Ski Olympic Ski Season //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  jemmam    On:  Tue 20th September, 2005 at 08:46
benpudney
Surrey want to be in the alps
#46  Re: Ski Olympic Ski Season  31 Oct '05 at 15:57
hey im sure ski olympic tell you whether your on the coach or flying. i have no idea being its my first season as well. amyl might know, or loulou when there about. or dan686 and geekychick.

ask them i have no idea. but the coach will be fun get to meet everyone. and the plane has less storage, but a hell of alot quicker

pudders
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#47  Re: Ski Olympic Ski Season  31 Oct '05 at 16:30
Think most people but management types and ski hosts get offered the coach but can also make there own way there. I would defo go for the coach especially if its your first season and you don't really know anyone. To be fair it does smell bad by about watford gap but you get the chance to chat to everyone and its a lot less scary then to arrive at training because by that point you will have some buddies!!
Plus you wont get stung for excess baggage as you would on a plane!
         Jump to Top
vivalasvegas
Alps
#48  Re: Ski Olympic Ski Season  31 Oct '05 at 17:03
yeah AmyL has it right... the coach can be a great chance to meet people and is more of a festive beginning to the season, unless you're the type of person that prefers a little peace and quiet...

the other problem is that (unless you have been offered a flight out by the company) if you fly yourself to geneva or lyon you'll also have to make your own way to the resort which involves a few hours on a train and/or bus, so its actually not massively more convenient.
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#49  Re: Ski Olympic Ski Season  31 Oct '05 at 18:54
Ha ha
Whats that man licking??!
         Jump to Top
vivalasvegas
Alps
#50  Re: Ski Olympic Ski Season  31 Oct '05 at 19:21

Originally posted by AmyL

Whats that man licking??!

"that man" is peter griffin...

and no, that's not his wang.
         Jump to Top
hadlf102
canterbury, then france!!
#51  Re: coach  31 Oct '05 at 20:39
well glad to hear the coach journey is a bit of a chin wag session, although am getting on at folkestone so not so looking forward to the smell!
         Jump to Top
lady ski-moore
#52  Re: Ski Olympic Ski Season  1 Nov '05 at 07:35
(thanks for the comments - and the odd licking man !)...well that's that then, the coach it is...and to all of you also going on the 13th - see you when i get on at Leicester!

...just another thing, as a first time boarder - should i buy boots or board or bindngs before i go or will the resorts offer plenty of stuff?
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
God's own county/Tignes/South America/North America/Australasia/Asia/Africa
#53  Re: Ski Olympic Ski Season  1 Nov '05 at 07:57

Originally posted by lady ski-moore

(thanks for the comments - and the odd licking man !)...well that's that then, the coach it is...and to all of you also going on the 13th - see you when i get on at Leicester!

...just another thing, as a first time boarder - should i buy boots or board or bindngs before i go or will the resorts offer plenty of stuff?

Wait 'til you get there. You can try before you buy, and hopefully get a decent price.
Also note that early season the snow can be thin, so you may be better off with a hire board until the rocks get buried.
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#54  Re: Ski Olympic Ski Season  1 Nov '05 at 09:58
yes well am slightly envious of you all going on the coach. could do with a good knees up and chin wag on a coach. although am glad im flying couldn't do with 8 hours+ on a coach
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#55  Re: Ski Olympic Ski Season  1 Nov '05 at 10:48
so dan686,

whats it like over in sunny france at the moment. any sight of snow there yet.

just wondering

pudders
         Jump to Top
Tedlena
Lovely leafy Surrey...Woo Hoo : (
#56  Re: Ski Olympic Ski Season  10 Nov '05 at 17:31
Hey Guys I'm also doing my first season with Ski Olympic leaving on 6th Dec CAN'T WAIT(although will be one of the last people to get on the coach @ Maidstone so bit nervous)!!!

I'm also going to be a chalet biatch for the season but as long as there is snow ouside i will work like a dog!!! Its cool reading your posts as haven't spoken to anyone who is working for/has worked for Ski O b4, I just kinda liked their website so I went for it! Having read some of your posts they sound like an OK company to work for.

WOOH HOOO BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Elena
Live to have fun or die trying ...
         Jump to Top
sam D
Staffordshire
#57  Re: Ski Olympic Ski Season  11 Nov '05 at 09:00
Heya Elena

Yeah v excited about it now too, getting closer, i've got to wait an extra week tho... i don't go out until the 13th december! Rubbish! Where are you hoping to work then?
         Jump to Top
Tedlena
Lovely leafy Surrey...Woo Hoo : (
#58  Re: Ski Olympic Ski Season  11 Nov '05 at 09:03
OOooh not sure yet. I'm thinking Tignes because my ex ski club from uni is doin a massive trip there in Jan and my bro is repping out there BUT everywhere sounds great so not too fussy. I am a fan of les Arcs too but I'll have to wait and see.

Where u hoping for?

:P
Live to have fun or die trying ...
         Jump to Top
sam D
Staffordshire
#59  Re: Ski Olympic Ski Season  11 Nov '05 at 09:11
Not really sure yet, had also thought of Tignes, Val D and Les Arcs, and Courchevel and Meribel. Gonna have an amazing time anywhere i reckon, i just want to go already! I've been told Les Arcs is pretty good for boarding, i've never been to the Alps (or boarded on real snow for that matter!) so i haven't got a clue what to expect but i'm looking forward to it anyway!
Yeah it would be sweet i reckon if you know a couple of people out in a resort, i've got friends going to Val D and Courchevel, but all the resorts are pretty close anyway so visiting people should be easy enough!
         Jump to Top
hadlf102
canterbury, then france!!
#60  Re: excited!  11 Nov '05 at 12:34
hey me working work in tignes too! am getting such itchy feet cos am going out on 13th too, week and more after most peeps!some are even going out like now!so jealous
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet