Ski Olympians //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  benpudney    On:  Mon 14th November, 2005 at 14:07
frankie
#151  Re: Ski Olympians  25 Nov '05 at 17:06
I want to go to Val D'Isere but I doubt i'll go there as returning staff get first pick. I'd be happy at Meribel, courchevel or tignes. As long as theres lots of places to get drunk im happy!

What about you?
         Jump to Top
benpudney
Surrey want to be in the alps
#152  Re: Ski Olympians  25 Nov '05 at 23:01
firstly what job you got, i think val is all taken with returning staff.
i fancy, a big chalet, tignes, les arc, courchevel or la plagne to be honest. but not really fussed just want to go now

pudders
         Jump to Top
hadlf102
canterbury, then france!!
#153  Re: oh  27 Nov '05 at 13:06
hello frankie! i am also going on the 13th coach! am so jealous at those in this forum leaving earlier! but the 13th is blantantly (oh, cant spell) the best coach!where are u getting on at? what job doing? just bought some ski boots, and google!wow not money left but they are silver and really trendy!
         Jump to Top
frankie
#154  Re: Ski Olympians  27 Nov '05 at 14:17
Hey,

Im getting on at south mimms, where ru geting on? I've got soooo much shopping to do, Im going up to covent garden in the week to get a new board and boots and I know im just gonna end up buying loads of other random stuff. I'll be so poor when I get out there! I really want to start packing now but I reckon its a bit early, you'll notice me when I get on the coach....i'll be the one with about 5 suitcases! How much stuff are we allowed to take, I cant leave anything behind!
Im a chalet girl...what r u doing?

Pudders.....what job r u doing?

x
         Jump to Top
hadlf102
#155  Re: chalet girl  28 Nov '05 at 11:27
hey am also a chalet girl! getting on at folkestone, last stop! i think the coach trip and ferry bit will involve heavy drinking - wow - so will chat to peeps quickly i guess when had a few! yeah will also take 8 suitcases, guess they expect that from girls though!
         Jump to Top
frankie
#156  Re: Ski Olympians  28 Nov '05 at 12:04
I cant wait to get some alcohol down me on the coach, im slightly nervy but im sure when im drunk everyone will be my new best friends! Do you know where u want to go yet? Do you board or ski?
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#157  Re: Ski Olympians  28 Nov '05 at 13:32
hey im going to be a ski host for the season. can't wait i leave on sunday not long no.

pudders
         Jump to Top
sam D
Staffordshire
#158  Re: Ski Olympians  29 Nov '05 at 14:11
Hi Frankie I am getting the coach on the 13th too...Pudders just cus i didnt post for a week...anyone would think i had fallen off the planet! Reality was that i had the busiest week at work, ever! How could you forget your ski olympian agony aunt?

Two weeks to go, can't wait!
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#159  Re: Ski Olympians  29 Nov '05 at 15:05
ahh my bad. everything has gone from my head as i haven't had anything to to for the past week

pudders
         Jump to Top
hadlf102
#160  Re: 13th coach  29 Nov '05 at 15:30
hey sam d, happy to hear u will join frankie and i on the 13th coach, yeah two weeks to go, literally counting down the days!natives has become painful though cos peeps keep posting their goodbyes as they are already leaving!very jealous! so me and frankie were thinking bit of the old boozing on the ferry and the coach to make those friendly introductions a little easier!
         Jump to Top
sam D
Staffordshire
#161  Re: Ski Olympians  29 Nov '05 at 19:08
haha yeah im not sure il be drinking tooooo much...sam + boats = not good! Ive got pretty much all my gear sorted now, my first season so had a shopping list as long as my arm...just need to get some goggles now and i think im done! Getting on the coach all the way up at keele, so il be on it for hours and hours...be good for meeting you all tho! Was originally hoping to be in Val but with the returner thing im hoping for Tignes or Les Arcs, fingers crossed!! oooooooh see you on the 13th!!
         Jump to Top
frankie
#162  Re: Ski Olympians  29 Nov '05 at 20:59
Hey Guys,

I've literally spent my whole day at work reading these posts and im getting so excited! I've been reading up on all the stuff to take and my suitcase is getting bigger by the second.

Does anyone know if it's best to buy a board out there or at home, its just im thinking the first day we get to go on the slopes i dont know if im gonna be arsed to trapse round looking for a board while everyone else is having fun without me

- love this guy!
         Jump to Top
hadlf102
#163  Re: board  29 Nov '05 at 21:42
well i ski but personally am gona wait till out there to buy as snow may not be great for first few weeks and dont wana scratch new skis, also, if get to know ski shop peeps well i think seasonnaires may get small discount, think i read that on natives somewhere...yes am also getting very jealous of pudders and the 6th dec coach!
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#164  Re: Ski Olympians  30 Nov '05 at 10:13
Hey Frankie,
yeah def buy out there - you will get discount, probably about
10-20% off, but also the chance to test them for a few days which you wouldn't over here, so that solves the problem of wasting time too as you can be out there trying them out!
- he does rock this little fella!
         Jump to Top
dizzyrachy
#165  Re: Ski Olympians  30 Nov '05 at 10:21
yey howdo leathered!!!
hey hey this time next week..im getting very excited! it does sound like the 6th december is gonna be a right party bus! bring it on!!! i'm loving the theme of 'bring a bottle'! mite just fill my ski bag with booze around my ski's!!
not long left at work now hey...then you can be like me, and still be in ur pj's! ohh its a hard life!
come on, keep me entertained! x x
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort