Ski Olympians //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  benpudney    On:  Mon 14th November, 2005 at 14:07
jemmam
East London
#31  Re: Ski Olympians  16 Nov '05 at 13:45
Mmmm im liking the 7-1 ratio too 80% fitties ayy, where was it your worked again!!!
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#32  Re: Ski Olympians  16 Nov '05 at 14:37
Its cold, but because it not really windy it doesn't feel as cold if you know what i mean! And definately doesn't feel too cold after a few shandy's!!
As far as clothes to wear as there seem to be loads of threads about it at the mo - mostly jeans and vest tops/t-shirt top, hoodies etc, but take a couple of dressyish tops - got to the point last year when i was craving to wear a pair of heels but don't bother taking any you would prob never be able to wear them and if you did you would stick out like a sore thumb!!
I was in Courchevel and have to say that the ski olympic boys who were there - i definately would! But thats prob because i got to know them and they were all sweetie pies, in fact the selection accross the company as a whole was pretty spot on!! But the rest of the resort were not bad either!!
         Jump to Top
dizzyrachy
#33  Re: Ski Olympians  16 Nov '05 at 15:04
the ski olypmic boys....you definately did!! ohh don't you just love the incest!!
we need to find out if any boys are going to courchevel this yr, as all we have heard is girls going! nooooo!
amy, you forgot to mention slippers! my transfer days were spent cleaning in slippers! comfort all the way for the 18hour shift!!! he he x
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#34  Re: Ski Olympians  16 Nov '05 at 15:25
yay RR - how are you!!!!!
I have just PM'd jemmam to tell her all about it - didn't want to write it all up here hee hee!!!
Hey why didn't you just email me if you were on t'internet, I am sooooo bored locked in this office and you are free, forgotten what the outside world looks like, please tell me!!!
         Jump to Top
benpudney
Surrey want to be in the alps
#35  Re: Ski Olympians  16 Nov '05 at 15:31
well bonus for me. if all you ladioes are going to courchevel i might have to see where i end up. not liking the ratio though.

im all up for flip flops though great idea didn't think of them.

pudders
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#36  Re: Ski Olympians  16 Nov '05 at 15:49
Take a duvet too - even though our manager got everyone in our chalet duvets from somewhere i took my own as it said blankets and pillows provided on the kit list and don't think you are guaranteed a duvet. better safe than sorry, those blankets are well itchy! Duvets are well cheap in asda and vacuum packed so take up hardley any space!
And if you work with any aussie be prepared to come home calling them doonas!!!!!!!!
         Jump to Top
jemmam
East London
#37  Re: Ski Olympians  17 Nov '05 at 00:03
Thanks Amy, now i have an idea of what the winter life is like.... and i like it!! Bring on the SO Boys hehe!!!

Ill make sure to bring a duvet too as being cold when you want to go a bed is the worst feeling in the world, mind you after a few im sure the weather is forgotton!!

So what are the workers chalets like, really crammed??
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#38  Re: Ski Olympians  18 Nov '05 at 09:12
well did anyone else recieve there manual yesterday. made for interesting reading. i understand you have to be slightly sensible it what we do around guests but the manual makes them sound redicously strict. any comments from you guys who have been before

pudders
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#39  Re: Ski Olympians  18 Nov '05 at 10:21
Hey Ben, I got mine this morning and was exactly the same as you last year! The company is strict in a way as they have to lay down the ground rules otherwise everyone would just take advantage, after all none of us are there to make a career out of our jobs! They know that and so just have to make sure you are willing to work hard in return of the benefits.
As long as you do your job well, there will be no problems.
Although last season my manager, when i had the flu (which my roomate had just had - and had a night and a day off work as a result) my manager took me to one side and said i looked like sh!t, i looked tired and it was obvious I was going out too much! In those words! but she was a one off i reckon and they are def not all like that!
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#40  Re: Ski Olympians  18 Nov '05 at 10:26
well i sort of guessed they would be quick to lay down the law and as you say your there to work hard to make the guests stay better. and your enjoyment will be better the better you work together as a team and get things done. im wondering whether my immuneness to hangovers in the uk will continue out in the alps. never seem to wake up feeling shitty. umm interesting.

pudders
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#41  Re: Ski Olympians  18 Nov '05 at 10:39
You will be fine! I get the worst hangovers but in the alps i don't!! I either wake up still blind drunk and then sober up without the slightest headache or just wake up feeling fine althogether! Thats what good clean alpine air does for you!!
         Jump to Top
sam D
Staffordshire
#42  Re: Ski Olympians  18 Nov '05 at 11:08
Puds and Amy - I am yet to receive a manual, and as resident Agony Aunt I think I might need one.. how am i supposed to dish out life advice when i don't even have the manual? I'll have to make it up...

watch out boys, we're about to throw rocks at you!
         Jump to Top
Tedlena
Lovely leafy Surrey...Woo Hoo : (
#43  Re: Ski Olympians  18 Nov '05 at 12:51
Ah so not fair! I am hangover free in England but as soon as i get to the Alps its all altitude sickness and hangovers! Totally sux, has anyone else had altitude sickness and know how u can get rid of it? ops:
Live to have fun or die trying ...
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#44  Re: Ski Olympians  18 Nov '05 at 13:16
This may be a bit extreme for the alps but.....
My dad is climbing Kilmanjaro in january and he has just started taking some sort of tablets that will reduce altitude sickness - don't know what they are called, he had to get them on prescription. But if its a serious problem to you, you could look into it??!!
         Jump to Top
Tedlena
Lovely leafy Surrey...Woo Hoo : (
#45  Re: Ski Olympians  18 Nov '05 at 14:49
Thanks Amy I shall look into it. I wont let a bit of altitude sickness ruin my fun.. bring on the drugs!
Live to have fun or die trying ...
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview