Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars? //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  natives    On:  Tue 22nd February, 2005 at 16:03
Boggart
Somewhere without a paddle….
#47  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  30 May '05 at 07:39

Originally posted by WTFH

What, you mean rather than, say, the scum?

No Hatters,

If you are from Ireland why don't you support an Irish team local to your roots? Have you ever lived on Merseyside? And if you did why did you pick the TSB's over the Toffees?

As for supporting the SCUM, you live in the heartland of their so-called 'Fan Base, ' so why not

I remain,

Boggars
Don't squeeze the trigger, if you can't stand the recoil. - Johnny Cash

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
RidingMountains2
#48  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 11:31

Originally posted by PFBC

Do we really want to be giving organised crime more cash?

I fully accept it is a filthy habit. I accept that I should not force others to smoke my fags. I don't see why this should see me and the majority of the bar's punters forced out into the cold. Give us a heater at least, and don't complain when the fun place to be is on the terrace at -25.

Here Bloody Here!!!!!!

I also maintain that these tightfisted passive smokers stop pinching our smoke and go and buy their own ;-) i jest my dears.

I am a heavy smoker... not one of these pastime social smokers or whaterver sort of bollocks that means... get in with the Marlie Reds.

On a serious note i think you will find that certainly in Ireland and now more so in the UK that the "smoking Ban" has, in-part, come about because of the poor members of bar staff who on an everage 6 hour shift in a busy bar would probably be smoking the equivalent of about 80 a night !!!! not to mention having to put up with the bollox that us pissed up wankers spout when one too many mutzigs have been consumed.

Thus you are increasingly finding certainly int he UK that, whilst there are segregated areas in bars and restaurants, there is No Smoking at the Bar to protect the heath of the envariably underpaid and over worked staff serving the beer to us.

I would be more than happy to go out for a Fag.. but i must agree with the heater thing and also the propper provision of ashtrays.... it is bad enough the smokers on chairlifts who mar the mountains with our unbiodegradable toxic waste but to see it littered all over the streets of otherwise stunning resorts would be a great shame.

Right am off outside for a fag xxxx
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#50  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 12:00
Diners,

I've also heard it makes them 'Pasty Faced,' perhaps you could enlighten us??

I remain,

Boggars

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
RidingMountains2
#51  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 12:00

Originally posted by Dinosaur

Originally posted by

it is bad enough the smokers on chairlifts who mar the mountains with our unbiodegradable toxic waste but to see it littered all over the streets of otherwise stunning resorts would be a great shame.

Very true. Husband has just purchased his very own portable ashtray - about 4cm long, hangs on a keyring. Ashtray slides out of its cover so you can stash the fag before sliding it back in again. You then empty the ashtray when you get back to base.

About 3 euros, I believe, from some place in Val d'Isere. So no more excuses for throwing your rubbish about!

I have to say, though, that I still think smokers are a bunch of vile mingers who have a peculiar idea that all the rest of us are in some way obliged to support their silly habit. Sorry!

Not in the slightest... certainly in the UK at nearly £5 a packet of 20 i would say it is us who subsidise the NHS and a whole medley of other public services. ;-) But that my dear is a different matter
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#53  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 12:16

Originally posted by

it is us who subsidise the NHS

............ and then use more than your share of it by taking a long time to die of complicated and expensive ailments.

...while doing less work than the rest of us, because of your fag breaks.
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
PFBC
#54  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 12:17

Originally posted by

............ and then use more than your share of it by taking a long time to die of complicated and expensive ailments.

Wrong. Smokers die sooner so not only do we contribute more to the NHS and social security, we also have less chance to use it.

I suspect that part of the reason why the government hasn't just banned smoking is due to the fact they can tax the fúck out of us without having to care for us in our old age.

PFBC
Alright, they're Heinz, but who do you think sticks them on the shelf?
         Jump to Top
PFBC
#55  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 12:19

Originally posted by

...while doing less work than the rest of us, because of your fag breaks.

You want a fag break? Start smoking. :nana:
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#56  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 12:20
I don't want to die sooner, have worse health, stinky breath, nor do I want to waste £££ every week for the "privilege" of the above!
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
Boggart
#57  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 12:21
I would not object at all to oilies, if some way of containing the smoke could be found, so that it did not polute the air and I have to wash my hair after a night out because it reeks like an ashtray.

I remain,

Boggart

Jump to Top
PFBC
#58  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 12:24

I don't want to die sooner, have worse health, stinky breath, nor do I want to waste £££ every week for the "privilege" of the above!

So quit begrudging us our 5 mins. You'll have more retirement time anyhow - so you can spend lots of time laughing at us dead buggers when you are in your adult nappy wearing years.

Wasn't this thread meant to be about smoking in bars?

PFBC
         Jump to Top
PFBC
#60  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 12:33

Originally posted by boggart

I would not object at all to oilies, if some way of containing the smoke could be found, so that it did not polute the air and I have to wash my hair after a night out because it reeks like an ashtray.

I remain,

Boggart

Dear Boggars.

Quit insisting we freeze our t1ts off then. Given the current attitude of the Government about smoking it won't be long until all of Europe follows the US model and bans smoking in public spaces. So you'll have your wish.

You can then quit blaming us for your smelly hair and just be grateful you still have hair on your head (?) to wash.

You..cough cough...rs

PFBC

P.S. The handy keyring ashtrays were in Jean Sports in VDI - I am most impressed because I don't find fag butts sightly either.
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#62  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 12:44

it won't be long until all of Europe follows the US model and bans smoking in public spaces.

You can then quit blaming us for your smelly hair and just be grateful you still have hair on your head (?) to wash.

Counters,

You ideas about the States are a little, nay enormously, wide of the mark. Not all the states have the same laws regarding smoking in public, or indeed private. The high profile states such as California, New York, Florida have had quite a lot of attention from the media on this subject and this has come to be interpreted, wrongly as nationwide. If fact laws on this subject could even be made down as far as town level.

I remain (with a full head of long flowing hair)

Boggars

Jump to Top
PFBC
#63  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 13:04

Originally posted by boggart

Counters,

You ideas about the States are a little, nay enormously, wide of the mark. Not all the states have the same laws regarding smoking in public, or indeed private. The high profile states such as California, New York, Florida have had quite a lot of attention from the media on this subject and this has come to be interpreted, wrongly as nationwide. If fact laws on this subject could even be made down as far as town level.

I remain (with a full head of long flowing hair)

Boggars

Dear Rapunzel

Thank you for that, I stand corrected. Some of the states don't have it in for drinking and smoking. It's just the ideas that get exported are from the ones that have fallen prey to the "moral majority" who are in fact just a vocal minority. I really should stop bashing the US as an entity. It's only the bits I've encountered so far that get on my t1ts, and I'm sure there's much more of the US I have yet to encounter.

Yours in a spirit of tolerance.eace:

PFBC
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#65  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 13:08

Some of the states don't have it in for drinking and smoking.

Most don't. I always laugh at people who tell me Utah is a dry state. That is far from the truth!
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
PFBC
#66  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  1 Jun '05 at 13:40

Some of the states don't have it in for drinking and smoking.

Most don't. I always laugh at people who tell me Utah is a dry state. That is far from the truth!

Sounds more damp than dry to me, Foxy.

http://www.fortogden.com/utahliqlaw.html

I was going to ask if it had driven it underground, but evidently not.

What's the policy on smoking in Utah then?

PFBC
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort