Ski Hire in VT //

Author
  Topic Started By:  katy-boo    On:  Mon 26th September, 2005 at 12:53
katy-boo
Winter in Courchevel, Summers in Greece, France and S.E Asia, back at uni in Brum
#1  Ski Hire in VT  26 Sep '05 at 12:53
hey all
planning on going on the uni ski trip to VT in december.
got my own boots but not skis. anyone know of a good hire shop? the uni want us to hire from SkiSet but i know there are better places eg freereide in courchevel and meribel where ive hired from before.
any info much appreicated
katy
Life can be short, so drink fast! Watch out for those sea badgers!
         Jump to Top
marc
Val d'Isere
#2  Re: Ski Hire in VT  26 Sep '05 at 13:28
Katy

One of the best hire shops for VT is indeed a skiset shop. it's called CCSports and run by a complete lunatic called christoph. most seasonaires that have worked in vt will know him, he is a larger than life character and a really good bloke.

the shop may seem haphazard but he knows his kit and his staff genuinely care about the upkeep of their kit. i know that the company you have booked your trip through use this shop and work quite closely with him so if you want you could email the shop and get them to reserve the skis you want ahead of time and just pay the tour op for the hire (hint - this will be cheaper than doing it on the spot!)

hope this helps
         Jump to Top
Alastair
#3  Re: Ski Hire in VT  26 Sep '05 at 14:37
Katy,

Skiset is a franchise system and there are several Skiset shops in VT. I spent the best part of a week trying to find skis I liked at one Skiset shop without success - the guy in the shop didn't seem to understand what I didn't like about the skis he was offering.

I was recommended to try a different Skiset shop. The guy in there listened carefully to what I had tried and my views on them, then recommended a ski which I loved - getting it right first time. Yes, it was Christophe at CCSports - a really nice guy who knows his stuff.

CCSports is at the bottom of the Altneige residence, behind the Ski Rock Cafe. As Marc says, don't be put off by the appearance of the shop!
         Jump to Top
katy-boo
Winter in Courchevel, Summers in Greece, France and S.E Asia, back at uni in Brum
#4  Re: SkiSet  26 Sep '05 at 18:28
Thanks guys, much appreciated. Always nice to hear it from people who know the score.....thanks!
Katy x
Life can be short, so drink fast! Watch out for those sea badgers!
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort