.com
         Jump to Top
lindos
Member Since: 2005
Posts: 2,492
Godalming, Surrey
#28  Re: Re: raw deal for ski bums?  6 Jan '09 at 11:30

Originally posted by endlesssummer

Originally posted by skibumwriter

Hi,
I am writing about employment in ski resorts. I am looking to speak to people who have had a rough time with regards to pay/accommodation etc etc.
You don;t have to identify your emplyer.
Do you know any ski bums who feel they are being taken advantage of?
If so please contact me. I can call you or just email if you prefer.
Thanks a lot[/quote:0f0d548c64]

[quote:0f0d548c64]Hi all,
I'm a journalist writing about the way ski resort staff are treated and am trying to find people who are working / have worked as chalet hosts, ski hosts etc... I realise most people have an amazing time but it does seem unfair that staff are paid so badly for so many hours, and apparently some companies are particularly bad to work for...
Any help/stories/advice would be very much appreciated!
Cheers,
Clare

These two posts seem remarkably similar?? Paddy???

Too polite for Paddy!!
Tact is for people not smart enough to be sarcastic!
         Jump to Top

< Prev
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet
- Skishop job in Val Thorens