Slumdog Seasonnaire Crisis //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Belle de Neige    On:  Wed 9th October, 2013 at 19:11
Belle de Neige
#1  Slumdog Seasonnaire Crisis  9 Oct '13 at 19:11
Dear Jo

Back in 2009 I had a mid twenties crisis because I was engaged to a psychotic b*stard and then my best friend died so I freaked out completely, stuck two fingers up at the tube and sold my ass for a ski pass. I had 3 seasons of bliss, skiing and fun. I made some of the most important friendships I've ever had and completely turned my life around, became a stronger person and - icing on the cake - learned how to ski powder.

But now I find myself back at a desk in the city trying to be a good girl, toe the line and earn some actual money. It's really nice not being skint all the time. However today I received an email from the boss at my old chalet offering me my old job back and now I'm having a serious mental crisis. Staring down the barrel of a winter in London, sitting at a desk day in day out, tapping away on a computer keyboard losing the will to live... the idea of chucking it in and heading for the alps is oh so tempting.... What should I do!????

Yours in crisis

Belle de Neige
Chalet Girl. Up Mountain. Bringing you tales of catastrophe, sex and squalor from the Alpine Underbelly

BLOG: http://belledeneige.blogspot.co.uk/
         Jump to Top
begede
#3  Re: Slumdog Seasonnaire Crisis  9 Oct '13 at 23:09
Dear BDN'ers

I have always been a believer in the saying if at first you dont suck seed try and try again or as the judicial enforcement officers in America like to say 3 strikes and your out. So as you have now tried 3 seasons and no doubt been stricken with the seasonaire lifestyle it is nigh on time you stopped. Well it is Stoptober or whatever they are calling it after all.
Think of all the things you have to look forward to working in an office
- a regular paycheck, possibly with a pension plan and holiday pay to boot followed by discussions around the coffee machine of having no money left with your colleagues as they gloat on the new curtains they bought at the weekend for 800 pounds as you inwardly shudder at how many jagers (goggles, skis, helmets, abs, more jagers) that would have bought.
- regular grown up friends, you know the ones you have to book at least 2 weeks in advance and even then they will have to pencil you into their diary as opposed to the ones you can drunkenly turn up on their doorstep at 2am seeking shelter because you missed the last bus, have no taxi money, are too drunk to walk or failed to pull.
- civilised drinking, no more will every beer (or wine) be accompanied by a shot.
- work socials, coming to realise that after 3 years of sharing a desk with a colleague you still know less about them than your favourate lifty.
Bectoria wrote Bwahahahaha post of the day. Post of the week!! Awesome.
Boggart wrote One of the funniest replies for months...well done!

-You can only be young once. But, you can always be immature.
-Just when you realize life’s a b1tch, it has puppies.
         Jump to Top
begede
#5  Re: Slumdog Seasonnaire Crisis  10 Oct '13 at 09:24
more things to look forward to
- standing on the tube, closing your eyes and pretending the vibrations as the train moves are skiing or snowboarding and trying to keep your balance without holding on.

Jump to Top
begede
#7  Re: Slumdog Seasonnaire Crisis  10 Oct '13 at 11:37
- when you go on your ski/summer holiday being able to say to your rep "when are you going to get a proper job"
- "when I ran a chalet we would never......."

- walking in to posh London bars and thinking if I was wearing this outfit in a ski resort I would be the smartest person here and the opposite applying.
- partying in London's alpine theme bars and paying more for 2 jagers than you would for an entire night out in the local resort's ski bum dive.
- partying in London and still being sober at the end of the night having spent 2 weeks resort wages.

Jump to Top
begede
#9  Re: Slumdog Seasonnaire Crisis  10 Oct '13 at 13:56
- family christmas and the wizard of Oz instead of jagers and the Blizzard of aahhs
- parental gloating about how your job in ..... in..... for .... as though you are md of...., little do they realise md of filing and tea making.
- well meaning gibes about settling down that might lead to a sooner than planned appearance on the nine o clock news but not for the reasons you had ever planned.
Edited 10/10/2013 @ 13:59 Revision #1

Jump to Top
begede
#11  Re: Slumdog Seasonnaire Crisis  10 Oct '13 at 14:20
In reply to Dinosaur (Post #10)

Originally posted by Dinosaur

Total silence on her part suggests that she has already packed and is legging it to Dover as if the entire population of hell was on her tail.

Or has been kidnapped by the yeti and is being forced to watch powderwhite training videos until this urge fades away along with the will to breathe.

- being able to name at least one song in the uk top 10 in the last month
- knowing which contestant was voted off strictly x pop talent voice idol that week
Edited 10/10/2013 @ 14:23 Revision #1

Jump to Top
SHARKTICUS
Harpenden
#12  Re: Slumdog Seasonnaire Crisis  10 Oct '13 at 14:27
I for one work in London, take the tube etc and have pretty much come across everything that you guys listed! Another reason why I can't wait to start this season already!

Belle, I think if you were ready to settle and work in London from now on, you wouldn't even be asking.....
         Jump to Top
begede
#13  Re: Slumdog Seasonnaire Crisis  10 Oct '13 at 14:46
In reply to SHARKTICUS (Post #12)

Originally posted by SHARKTICUS

I for one work in London, take the tube etc and have pretty much come across everything that you guys listed! Another reason why I can't wait to start this season already!

Now why would you want to go and do a season when there are so many good reasons not to.... would you also smoke cigarettes, eat high fat foods and binge drink... hmmm

Jump to Top
SHARKTICUS
Harpenden
#14  Re: Slumdog Seasonnaire Crisis  10 Oct '13 at 15:17
In reply to begede (Post #13)
Absolutely!
         Jump to Top
begede
#15  Re: Slumdog Seasonnaire Crisis  10 Oct '13 at 19:07
In reply to SHARKTICUS (Post #14)
If I added to my list... engage in drunken sexual encounters running the risk of catching a multitude of diseases and the psychological emotional turmoil would that sway your answer Sharkers..... Thought not.

More things to look forward to
- not having to deal with reps and managers who think they are wielding the power of Simon Cowell at a kareoke competition.
- not having to deal with UK office personnel who think they know everything about everything after their one season as a chalet cleaner in a club hotel.
- avoiding gap yah'rers
Edited 10/10/2013 @ 19:08 Revision #1

Jump to Top
begede
#16  Re: Slumdog Seasonnaire Crisis  3 Nov '13 at 09:48

Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet
- Skishop job in Val Thorens