Shopping list //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  BIGdave    On:  Thu 29th September, 2005 at 16:38
BIGdave
Verbier
#1  Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 16:38
So whats on your shopping list before the start of a new ski season?
         Jump to Top
Robinq
Verbier
#2  Re: Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 17:38
Avalanche tranciever - cant go all season borrowing off various shops and people again, that was a pain
Ski's- Tempted by some of last seasons Rossi Scratch BC's if i can find some at a good price, otherwise a whole load of thinking and testing needs to be done
Thinking a spine guard - one of my mates broke his back on a kicker last season (he is thamkfully fine and returning for another season) - its enough to make you think twice though
         Jump to Top
skidudesam99
#3  Re: Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 20:32
A helmet! most definantly will be buying one before I go out for the season, think i'll go for a Dainese.
Any new gadgets!
Some new ski trousers, had same pair for the last 8 weeks ive been out! plus they are womens! i didn't realise that untill i went for a piss and the zip was on the wrong side!
Mc Poore
         Jump to Top
user206
#4  Re: Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 20:45

Originally posted by skidudesam99

plus they are womens! i didn't realise that untill i went for a piss and the zip was on the wrong side!

Women have zips on their arses :eyepopping:

Must remembr that.. that info could come in useful in bubble-lifts
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#5  Re: Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 21:08
I'm going to get some of those padded shorts, I intend to learn to rule the rails this season. Mind you I'll probably wait till I get to resort.
         Jump to Top
moj
#6  Re: Re: Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 21:43

Originally posted by BIGdave

So whats on your shopping list before the start of a new ski season?

mmmmmm more stuff to carry

mmmmmm excess baggage fees

mmmmmmm not as much choice as in resort

so many advantages!

Originally posted by toiletduck

Alright, I'd like to say that all eople with 3 letter forum names beginning with M, who've been heli skiing in NZ are twats with the social skills of a dead horse and should probably be banned from the internet in general, as well as sharp objects.
         Jump to Top
Robinq
Verbier
#7  Re: Re: Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 21:50
[quote="moj"]

Originally posted by BIGdave

mmmmmm excess baggage fees

mmmmmmm not as much choice as in resort

must admit i had decided to wait till i get to resort to avoid such problems on the way out, (will probably get a lift home) but thought i would share my planned purchases with the masses
         Jump to Top
Tucker
The Shepherds bush
#8  Re: Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 22:14
mista, Robing - im looking to try and seriously improve my rail and pipe skills in the park this year, is it def worth going for some protective gear, which would you recommend?? spine, padded shorts?
Ever notice that people never say "It's only a game" when they're winning?
         Jump to Top
Super G
Cumbria
#9  Re: Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 22:51
New Skis- ordered them ages ago should have been here in august but still not arrived, need them in 6 weeks, getting worried now!!

New trousers- all old ones past their best

Bag with wheels- due nearly breaking my back last season trying to carry it, as being typical girl pack far too much!! ops:

New Batteries (for my transciever........what were you thinking??)

I could add so much more to this list but I'm skint and can't afford everything I want!!
         Jump to Top
Robinq
Verbier
#10  Re: Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 22:57

Originally posted by Tucker

mista, Robing - im looking to try and seriously improve my rail and pipe skills in the park this year, is it def worth going for some protective gear, which would you recommend?? spine, padded shorts?

from what i've been advised, a spine guard and some padded shorts are sufficient, not sure its really worth getting elbow pads or any of that sh1t. I think it goes without saying that you need a helmet.

while on this subject - what do people think of getting hold of some knee pads for when your in the powder - have heard a few horror stories about people banging knees on rocks - sounds bloody painful
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#11  Re: Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 23:03
I am minimalist on the safety gear but do have a spine one and want to get the shorts. I dont really have much brains to damage, butI would recommend a helmet for other people. I might buy one at some point.

Off piste I have heard nasty stories and i have hit a rock with a knee before and it was very sore. Maybe I'd get kneepads and stuff if I start to jump cliffs and the likes.
         Jump to Top
the_chocoholic
La Clusaz
#12  Re: Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 23:27
I think I will be buying someone who can pack for me. Today, no packing was done. I leave Saturday morning.

But I did organise European breakdown cover for my car and got my bag for my geetar sorted. Oh, and shiny new speakers into my car, so that's all a good start, right...?
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#13  Re: Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 23:30
Music in the car is very important. I plan to record loads of mp3 files onto cd for my journey.

I'll doubtless be posting about this in the advert for anyone that wants a lift to bump it back up to the top again at some point in the future.
         Jump to Top
the_chocoholic
La Clusaz
#14  Re: Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 23:44
Oh, car music = very important! I have an MP3 player in there, so I've cut myself some tasty collections which I'm looking forward to listening to.
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#15  Re: Shopping list  29 Sep '05 at 23:46
I've been meaning to ask you about gmail... yuou mentioned it the other day and i've never used it.

Basically, what is it?
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview