Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars? //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  natives    On:  Tue 22nd February, 2005 at 16:03
kimbo
#16  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Mar '05 at 06:23
I work in Breck as well, and it is really nice not being in bars filled with smoke. I have not smoked since coming to the States as it has been very easy to give up as you rarely smell smoke. I don't think many people would mind stepping outside to smoke. I remember years ago in London on the tube when they had smoking carriages, and even though I smoked, it was horrible being stuck in one of these, but you had no choice if you wanted to get home.
         Jump to Top
kimbo
#17  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Mar '05 at 06:23
I work in Breck as well, and it is really nice not being in bars filled with smoke. I have not smoked since coming to the States as it has been very easy to give up as you rarely smell smoke. I don't think many people would mind stepping outside to smoke. I remember years ago in London on the tube when they had smoking carriages, and even though I smoked, it was horrible being stuck in one of these, but you had no choice if you wanted to get home.
         Jump to Top
kimbo
#18  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  2 Mar '05 at 06:24
         Jump to Top
oakey
wales
#19  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  7 Mar '05 at 20:14
Im a smoker and there is nothing i like better than a bine with my pint but it can get a bit smokey even for me sometimes! the way i see it if people wanna smoke that badly we can go outside but then again who wants to be stood outside freezing your cods off when there is a nice warm bar there na dont ban it !
         Jump to Top
sandgroper61
London
#20  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  11 May '05 at 10:28
I've been a heavy smoker (75 a day) and a non-smoker (now 0) . . . and a social-in-the-pub smoker. Started again in Meribel this season on the if-you-can't-beat-'em-join-'em ticket, as every bar was a wall of the stuff.

Ended up triggering massive bronchitis and I'm still dealing with it now.

Having experienced the no-smoking regimes in Ireland and Italy, I am completely in favour of banning the filthy habit, while at the same time reserving my right to get p1ssed and smoke OPs as necessary . . . but outside.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

=============================

The difference between a cult and a religion: in a cult, there is someone at the top who knows it's a scam. In a religion, that person is dead.
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#21  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  12 May '05 at 16:57
Smoking is bad and i normally dont bother, but I enjoy it when blind drunk perhaps it should be banned until 2 in the morning...
         Jump to Top
helsbels
Weston-super-Mare, (Winter 04/05- Lapland then Morzine - Esprit.)
#22  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  12 May '05 at 17:45
good idea mista!! i think midnight would be better tho!
         Jump to Top
helsbels
Weston-super-Mare, (Winter 04/05- Lapland then Morzine - Esprit.)
#23  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  13 May '05 at 16:24
in fact no, all bars should have a skanky smoking corner where we filthy smokers can all sit and fester together as we slowly kill ourselves. mmmm, sounds like heaven!
         Jump to Top
Boggart
Somewhere without a paddle….
#24  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  14 May '05 at 07:11
YES it should be banned.

No one has ever had Cirrhosis of the liver from second hand drinking.

How many people have died from second hand smoking?
Don't squeeze the trigger, if you can't stand the recoil. - Johnny Cash

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
paulmc
#25  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  14 May '05 at 13:15
it is only because we all associate bars with a smokey atmosphere that we associate the smokey atmosphere with having a good time. Get rid of one and you will not lose the other
www.bargainboards.co.uk
Discount Snowboard Shop
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#26  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  14 May '05 at 16:52
Look will you all just stop this fcuking bickering, can I not smoke a fag in peace? jesus! :furious:
         Jump to Top
Boggart
Somewhere without a paddle….
#27  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  14 May '05 at 16:55

Originally posted by mista

Look will you all just stop this fcuking bickering, can I not smoke a fag in peace? jesus! :furious:

Of course you can, in the comfort of your own place of abode.
Don't squeeze the trigger, if you can't stand the recoil. - Johnny Cash

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#28  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  14 May '05 at 16:57

Originally posted by boggart

Originally posted by mista

Of course you can, in the comfort of your own place of abode.

Shut up will you! I am smoking a faaaaaag :angered:
For christs sake!
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#29  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  14 May '05 at 17:02
Right I've finished now, just don't stess me out too much or i'll need another
         Jump to Top
PFBC
#30  Re: Should smoking be banned in ski resort bars?  29 May '05 at 11:56
Sorry to the non smokers here, but I'd go for segregation over prohibition.

Whilst smokers areas are generally smellier - the quality of the company ofttimes makes up for this.

If you don't smoke, why work in a bar where you know you'll be exposed to it? (You're an alcoholic, aren't you?)
Alright, they're Heinz, but who do you think sticks them on the shelf?
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort