Ski/Snowboard shops in Central London.... //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Eddies    On:  Wed 31st August, 2005 at 13:28
Eddies
#1  Ski/Snowboard shops in Central London....  31 Aug '05 at 13:28
Anyone recommend any?

I know of TSA on the Strand, 47degrees in Putney/Fulham, but are there any other good stores you'd recommend?
         Jump to Top
*~Larry~*
Bern, Switzerland
#2  Re: Ski/Snowboard shops in Central London....  31 Aug '05 at 13:42
Depends what your after...

There's a Snow & Rock and Blacks in both High Street Ken and Covent Garden......

If your on this site, which means you have net access, why don't you google it.....
EVERY TIME GRIFF GETS IN HIS HOT TUB - GOD KILLS A KITTEN.

TRUE STORY.
         Jump to Top
Eddies
#3  Re: Ski/Snowboard shops in Central London....  31 Aug '05 at 13:48

Originally posted by *~Larry~*

Depends what your after...

There's a Snow & Rock and Blacks in both High Street Ken and Covent Garden......

If your on this site, which means you have net access, why don't you google it.....

Cheers... forgot about Snow and Rock... theres one in Holborn aswell I think.

Yeah... googled it, but it came up with not much.... just loads of web based shops, as well as Ellis Brigham/Tsa and 47degrees.... not much else unfortunately Often some of the best shops are ones people recommend.
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#4  Re: Ski/Snowboard shops in Central London....  31 Aug '05 at 14:09
If you want boots fitted, go to Profeet - I thing they're in Chelsea.
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#5  Re: Ski/Snowboard shops in Central London....  31 Aug '05 at 14:10
Depends on what you are looking for - different places are better for different things...........
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#6  Re: Ski/Snowboard shops in Central London....  31 Aug '05 at 14:14
If you're doing a season I would reccommend getting stuff out there...
         Jump to Top
Eddies
#7  Re: Ski/Snowboard shops in Central London....  31 Aug '05 at 14:16
Cheers all

Just after a new jacket, maybe a few other bits today.... phoned 47degrees and they have 40% off (only today mind..... back to full prices tomorrow ) and a fair few in stock, so will just chip down there in a bit.
         Jump to Top
Eddies
#8  Re: Ski/Snowboard shops in Central London....  31 Aug '05 at 14:18

Originally posted by mista

If you're doing a season I would reccommend getting stuff out there...

I'll prob get a new board/bindings out there..... but just trying to grab a few bits here and there while I've still got a proper income, and some cash in my pocket
         Jump to Top
Bags
London
#9  Re: Ski/Snowboard shops in Central London....  31 Aug '05 at 15:23

Originally posted by Eddies

Just after a new jacket, maybe a few other bits today.... phoned 47degrees and they have 40% off (only today mind..... back to full prices tomorrow ) and a fair few in stock, so will just chip down there in a bit.

If you can be bothered, it's worth going to Snow + Rock or Ellis Brigham to check out the range (Covent Garden is S+R's flagship store so it's huuuuge!), then once you find what you're after seeing if you can get it for cheaper on the net!

Personally I'd head for Covent Garden and grab a sales rep in S+R - they're trained to find out exactly what you need and then ramble on about why Jacket X is perfect for you. It's expensivo but then ski stuff is...

PS It's probably best to go when it's not too busy, then they can give you their full attention!

PPS If you're wondering about prices, then Ellis Brigham tend to price all their stuff at £x.95 whereas S+R round up to the pound, so shopping at EB generally saves you 5p. Woohoo! S+R sales assistants are better though.
"I am a very good skier...in my mind. However, video evidence suggests that I'm rubbish. I look like a bus driver in a primary-coloured anorak, sitting on an imaginary lavatory. Also I can only turn right. So to mask my embarrassment, and the pain in my thighs, I ski only when very drunk. I can recommend this wholeheartedly." Jeremy Clarkson
         Jump to Top
Eddies
#10  Re: Ski/Snowboard shops in Central London....  31 Aug '05 at 15:28

Originally posted by Bags

If you can be bothered, it's worth going to Snow + Rock or Ellis Brigham to check out the range (Covent Garden is S+R's flagship store so it's huuuuge!), then once you find what you're after seeing if you can get it for cheaper on the net!

Personally I'd head for Covent Garden and grab a sales rep in S+R - they're trained to find out exactly what you need and then ramble on about why Jacket X is perfect for you. It's expensivo but then ski stuff is...

PS It's probably best to go when it's not too busy, then they can give you their full attention!

PPS If you're wondering about prices, then Ellis Brigham tend to price all their stuff at £x.95 whereas S+R round up to the pound, so shopping at EB generally saves you 5p. Woohoo! S+R sales assistants are better though.

Thanks, I'll head down there in a bit
         Jump to Top
drifter
NFA
#11  Re: Ski/Snowboard shops in Central London....  31 Aug '05 at 19:56
[quote="Bags"]

: S+R sales assistants are better though.

Bags, did you used to work at S+R? Do you think that influences your opinions of the staff??
         Jump to Top
Bags
London
#12  Re: Ski/Snowboard shops in Central London....  31 Aug '05 at 21:31

Originally posted by drifter

Bags, did you used to work at S+R?[/quote:68fe288026]

It's a possibility.

[quote:68fe288026="drifter"]Do you think that influences your opinions of the staff??

Never. I remain impartial and free from prejudice as always.
"I am a very good skier...in my mind. However, video evidence suggests that I'm rubbish. I look like a bus driver in a primary-coloured anorak, sitting on an imaginary lavatory. Also I can only turn right. So to mask my embarrassment, and the pain in my thighs, I ski only when very drunk. I can recommend this wholeheartedly." Jeremy Clarkson
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet
- Skishop job in Val Thorens