Snowboard jobs in the summer? //

Author
  Topic Started By:  pokersmidge    On:  Mon 22nd December, 2008 at 13:31
pokersmidge
innsbruck austria
#1  Snowboard jobs in the summer?  22 Dec '08 at 13:31
I know its early to be asking about jobs for the summer already but does anbody have experience of southern hemisphere ski jobs say new zealand austria etc, i'm hoping to get some thing where i just have to show up at the airport and its a package deal, any ideas, help,sugestions much appreciated thanks again.
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#2  Re: Re: Snowboard jobs in the summer?  22 Dec '08 at 14:06

Originally posted by pokersmidge

I know its early to be asking about jobs for the summer already but does anbody have experience of southern hemisphere ski jobs say new zealand austria etc, i'm hoping to get some thing where i just have to show up at the airport and its a package deal, any ideas, help,sugestions much appreciated thanks again.

*Sighs* Firstly, Austria is the northern hemisphere. Second, that sort of situation doesn't really exist. You have to fly there and get a job. Search the forums and info pages on NZ and you will find lots of helpful stuff (far more helpful than me right now!)
Anything worth doing is worth getting hurt for

www.jameswinfield.tumblr.com
         Jump to Top
eldubbug
#3  Re: Re: Snowboard jobs in the summer?  22 Dec '08 at 15:55

Originally posted by layzeeboy

Originally posted by pokersmidge

*Sighs* Firstly, Austria is the northern hemisphere. Second, that sort of situation doesn't really exist. You have to fly there and get a job. Search the forums and info pages on NZ and you will find lots of helpful stuff (far more helpful than me right now!)

Although it does have glaciers...
         Jump to Top
mickworld
London
#4  Re: Snowboard jobs in the summer?  22 Dec '08 at 18:08
Being fair, pokersmidge may have meant to type Australia rather than Austria.

There are no jobs along the lines that you are after - you can either try and get a job in advance (difficult unless you have already worked in the resort I believe) or get to the resort of your choice as early as you can (June) and be prepared to apply to dozens of bars/shops etc
         Jump to Top
Wendy
France
#5  Re: Snowboard jobs in the summer?  23 Dec '08 at 08:10

Originally posted by mickworld

Being fair, pokersmidge may have meant to type Australia rather than Austria.

There are no jobs along the lines that you are after - you can either try and get a job in advance (difficult unless you have already worked in the resort I believe) or get to the resort of your choice as early as you can (June) and be prepared to apply to dozens of bars/shops etc

Yes, I'm guessing he meant Australia (only coz I remember seeing t-shirts in Austria that said "NO KANGAROOS HERE" - apparently lots of tourists going to Austria think they will see kangaroos).

Resorts in Aus usually open on Queen's Birthday weekend, which is around 10th June. You would need to have a visa to work in Australia (or NZ I guess - I don't know about the NZ rules), and also be aware that Australia doesn't really do the chalet hosting thing: we look after ourselves in a ski lodge in general. So those jobs are pretty much ruled out.
Life in the French Alps: www.lefrancophoney.com
         Jump to Top
pokersmidge
innsbruck austria
#6  Re: Snowboard jobs in the summer?  28 Dec '08 at 17:38
Hey Guys cheers for all the info but i did mean to write Australia, i'm in Austria at the moment and had it on the brain, I have applied for the work permit and guess i might just have to take the flight and ask around when i get there, anybody been there where is my best place for everything i need. cheap accomadation, good nightlife,great slopes etc, its not much to ask.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet
- Skishop job in Val Thorens