Ski Olympians //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  benpudney    On:  Mon 14th November, 2005 at 14:07
benpudney
Surrey want to be in the alps
#16  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 11:29
so does everyone actually have everything ready, just its all over the place.

decided to take an extra week off work so i have 2 weeks to pack and do stuff

pudders
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#17  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 11:36
Reckon i can pack it all on the monday afternoon! Its bloody washing and ironing everything that takes the time - that little chore will take me most of the weekend (unless my mum takes pity on me!), but should only take me an hour or so to squeeze everything in a couple of bags!
One tip though is to pack either a seperate small bag or pack stuff you will need at the top of your bag for the couple of days tarining.
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#18  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 11:38
washing and ironing sucks. what am i gonna do in resort. me thinks wear it then throw it.
ha haha
         Jump to Top
braders
Leeds / Whistler
#19  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 11:43
wear the creases out!!
Deux Points!
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#20  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 11:48
are you a ski olympian. then stop hijacking our thread for personal gain. i will win
         Jump to Top
braders
Leeds / Whistler
#21  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 11:54
consider yourself temporarily highjacked!! My work here is done!!
Deux Points!
         Jump to Top
sam D
Staffordshire
#22  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 16:31

Originally posted by AmyL

Reckon i can pack it all on the monday afternoon! Its bloody washing and ironing everything that takes the time

Ironing - a completely pointless activity - 4 days in a suitcase the most pristine clothes are gonna look crumpled. Apparently "trashed and crumpled" is this season's black!

How come everyone but me is going on the 6th of Dec? Im not going til the 13th!! Am working til the 9th so gonna have a manic 3 day packing session...bought my board/boots etc now, its all lying on the landing in a big pile waiting for me to throw all my clothes at it and hope for a miracle!

A question for the ladies who've done this before... what do u wear on your feet when you're not skiing/boarding...am i gonna have to buy a pair of walking boots type things? Ive got a few pairs of boots and wellies but nowt proper walking boot stylee.
         Jump to Top
hadlf102
canterbury, then france!!
#23  Re: 13th  15 Nov '05 at 17:41
Dont worry I am pasrt of the 13th dec crew!Blantantly the better coach!i was gona buy some trenyish apres ski boots from ski shop but walking boots are fine!yeah am gona get stuff out of closet tonight to see what i actually need!
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#24  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 17:53
but not obviously part of the better 4th flying crew. ha ha ha. more time out there. finish work on friday can't wait
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#25  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 19:32
How do you quote stuff???!!!
Anyway - about shoes!
Last season i had a pair of timberlands and pair of trainers - then I bought a pair of slouchy suedey ugg type boots out there as my timberlands got trashed. Also take a pair of flip flops - brill for tromping round cleaning the rooms if your a chalet girl and good for the end of the season when it gets sunny and warm![/quote]
         Jump to Top
jemmam
East London
#26  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 23:10
AmyL: As youve done this before can you tell me abit of what to expect out there, ie the fun and all that at night life, and all the workers stuff, fancy dresss ect... Just we have 3 weeks left now and i just wanna get excited now!!! Or any otjher girls whose done this season before... Do you get sexy boys out there haha!!!!
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#27  Re: Ski Olympians  16 Nov '05 at 08:24
jemman;

lots of drinking, lots of partying, and only good looking one will be me (yeah alright) no idea on that part sorry. a couple of people i spoke said they spent alot of time out drinking. but wished they spent a couple more nights in on the quiet. but hey, where do you want to go then..

pudders
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#28  Re: Ski Olympians  16 Nov '05 at 09:04
last season i think in our resort men out numbered women 6 or 7 to 1, there was definately no shortage! And to be fair about 80% were fitties!
Erm, I don't really know what to say about the night life - you will have a brill time wherever you go. And make sure you take some summer clothes - there is always a at least one beach party at some point!!
         Jump to Top
jemmam
East London
#29  Re: Ski Olympians  16 Nov '05 at 09:50
Really! Ohhhh cant wait!! So when does the weather start to change to hot?? As for the winter, what is the rought tempreture because i heard it was -25 or did i just hear wrong coz that is cold !!!!

Thanks for the info im well excited! Im hoping to get Tignes or Merible but anywhere will do :-)
         Jump to Top
Tedlena
Lovely leafy Surrey...Woo Hoo : (
#30  Re: Ski Olympians  16 Nov '05 at 10:05
So Amy where did you go with all these fitties hmmmm???

I'm liking that 7-1 ratio, excellent!!!
Can I expect the usual school girl, hawiian, bin bag etc fancy dress?

Getting excited now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Live to have fun or die trying ...
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort