September Season Destination Unknown Advise Please //

Author
  Topic Started By:  mattyjsnowboard    On:  Thu 22nd May, 2014 at 15:20
mattyjsnowboard
Leicester
#1  September Season Destination Unknown Advise Please  22 May '14 at 15:20
I want to...HAVE to do a season this 2014-2015!!
in france or wherever really!!
i know a few resorts like Tignes, Val d'Isere, La Rosiere, Les Arcs, La Plagne and morzine!?
I'm pretty open to ideas not fussed on the work from lifts, maintenance, driving, bar work, rep, chef (I'm a chef in the uk) (but wanna board)
will be my first season going on my own (male, 26)
...Im going the fair in june to see if i can get some info and start applying or asking around..push comes to shove ill just fly out find the cheapest room ride until i find a job or run out of money

any help pointers website or job offers welcome
Life is a mountain......but powder is the dream
         Jump to Top
ArcticFox
Scotland
#2  Re: September Season Destination Unknown Advise Please  22 May '14 at 21:08
In reply to mattyjsnowboard (Post #1)
So... was there a question in there somewhere?

Seriously though, have a little look around the forum, I think most of what you are trying to ask here is answered repeatedly - if you still have questions after a little look, let us know what those questions are
Blog: Aprons & Apres
Updated 12/11. Latest post: Complete ski season packing list
         Jump to Top
mattyjsnowboard
Leicester
#3  Re: September Season Destination Unknown Advise Please  22 May '14 at 22:55
thanks for the reply.....i guess i don't have a specific question
i was hoping someone would say 2-3 resorts are good for work and easy to work at and maybe pass on some websites or comapanys one

basicly seeking the information nectar and being a lazy male at the same time
         Jump to Top
Hollzz
#4  Re: September Season Destination Unknown Advise Please  2 Jun '14 at 12:08
Chef work is probably the best deal hours-wise and you get to board on transfer day while everyone else works their ass off for 20 hours straight. You're under pressure for getting the food right but if you're good you'll learn to prep strategically and so make the most of the mountain time. Plus you can turn up looking as rough as you like because you're not customer facing. And the pay is better than most other roles. All generally speaking of course. Changes depending on company.

As for resort, it depends on your personality and interests. Big or small ski area? Off piste or park? Or is it about the party? Or the snowfall? Or other activities? Seasonnaire-y or traditional? Small or large resort? etc

I'd suggest doing research. There's SO much online about season work, but quite frankly if you can't even be bothered looking around and reading into stuff yourself instead of asking everyone else to do your legwork, you're not going to survive the intense season lifestyle. No job is easy, you can't be lazy, and your work mates will get pretty p***** off with you before long if they have to do your work for you. The hours are long no matter the job and you have to put in effort because your company won't hesitate to get rid if you're not pulling your weight...after all, there are hundreds that would jump in your grave ;)
Alpe D'Huez 12/13 St Anton, Lech & Zurs 13/14
TUI/CrystalSki - www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk
         Jump to Top
mattyjsnowboard
Leicester
#5  Re: September Season Destination Unknown Advise Please  4 Jun '14 at 14:55
I'm joking of course I'm looking and applying!! i know nothing is handed to you for free in life!!

I've looked into everything! i decided i want to goto val d'isere.....im thinking being a chef is maybe my best choice and while I'm out there i can always look at changing if need be

theres so many places...feel like Im emailing the world
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort