Ski and snowboard by public transport //

Author
  Topic Started By:  nicoatridge    On:  Thu 13th February, 2014 at 14:07
nicoatridge
#1  Ski and snowboard by public transport  13 Feb '14 at 14:07
For some time I have been maintaining a web site on winter sports in Switzerland, obviously mainly focusing on skiing and snowboarding but trying to provide a broader perspective on being in Switzerland in the winter. Since I live in the country I've managed to get to over 100 resorts and, although my site tells you how to get to the resorts by car, I have discovered how easy every single resort in Switzerland can be reached by public transport.

Anyway, I've also taken to visiting other resorts in the Alps that you can get to by train alone (give or take a ski bus in the resort to get to the slopes) and as a result I have just set up a web site for resorts you can get to by train, called Snow and Rail.

If anyone has got any experiences of getting to resorts by train alone that I have not included, please do let me know. The site might get extended in due course to include resorts where you can get to mainly by train, but need a taxi or bus for the last section, but for now the criteria are that there is a railway station in the resort itself, or there is a ski bus or lift you take ot get on the slopes, the price of which is included in the ski pass.

Thanks!
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort