Snow-line? //

Author
  Topic Started By:  dfk129    On:  Thu 25th August, 2005 at 17:51
dfk129
Leeds
#1  Snow-line?  25 Aug '05 at 17:51
I might be doing a season with snow line as a chalet host in Morzine. Anyone got any experience of them, what they like, what they pay, how hard they work you, whats the acomadation like, any internet connection, etc
         Jump to Top
shortstuff
Val d'Isere, Spain and UK
#2  Re: Snow-line?  25 Aug '05 at 17:56
Snowline Rock,

You will have a great season if you go with them, they dont work you any harder than any other company, as long as you get on and do the work you get a shed load of time on the hill, and you get the added touch of actually meeting the boss and not just being a number on the payroll
ss
         Jump to Top
SmallBlackDog
Scotland
#3  Re: Snow-line?  25 Aug '05 at 18:41
And here I just thought snowline was a brilliant bike/snowboard shop in Morgins, Switzerland.
Small Black Dog
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#4  Re: Snow-line?  25 Aug '05 at 21:21
Shortstuff has it correct - go for it. Morzine great resort and Snowline good fair company with good staff, good reputation and potential good tips. All their chalets in Morzine are nice - would be a great season!!!!!
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#5  Re: Snow-line?  25 Aug '05 at 21:22
(PS snowline is the tour op, Snow-Line is a ski agent!!!!)

(just being particular now!!!!)
         Jump to Top
Snowhappy
Anywhere & Everywhere
#6  Re: Snow-line?  26 Aug '05 at 09:28
Sounds like snowline are a good company to work for, though only thing is I've heard that they pay their chalet hosts £70 a week which isn't the best pay compared with some other companies...though with snowline you won't have to worry about budgets and menus as this is the resort manager's responsibility, which is why they pay you less...so it could be good if you want a stress free season. But I have also heard that they give you a full pass in some resorts which a lot of other companies don't...so that's a bonus!

Morzine is a really fun place to do a season though...lots to do apres ski wise and the porte de soleil is a really good ski area...
Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow
         Jump to Top
waitingforwinter
#7  Re: Snow-line?  26 Aug '05 at 09:32
£70 is not much less than a lot of other operators - you could do a lot worse
Genius is an infinite ability to take pain
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#8  Re: Snow-line?  26 Aug '05 at 09:35
Snow-happy's right - they have a set menu so you do exactly what they tell you, and its not VERY complicated - just get it practised in the first few weeks and you will be zooming through it and out on the hill in v quick time.....

NOt sure about Morzine pass - guess you would get a whole portes du soleil, but in VLD, think you can now only get an Espace Killy pass - don't think just VLD or just Tignes is going to exist this season.
         Jump to Top
Snowhappy
Anywhere & Everywhere
#9  Re: Snow-line?  26 Aug '05 at 09:49
Like I said £70 isn't too bad as you don't have to do budgets and menus etc, but on looking around at other companies I've just found that some pay more...and I mean from £80 to £130+ and I'm not even talking about luxury chalets...so all I mean by that is it depends on what you're looking for...like if you enjoy cooking then maybe you'd like to experiment with you're own menus and get paid more for it...and again this doens't mean you get less time on the mountain because you can make a one week menu and just do that all season.

If you're working to a planned menu then as Rodent says you'll get faster and faster as weeks go by so you get more time on the mountain.
Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow
         Jump to Top
shortstuff
Val d'Isere, Spain and UK
#10  Re: Snow-line?  26 Aug '05 at 18:03
i know the pay isnt much but i used to earn between 150-300 euros a week tip just depends on how well you get on with the guests and the job
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet
- Skishop job in Val Thorens