Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars? //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  natives    On:  Tue 22nd February, 2005 at 16:03
Kenzie
God's own county/Tignes/South America/North America/Australasia/Asia/Africa
#67  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 13:43

Originally posted by PFBC

What's the policy on smoking in Utah then?

If you're a fundamental Mormon, you can do it as many times as you like. Once only for the rest of us. Or is that something else? :P
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#68  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 14:23

Originally posted by PFBC

Originally posted by WTFH

Originally posted by Dinosaur

Originally posted by

it is us who subsidise the NHS

............ and then use more than your share of it by taking a long time to die of complicated and expensive ailments.

...while doing less work than the rest of us, because of your fag breaks.

You want a fag break? Start smoking. :nana:

If I work with smokers I tell them I am going for a juice break or for a fresh air break and if they moan i tell them to fcuk off.
         Jump to Top
Sniganoo
London
#70  Re: Ban it all  1 Jun '05 at 15:10
Yes ban smoking, then ban drinking, then ban farting, burping, picking your toenails, wiping your ass, licking your own eyebrows, pretending to w*&k off a banana, eating with your mouth full, giving someone the finger, driving, cycling, posing in front of a mirror, soccer, basketball, sorority houses, rap music, burberry, anything beginning with the letter "F", and then we will be left with a wittle fluffy bunny wabbit hopping through the wuvly flowers...

Yeah ban smoking in bars, it's bloody awful.
Snigs
         Jump to Top
Boggart
Somewhere without a paddle….
#71  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 15:16
Snigers,

Welcome to Natives, a rather erudite first post if I may say so.

I remain,

Boggars
Don't squeeze the trigger, if you can't stand the recoil. - Johnny Cash

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#72  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 15:19
Snigers,

Just had a thought, if we ban everything beginning with the letter 'F' how will the 'wittle fluffy bunny wabbit' be fluffy?

I remain (concerned)

Boggars

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#73  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 15:19
Dont bother talking to him he uses words like erudite!
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#74  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 15:20
and he's concerned by spelling
         Jump to Top
Sniganoo
London
#76  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 15:48
Me likey big impressive words!!

Interesting community you have here. Is this the best place to get the lowdown on all things ski job related? From what I hear it is similar to university life what with the low pay, terrible accomodation and high rick of STD's. I doubt I will have any time to ride with all the fun I will be having...

I am being a touch too erudite? ;0)
Snigs
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#77  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 16:19

Originally posted by Dinosaur

Originally posted by

pretending to w*&k off a banana

Do you do this often?

Diners,

Does this sort of thing 'interest' you? And you have the effrontery to call Hatters and myself 'dirty old gits!'

I remain,

Boggars

Jump to Top
PFBC
#78  Re: Re: Ban it all  1 Jun '05 at 20:04

Originally posted by Sniganoo

Interesting community you have here. Is this the best place to get the lowdown on all things ski job related? From what I hear it is similar to university life what with the low pay, terrible accomodation and high rick of STD's. I doubt I will have any time to ride with all the fun I will be having...

Someone told me it was the best place for info - I haven't been here long enough to tell yet. I have spotted a few nuggets of information in between the banter, smut, flaming, insults in-jokes and low grade humour.

Boggart has - one one occasion I have seen - offered to help someone get a job in the alps. You might have to be half his age, with a full shop window and some nice puppies to get this service though.

The similarity between uni and a ski job is remarkable now you mention it, though there are no deadlines and you might end up with your head down a toilet. Sort of like a history degree really.

PFBC
Alright, they're Heinz, but who do you think sticks them on the shelf?
         Jump to Top
Sniganoo
London
#79  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 20:16
The one thing this forum could be useful for is to help other folk get jobs. The other bollox such as in-jokes, banter and smut are just a product of having nothing better to do than show how witty you can be on an online forum. There's a place for that I guess.

Is it just me or are we all really just after some fun on the slopes? The rest is just crap.

Thanks for the reply Hoonz...
Snigs
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#81  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 21:31
you wont find many jobs being offered on the forum other than in the form of smarties! Advice seems to be bandied around a bit. But the majority of the crap that everyone posts on here is down to boredom I believe. There is another section of the website called JOBS which might be more usefull for finding jobs. Many people who enquire on the forum about jobs seem to be pointed in that direction.
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#82  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 08:35

Originally posted by Sniganoo

The one thing this forum could be useful for is to help other folk get jobs. The other bollox such as in-jokes, banter and smut are just a product of having nothing better to do than show how witty you can be on an online forum. There's a place for that I guess.

Sniganoo, welcome! I just read your first post, then this one. Are you slightly schitzoid, or just suffering snow withdrawal like the rest of us?
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
Skibum
The Back of Beyond.
#83  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 08:58
Of course smoking should be banned in enclosed spaces.

Any activity that fills the atmosphere with Category 1 carcinogens should be restricted to extremely well ventilated areas or outdoors.

This is not akin to banning burping, farting, drinking or whatever else you smokers want to try and link it to... none of those activities (believe it or not) result in people in close proximity being exposed to chemicals that can, and do, cause some of the most horrific diseases around.
"The Dude abides."
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#84  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Jun '05 at 10:00

Originally posted by WTFH

Sniganoo, welcome! I just read your first post, then this one. Are you slightly schitzoid, or just suffering snow withdrawal like the rest of us?

Hatters,

I initially thought that Sniggers was going to be one of 'us' but the abrupt U-turn makes me think that he/she/transgender could be a 5th columnist from a HR department of a tour operator.

Mind you he/she/transgender has not got off to a good start if he/she/transgender thinks that advice about working out here will be found in the 'You the Jury' section.

I remain,

Boggars

Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort