Should I move. //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  Geekychick    On:  Tue 20th September, 2005 at 13:47
Geekychick
Bristol. Again.
#1  Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 13:47
He'll hate me for this but hopefully he won't spot it!!! (if you do sorry, but all my friends are bias so the cyber community is the only way forward!)

Right. I have a lovely boyfriend who lives in Doncaster and I live in Bristol. Should I move up with him? he cant move here as there is nowhere for him to live but I can live with him. I miss him terribley and I have a crap job with crap pay, but at least I have my mates. If I move there I can I have another crap job, a boyfriend that works evening (but at least I will see him) and no friends. What to do? I could get a crap job where I work evenings. It is only until december but we're supposed to saving money and thats quite hard coz trains are SO expensive. Your thoughts please. Sorry for my ramblings.
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#2  Re: Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 13:53
I would stay where you are - like you said its only til December and you will no doubt save more money living at home??
if you are going to the same resort anyway you will be spending 5 months with him and then perhaps you could move in together when you get back?
I know friends who's boyfirends moved up here or vice versa after uni and it was hard because they did not have any of their own friends in the area.
But the bottom line is do whatever makes you happy! At least you know if you do move up there you can always move back, hopefully without offending him!!
One last thing though! Following on from your advice on my post - you will have sex on tap!!! You can't argue with that!!!
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#3  Re: Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 13:56
How long have you been seeing him (hereafter referred to as "lucky")?
Will lucky be doing a season too?
What does lucky think about you moving up?
If you were to work evenings in Bristol as well as your current job - e.g. get a pub job, would that give you a bit more income to spend going to see lucky, while still allowing you to save for the season?
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#4  Re: Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 13:59
kind of agree with amy - its only 10 weeks till dec......!!!
         Jump to Top
Geekychick
Bristol. Again.
#5  Re: Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 14:02
we'd be living with his family so living costs really aren't issue.

I have a few mates in near by towns so that will keep me entertained at the weekend.

We've been together 3 months now. I just miss him lots (ok really I miss being laid on a regular basis, as he says you cant have too much of a good thing!)

What to do. I'm miserable here. I can always come back if its crap.
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#6  Re: Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 14:03
Are you going away for the season with him?
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
Geekychick
Bristol. Again.
#7  Re: Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 14:08
Oui oui.

10 weeks is soooo long. And at $50 (my pound symbol wont work) or more for train tickets thats $500!
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
God's own county/Tignes/South America/North America/Australasia/Asia/Africa
#8  Re: Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 14:14
Move up North. Then spend all the money you save on trains at Castleford!
         Jump to Top
Geekychick
Bristol. Again.
#9  Re: Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 14:18

Originally posted by Kenzie

Move up North. Then spend all the money you save on trains at Castleford!

Ok then. Consider it done.
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#10  Re: Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 14:21
Do it! I forgot you would be near castleford!
Yay welcome to the North!!!
         Jump to Top
*~Larry~*
Bern, Switzerland
#11  Re: Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 14:23
Stay where you are.

There's no point in moving things on i.e moving in together at this stage of your relationship.

You have all the time in the world to be together and live in the same house when your away or when you get back.

It's not nice being solely dependant on your other half when you move to an area where you have him but no friends of your own. It puts pressure on a relationship.

At the end of the day it's entirely up to you, but I would stay where you are now, and talk about it after your season when you've spent 5 months living in each other's pockets.
EVERY TIME GRIFF GETS IN HIS HOT TUB - GOD KILLS A KITTEN.

TRUE STORY.
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#12  Re: Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 14:25

Originally posted by *~Larry~*

Stay where you are.

There's no point in moving things on i.e moving in together at this stage of your relationship.

You have all the time in the world to be together and live in the same house when your away or when you get back.

It's not nice being solely dependant on your other half when you move to an area where you have him but no friends of your own. It puts pressure on a relationship.

At the end of the day it's entirely up to you, but I would stay where you are now, and talk about it after your season when you've spent 5 months living in each other's pockets.

real words of wisdom from the larr-ster. I met boyfriend doing seasons and now, 4 and a bit years later we have lived 3 out of 4 years apart coz of uni and now off to do next season together. Can be good not to rush these things - larry, i think, has a V good point!!!
Edited 20/09/2005 @ 14:51 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
Geekychick
Bristol. Again.
#13  Re: Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 14:30
Hummm we've already done the living in each other pockets thing as we met on the summer season and I was hoping I would make friends. its just he works weekends which makes seeing each other problematic.

but I probably should stay where i am. At least Richard Branson will be happy, robbing b*stard.
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#14  Re: Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 14:33
know what you mean!!
Think we single handedly kept southwest trains afloat over the 3 years we were in different places!!!
         Jump to Top
*~Larry~*
Bern, Switzerland
#15  Re: Should I move.  20 Sep '05 at 14:48
It can be a test of your relationship no?

If you are going to stand the test of distance and time apart, and still be able to be faithful with one another then that will either make or break your relationship.

I made the mistake of moving in with my ex too soon. I moved to where his job and friends were and became miserable.

I've always been a very independant person, so it was hard for me to have to live there on my own. It's not the same when their friends are your friends - you have noone to confide in etc, it's not the same as being around your own mates.

You've only been together 3 months, in the grand scheme of things, if your going to be in this relationship long term - why rush things now? Look at Rodent's example...if it'smeant to be, then yo'll get through the next 10 weeks (that's not long at all) and you'll be together for 5 whole months all day , every day (or most of them) until you come back home or gop onto your summer location.

I can't see any reason to rush something and ruin what you have (possibly)
EVERY TIME GRIFF GETS IN HIS HOT TUB - GOD KILLS A KITTEN.

TRUE STORY.
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview