Ski Olympians //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  benpudney    On:  Mon 14th November, 2005 at 14:07
johnny_no_ski
Nottingham
#61  Re: Ski Olympians  21 Nov '05 at 15:12
You're a little suspicious aren't you??? ;-) I didn't choose anywhere...I was allocated to here as this is where the only bar vacancy happened to be...sounds as though I have fallen on my feet though...a busy resort with lots to do and thus far I am the only guy!!! So you gonna tell me a bit bout yourself or what then? - oh yeah, are you on the 6th Dec Coach like me?
We're here for a good time, not a long time - So let's get smashed!
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#62  Re: Ski Olympians  21 Nov '05 at 15:26
I am very suspicious - well nosy to be more precise!!!
It is a wicked resort you will have the best time!
I am getting ont he coach on the 6th at Leeds - its a bloody long trek there! Will have been on it about 7 hours before it even gets to Dover!
You getting on at Leicester?
         Jump to Top
johnny_no_ski
Nottingham
#63  Re: Ski Olympians  21 Nov '05 at 15:45
7 hrs?!? Chin Up ;-)

No I am gonna get on a little North of Leicester @ Trowell Services...only 3 miles from where I live!!! If you are determined to play the mysterioso and not tell me some details i.e. age (whoops its rude to ask a ladies age!!!), hobbies, music likes/dislikes, food likes/dislikes, etc. At least tell me why you chose to temporarily emigrate this Winter?

Also...I am well into the UK dance scene..I know I am not gonna find Godskitchen or Gatecrasher out in the Alps but is there gonna be anywhere I can lose myself and dance the night away to some Funky House/House/Trance?

On emore thing....are there any Gym's in Courchevel? if not (with the exception of skiing/snowboarding) what alternative activities are seasonal workers expected to perform in order to work up a sweat??!!?? - Get your thoughts from out the gutter???
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#64  Re: Ski Olympians  21 Nov '05 at 15:52
Ok I am 24 - into dance music too (did you go to Global gathering this year??!!). decided to do a season last year cos i went straight into a real job after uni and got scared that that was it and that I could stay there working up the old career ladder and all that so I just bailed out for 6 months with the idea of doing a bit of travelling etc and going back one day. So back this season as loved last year so much!!!
Erm what else......Im a skiier but want to give snow boarding a try, like a drink (quite a lot really!) and a smoke and i hate pineapple urgh makes me shiver just thinking of it!
Out in the alps there is nothing on the scale of clubs here in UK but you should be able to get your fix of music - and of course you can always play it in the bar your working in - speard the word and all that!
         Jump to Top
johnny_no_ski
Nottingham
#65  Re: Ski Olympians  21 Nov '05 at 16:23
Soulmate!

I am 22 and graduated from Uni in 2004 - I have been in my first career job for the last 9 months and I too am running scared...there is no chance I am ready to grow old sat at a desk - there's too much life left in me yet!

Yeah went to Global Gathering and had the time of my life ...and I also attended the more recent; Fabulous (in Newcastle) what about you...did you manage to attend either??? What did you think???

Perhaps through spreading the word and playing the right tunes in the bars/clubs we can together turn Courchevel into a snow covered Ibiza of the Winter...LOL
         Jump to Top
benpudney
Surrey want to be in the alps
#66  Re: Ski Olympians  21 Nov '05 at 19:40
how about lets not turn courchevel into the snow covered ibiza. in sure mayahofen is already that.

well nice to see anyother bloke going this year with ski olympic. it seems johnny we have all the ladies to ourselves.

unfortunatly i will not be on the coach as am flying out on th 4th. so will see you all out there. and you never know i might end up in courchevel as well.

pudders
Member of G4!!!!
         Jump to Top
johnny_no_ski
Nottingham
#67  Re: Ski Olympians  22 Nov '05 at 08:15
OK...perhaps 2 Ibiza's are a bit much for the world...the clubbers need somewhere to kick back and relax when all the sunkissed partying is over!

Yeah, not too many guys around at the mo...but I'm not complaining …Would be great if you were in Courchevel though...so let's keep our fingers crossed!!!

Just thought of another couple of questions if anyone is up for answering them?!?...What are the living quarters like? Is it a real tight squeeze and how many people are gonna be sharing my living space (approx)? Does anyone know anything about barperson shift patterns i.e. how many hours per day spent working how many skiing/getting smashed?
         Jump to Top
jemmam
East London
#68  Re: Ski Olympians  22 Nov '05 at 08:57
Nice to meet you Johny! Am also bar person for SO but not sure wha resort they are sticking me in - suprise suprise, was hoping for courchevel but it looks like for only 2 bars out there the jobs are taken!

Amy, how many people fit on this coach, will there be loads of us!?

Shame your not on our coach Pudders, it would of been good to listen to a bit of your G4 singing !!!
         Jump to Top
johnny_no_ski
Nottingham
#69  Re: Ski Olympians  22 Nov '05 at 09:14
The pleasures all mine jemmam!!! Let’s hope that you are in Courchevel as it can’t hurt to have a few more girls along for the ride…

I noticed you are asking questions about the coach do this mean you too will be making your way out on the 6th December coach? If so…I look forward to seeing you then…
         Jump to Top
jemmam
East London
#70  Re: Ski Olympians  22 Nov '05 at 09:22
Yep ill be on there too im getting on at Thurrock serivces so ill be one of the last on, so you'll have to save me a seat!!

Is this your first time skking too then! Ive never been to a ski resort in my life before so its all new to me, but i cant wait gunna be wiked!

Are you going alone or with a mate?
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#71  Re: Ski Olympians  22 Nov '05 at 09:39
umm getting a little worried about this G4 stuff. but hey. johnny, i know that if i get the choice courchevel is one of the places i want to go. so you never know. i think amyl is the person to answer your questions on living spaces.

pudders
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#72  Re: Ski Olympians  22 Nov '05 at 09:40
ha ha 'Soulmate' ?!
Yes I went to Global Gathering and had the best weekend of the summer! 2 many DJ's were brill especially dancing on the sand and Mylo's set was wicked too - after that it all became a bit blurry!!!
The coach is just like a normal coach (don't know how many people fit on!) and reckon it will be full!
As far a shifts go in the bars it depends which bar you work in on what shifts you work but wherever you get good ski time and good chance to go out at night too so you cannot really lose wherever you are!
Accomodation is ok too - quite erm 'intimate' just pray you get on with your roommate or 2, But you will never really spend any time in there anyway so don't give it much thought!
         Jump to Top
jemmam
East London
#73  Re: Ski Olympians  22 Nov '05 at 09:45
WAHOOOO!!!! Getting excited now - will all be on the coach in 14 days .... See you all soon!!
         Jump to Top
johnny_no_ski
Nottingham
#74  Re: Ski Olympians  22 Nov '05 at 09:46
Sounds like we're in the same boat (or coach!?!) as I too have never been to a ski resort!!! or stood on a pair of ski's for that matter?!? Not too worried though...I am a relatively quick learner so shouldn't take too long to be good enough to get by.

Yeah, I am all alone... what about you? you bringing a friend for the journey or are you gonna be all on your jack-jones too?

Will do my best to save you a seat but can't make any promises...

Anyway...what about you...tell me some details - as 'your' profile is pretty empty too...age/hobbies/music/foods??? I am keen to know what sort of people I am gonna be spending my 1st Christmas away from home with!!!
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#75  Re: Ski Olympians  22 Nov '05 at 10:00
well i feel like the baby of this group being only 21 ha ha, but i am a member of G4(or so some people think), into killers, artic monkeys, maximo park etc, Hobbies well apart from, skiing, snowboarding and drinking, theres football, rugby, cricket.

also going on my jack jones, although i know to returning workers from last year who are on my flight from luton.

amyl can only think of a few people who would say im from G4, if you were in 1550, then maybe Neil, or it could have been, toothie, Jo-Jo, or anyone from La Plagne.

umm worried about this tag might have to get two weeks of singing lessons

pudders
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason