Skibound/First Choice in Alpe D'Huez.. //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Razi    On:  Fri 4th November, 2005 at 12:19
Razi
Brighton/France
#1  Skibound/First Choice in Alpe D'Huez..  4 Nov '05 at 12:19
'ello

Just figured I'd introduce myself and try and pick up some tips! I applied with First Choice to be a Chalet Assistant, but after telling them of my desire to get into teaching (which fails due to my unwillingness to actually do a 4yr uni course), I've been given a job working for Skibound as a General Assistant.

I've requested to be placed in Alpe D'Huez but haven't had confirmation yet as to when/where I'm going to be placed. I've skiied for about 9 years (24 now) and am determined to work on my boarding - so I've nabbed myself a Burton board from eBay for £100.

Just wondered if anyone else on Natives was heading over to Alpe D'Huez, or if anyone had done a season with Skibound looking after the school trips? I can imagine that it's going to be fairly hectic, but probably a lot of fun. Anything I should know?
         Jump to Top
Andrew87
Edinburgh
#3  Re: Skibound/First Choice in Alpe D'Huez..  4 Nov '05 at 18:47
Hey,
Im also working for First Choice as a General Assistant. Hopefully working in alpe dhuez, allthough have been told its gona be hard work with all the kids. Should be a fun tho. Dont really no what to expect either. Piste map looks prety good tho. Cant wait to go down La Sarenne . 16 km black run!!!
         Jump to Top
Razi
Brighton/France
#5  Re: Skibound/First Choice in Alpe D'Huez..  5 Nov '05 at 12:10
Getting quite excited now - good to see someone else is heading over there with First Choice, possibly! I skiied La Sarenne about 3 years ago and, apart from the moguls at the very top, it was pretty easy going. I went back this year but bad weather meant that the lift right to the top was closed all week long - really wanted to experience the tunnel.

Alpe D'Huez has really good, varied skiing. The main slope down the DMC in the centre is perfect for beginners (spent a couple of days trying to learn to board down there this year) and there's great skiing all over the place, especially on the other side of the 'scare chair'. Really hope that they put me over there!

I have a friend who worked a couple of seasons as a souz chef at the BA, but absolutely loved it. His enthusiasm for his time out there was a huge factor for me wanting to go out and do it.
         Jump to Top
baglady
#6  Re: Skibound/First Choice in Alpe D'Huez..  7 Nov '05 at 12:29
Skibound in AlpeD'Huez means the Hotel Belle Aurore, fairly hard work but you'll have a great time, French hotel manager this year I think.
         Jump to Top
baglady
#8  Re: Skibound/First Choice in Alpe D'Huez..  8 Nov '05 at 10:36
Just Thierry so not weird- and he knows what he's doing! Quick poach him someone they are few and far between!
         Jump to Top
rosiereindeer
Canterbury
#9  Re: Skibound/First Choice in Alpe D'Huez..  8 Nov '05 at 14:27
i went on a school ski trip with skibound in alpe d'huez and i have to say its the best place iv ever been skiing to,the clubs are pretty good,but theres pretty much everything inside the resort that you could possibly need.wish i was going there....good luck though
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort