Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars? //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  natives    On:  Tue 22nd February, 2005 at 16:03
WTFH
Surrey
#85  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 10:22
Who knows who he/she/it is?

Well, I do know whoever they are, they weren't partying in the RAH last night!
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
Boggart
Somewhere without a paddle….
#86  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 10:30
Hatters,

I don't think members of the 'Transgender' community liked to be referred to as an 'It.'

I remain,

Boggars

P.S. Who did you see at the 'Albert' last night?
Don't squeeze the trigger, if you can't stand the recoil. - Johnny Cash

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#87  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 10:38
Someone from our day - a real musician (and I gave a clue elsewhere as to who it was when I said he could still make his guitar cry and sing)

Think late 70s-80s band.

Think movie soundtracks.

Think former schoolteacher from Ooop north.

I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
Boggart
#88  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 10:43
Hatters,

I take it that the gig was NOT 'Dire?'

I remain (a Brother in Arms)

Boggars

P.S. Phone cameras have made a mockery of the no photography rules, thank god the quality is so bad, otherwise the smudgers would be out of business.

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
Sniganoo
London
#89  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 10:51
Sorry to disappoint anyone here, I indeed forgot my place and realise the "You the Jury" forum is a most welcome place to vent, rant and flame to your hearts content.

Forgive any U-turn as a mild lapse in concentration. A concussion from a fall a few years back means the old noggin does not function quite like it used to, either that or schizophrenia is indeed setting in, if so I welcome it with open arms....

:0)

...and yes, lots of snow withdrawal. I lived in Colorado for 3 years and not being able to just jump in my car and get to the slopes 2 hours later is something that makes me weep at night....hence my joining the Natives community to possibly ease my way back into a snowy existence once more.
Snigs
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#90  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 10:57
Snigars,

You've still not answered the question of you being a fifth columist?

I remain,

Boggars

Jump to Top
Sniganoo
London
#91  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 10:59
Bogie,

Do I really need to answer that?
Snigs
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#92  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 11:04
Snigars,

It is up to you but in this democratic world of ours, a 'No Comment' has come to mean guilty as hell!

I remain,

Boggars

Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#93  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 11:06

Originally posted by boggart

Hatters,

I take it that the gig was NOT 'Dire?'

I remain (a Brother in Arms)

Boggars

P.S. Phone cameras have made a mockery of the no photography rules, thank god the quality is so bad, otherwise the smudgers would be out of business.

Yeah, aplogies for the quality, but I was near the top of the circle, i.e. right at the top of the RAH.

It certainly wasn't Dire! Now all I need to do is see what the sound quality was like on the songs I recorded/videoed on my phone...
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
Boggart
#94  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 11:12

Originally posted by WTFH

Now all I need to do is see what the sound quality was like on the songs I recorded/videoed on my phone...

Hatters,

You are lucky that you can get away with that. I've seen people beaten up and their gear smashed for bootlegging. Besides the quality is always crap, if you are going to bootleg the only way to do it is direct from the 'front of house' mixer. Otherwise how else are we going to sell our recordings if we have amateurs trying to flood the market!!

I remain,

Boggars

Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#95  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 11:16
Boggy, the quality of my recordings are crap, but who cares, I WAS THERE.

A few years ago I took a MiniDisc recorder to a gig. This was when Sony had just brought out portables ones. They drank batteries. I was seated near the front.
Problem was that one set of batteries lasted about an hour, so, I went to change the batteries when I knew they were nearly done, but in my haste, I forgot to allow time for the disc to write its TOC, so in the end, the music was lost! ops:
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
Boggart
#96  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 11:24
Hatters,

You see, you are an amateur!!! Leave the bootlegging to the professionals!!

I did a gig with 'The Cure' last year and the following day bootlegs were already on sale on the 'net. AND they weren't one of ours!

I remain,

Boggars

Jump to Top
Sniganoo
London
#97  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 11:37
Rarely will I say No Comment........

I don't work anywhere at the moment let alone as a spy for a tour operator. You can rest easy...
Snigs
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#98  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 11:42
Snigars,

I don't work in the 'game,' I am just keeping an eye out for those who do.

I remain,

Boggars

Jump to Top
Sniganoo
London
#99  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 11:44
Duly noted Bogie.

Some great stories on Natives and in these posts. Glad I dropped by.
Snigs
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview