Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars? //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  natives    On:  Tue 22nd February, 2005 at 16:03
sandgroper61
London
#115  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  28 Aug '06 at 19:53

Originally posted by freerider

with 99.9 percent of ski resorts being outside the u.k who do you lot think you are!!!
if you dont like what people do in their own countries just dont go there simple as that!!!

Gosh, you must have done some reading to come up with this thread. Such a waste, to be such an idiot on top.

They think they're people who are allowed to have opinions. Weird, eh? There's just no helping some people.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

=============================

The difference between a cult and a religion: in a cult, there is someone at the top who knows it's a scam. In a religion, that person is dead.
         Jump to Top
mickworld
London
#116  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  29 Aug '06 at 08:50

Originally posted by kickassgirl

Does anyone know if smoking is banned in bars in Canada?

In British Columbia, yes
         Jump to Top
sethboy
Ecosse
#117  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  28 Sep '06 at 16:25
ban it- i hate skiing in smoky clothing!
NoThInG Is ImPoSsIbLe YoU aRe OnLy LiMiTeD bY fEaR aNd EvEn ThAt CaN bE oVeRcOmE...
         Jump to Top
fluter
Valle d'Aosta
#118  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  28 Sep '06 at 20:05
One of the great things about being here in Italy is the pleasure of being in bars and restaurants without the stinky clothes and having to have a shower at the end of a night out instead of before! I've friends in England who I don't see out as much as I'd like because they go to a particularly smoky pub, and I can't manage a long session there. If I complain they just say - "but it's a pub, of course it's smoky". If there is a ban I'm not sure why they should expect any sympathy from me. They moan about their rights but haven't made any effort to meet me half way, perhaps by occasionally having a drink in one of the few non-smoking venues locally. Talking of which - non-smokers always talk about these as if they are either widespread or (in mixed venues) effective. Perhaps they should have closed circuit intercoms so you can stay in different parts of the bar!?

Whoops - rambling.. what's this I've been drinking.....
         Jump to Top
Hoopsa
Here
#119  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  29 Sep '06 at 19:16
Maybe drink should be banned as it kills more poeple

I personally prefer to do both
Opinions are like arseholes... Everyone's got one
         Jump to Top
Demonic69
Barnsley
#120  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  27 Oct '06 at 14:03

Originally posted by Hoopsa

Maybe drink should be banned as it kills more poeple

I personally prefer to do both

Actually it doesn't, and smoking kills more alcoholics than alcohol does

I ran a pub for a year or so a year or so ago My In-laws run a pub and so do the auntie/uncle in-law.
I have never smoked and can't see the interest.
I'm not bothered about banning smoking. It would be nice, but considerate people wold be nicer (Smokers IMHO are some of the most unconciously inconsiderate people alive).
If the government promoted better ventilation there wouldn't be so much of a problem. Landlords have it hard enough with punters choosing to buy cheap booze from offies and supermarkets rather than pop to their local and get ripped off. With the smoking ban, and smokers generally being too weak to hold off for a few hours I can see pub visitor numbers dropping even farther, leading to an even greater price per pint.
         Jump to Top
Izzle
Calgary, AB, Canada
#121  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  27 Oct '06 at 14:08
Dominc - the statistics in Scotland prove you wrong. Business has been booming in pubs and bars since the ban earlier this year.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, felis viverra consectetuer cursus, condimentum dolor ligula vitae, lobortis pellentesque ac diam pellentesque.
         Jump to Top
Demonic69
Barnsley
#122  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  27 Oct '06 at 14:13

Originally posted by Izzle

Dominc - the statistics in Scotland prove you wrong. Business has been booming in pubs and bars since the ban earlier this year.

I though they were booming compared to the initial slump not to years before the ban? If that's so then it's just one more reason to go ahead
         Jump to Top
Izzle
Calgary, AB, Canada
#123  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  27 Oct '06 at 14:16
To be honest, the debate is over mate. The ban's coming. UK ban Summer 07. It'll be banned in most of France Jan 2007 (pubs, bars, and clubs will be later in the year).

It's a bad thing. No ifs or buts.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, felis viverra consectetuer cursus, condimentum dolor ligula vitae, lobortis pellentesque ac diam pellentesque.
         Jump to Top
Demonic69
Barnsley
#124  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  27 Oct '06 at 14:20

But why? If just as many people are visiting pubs where's the problem?
         Jump to Top
Izzle
Calgary, AB, Canada
#125  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  27 Oct '06 at 14:20

Originally posted by Demonic69

But why? If just as many people are visiting pubs where's the problem?

You've lost me. What?

Jump to Top
Izzle
Calgary, AB, Canada
#126  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  27 Oct '06 at 14:21
Oh, the ban? The ban is a good thing

Smoking is a bad thing. People who try to defend it are retards.

Jump to Top
Demonic69
Barnsley
#127  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  27 Oct '06 at 14:26
Ah, now I get you, and whole-heartedly agree
         Jump to Top
Roggi
#128  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  7 Nov '06 at 17:25
I guess it all depends on your opinion of prohibition in general, and attitudes to the nanny states of europe in particular. Smoking for example isn't like masturbating in a bar, smoking has been percieved as being acceptable for decades, longer even that admitting women.
The flip side is that things like bear bating and c&^k fighting have become socially unaceptable and through the generations have been legislated against.
Maybe we are all now just under the cosh of media and government and self interest groups to agree that smoking is the equivalent of bear bating and we react accordingly to that which we are spoon fed.
A note of caution though, skiing and boarding are proven to be injurous to health, how long my friends before those simple pleasures are deemed socially unacceptable?
         Jump to Top
Demonic69
Barnsley
#129  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  7 Nov '06 at 20:48

Originally posted by Roggi

A note of caution though, skiing and boarding are proven to be injurous to health, how long my friends before those simple pleasures are deemed socially unacceptable?

Possibly when they start to adversely affect the health of the involuntarily participating populace?
Or start to kill 10s of thousands
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview