Ski Olympians //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  benpudney    On:  Mon 14th November, 2005 at 14:07
benpudney
Surrey want to be in the alps
#1  Ski Olympians  14 Nov '05 at 14:07
Just thought i would start a thread for all us ski olympians out there waitng to leave for the season.

Pudders
         Jump to Top
Lauraw_uk
#2  Re: NOT LONG!!!!  14 Nov '05 at 14:10
hey

only 3 weeks to go, I hope every1 else is as unorganised as me, not sorted anything out yet, dont think i even have a clue what to take.

Im very excited, where's all u other ski olympians hopin to work? you all on the 6th dec coach?

keep in touch

laura
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#3  Re: Ski Olympians  14 Nov '05 at 14:10
I am so so so bored of this job! The Health and Safety lady just told me off for the way i use my keyboard and said I was in danger of getting repetitive strain injury, so I took great delight in telling her that there was no danger of that because in 3 weeks i would be leaving and for the next five months shall not even be spending an hour a week in front of a bloody computer let alone 37!!!!!
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#4  Re: Ski Olympians  14 Nov '05 at 14:13
just been trying to convince my boss to let me finish this week rather than next friday. think i won. yeah!!! 20 days till i leave from luton have got everything i think but its all over the place.

pudders
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#5  Re: Ski Olympians  14 Nov '05 at 14:19
I am really dis-organised - have got everything but its just spread all over the house so now face the mission of collecting it all together and then trying to pack it all!!! This year was determined to be sensible as took loads of crap last year i never wore/used but looks like I have accumulated even more this time around!
Everyone keep there eye out for me on the coach..........
I will be the one wearing 20 layers of clothing and my ski boots because they won't fit in any of my bags!
         Jump to Top
hadlf102
canterbury, then france!!
#6  Re: less than a month  14 Nov '05 at 18:42
very excited, yet been reading native threads and realised i have not thought about what i need at all!hmmmm, need to get organised! will take me years to decide what clothes to take! gotta go ski boot shopping, need to prepare myself for how uncomfortable new ski boots can be!heavy!will defo get over excited when in ski shop though!
         Jump to Top
Tedlena
Lovely leafy Surrey...Woo Hoo : (
#7  Re: Ski Olympians  14 Nov '05 at 21:39
I like this thread... makes me feel better about being completely disorganised. Am leaving on the 6th and haven't thought about anything! I think it's because its still completely surreal I wont actually feel like i;m going till like the day b4 when i go ...SHIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT I need 2 pack!!!

....Can't Wait!!!!
Live to have fun or die trying ...
         Jump to Top
jemmam
East London
#8  Re: Ski Olympians  14 Nov '05 at 23:05
Not long now everyone!! Seems like its taking forever to come round thou but when you put it into days it dont seem that bad!!

Went to TKMaxx the other day and they had loadsa ski stuff in there lucky they had a section for ski because i didnt have a clue what to get but now i seem pretty organize considering ive never skiied in my life!!! Only need to get ski boots now - Anyone know of a good place in London??

So are we all on the 6th-Nov coach on here??
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#9  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 08:19
boots-up to you can either be profeet in putney (if you want to pay extra for better service and fitting) or snow and rock or ellis bingham
         Jump to Top
jemmam
East London
#10  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 09:38
HUH??!!
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#11  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 09:52
i would wait til you get to your resort to buy boots/skis/boards etc. You should get a discount and you will have more chance try stuff out. Plus it saves you having to lug it all there - you just have to worry about bringing it all back!!!
         Jump to Top
Tedlena
Lovely leafy Surrey...Woo Hoo : (
#12  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 10:40
Yeah I think thats what I'm gonna do , take advantage of the seasonnaires discount! We get ski hire free don't we???
Live to have fun or die trying ...
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#13  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 10:46
its alright for you lot. i have to ski during training so have to get most stuff before i go. who wanted to be a ski host anyway. ha ha. can't wait yey.

Jemman: you said you wanted boots. well profeet in putney do boots but there expensive, or you have the usual place.

puddes

P.s. only 19 days to go
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#14  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 11:05
You will get boots and skis form the company but to be honest you would be better buying your own, Did know a few people last season who blagged skis from the local hire shop for most or all of the season. also the shops are easy going on letting you 'test' skiis out if you say you might be interested in buying - I had a pair last season for about two weeks - they knew where i lived so just let me take them for as long as i pretty much wanted.
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#15  Re: Ski Olympians  15 Nov '05 at 11:15
well thats what i intend to do when out there. use my skis for hosting and hire some twin tips for messing about in the park with. ha ha then buy some at the end of the season

pudders
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview