Season in Morzine //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  natrider    On:  Wed 21st September, 2005 at 20:24
natrider
Member Since: 2005
Posts: 4
Bournemouth
#1  Season in Morzine  21 Sep '05 at 20:24
Is anyone working the season in Morzine this coming season. Got the job sorted WOOHOOO and just waiting for that great time to begin. This will be my first season working, iv'e been to Morzine a few times before and love the place. Has anyone got any great tips for the first time seasonaire. Would also be cool if i could meet Morzine seasonaires on the forum before i get out there. cheers.
         Jump to Top
rodent
Member Since: 2004
Posts: 3,806
From Vail back to London
#2  Re: Season in Morzine  21 Sep '05 at 23:43
paddy morris and helsbels are morzine bound - they are around every now and again!!! there's a first time seasonnaire thread on the q and a - check it out!!!!
         Jump to Top
DP
Member Since: 2005
Posts: 67
#3  Re: Season in Morzine  22 Sep '05 at 01:34
I'll be in Morzine again this winter, whereabouts are you working?
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
Member Since: 2004
Posts: 3,051
God's own county/Tignes/South America/North America/Australasia/Asia/Africa
#4  Re: Season in Morzine  22 Sep '05 at 07:40
http://www.natives.co.uk/club/index.htm

Search the CdS with Morzine in Winter 2005/06.
And don't forget to register yourself (others look on there too!)
         Jump to Top
Sammyq22
Member Since: 2005
Posts: 2,505
Je deteste Surrey
#5  Re: Season in Morzine  22 Sep '05 at 11:24
I will also be in Morzine this winter.
         Jump to Top
DanCake
Member Since: 2005
Posts: 146
Surrey\Morzine
#6  Re: Season in Morzine  23 Sep '05 at 09:52
I'm out there too. Also my first season. It's gonna be f%$king awesome seeing as I have been in full time work over here for the last 12 years.
Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.

Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)
         Jump to Top
fat-russ
Member Since: 2004
Posts: 547
Auchtermuchty, Fife
#7  Re: Season in Morzine  23 Sep '05 at 12:42
I'll be glad when you all get out here, Morzine / Les Gets are like a morg at the mo.

Bar Robo only open at the weekend, Dixie bar open at night.

Two bars in Les Gets 3 days a week and the PMU every night. At least there is free pole dancing night in the PMU bar tonight YEEHAYYYYYYYY!!!!
         Jump to Top
DanCake
Member Since: 2005
Posts: 146
Surrey\Morzine
#8  Re: Season in Morzine  23 Sep '05 at 13:48

Originally posted by Fat-Russ

I'll be glad when you all get out here, Morzine / Les Gets are like a morg at the mo.

Bar Robo only open at the weekend, Dixie bar open at night.

Two bars in Les Gets 3 days a week and the PMU every night. At least there is free pole dancing night in the PMU bar tonight YEEHAYYYYYYYY!!!!

I'm actually working in Ardent just outside Morzine. Do you know what the transport is like between Morzine and the villages? I know there is a free bus service during the day but are there any cabs for late night (drunken)returns to chalets?
Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.

Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)
         Jump to Top
fat-russ
Member Since: 2004
Posts: 547
Auchtermuchty, Fife
#9  Re: Season in Morzine  23 Sep '05 at 13:58
Dan you are in the wilderness out there.

a cab will cost you a mint, but the cab company is mountain cabs.
Best if you have a duty driver.

Originally posted by

I'm actually working in Ardent just outside Morzine.

Who conned you with that it's a long way out of Morzine.
On the plus side you are next to the telecabin that takes you up to linderet and acess to all the lifts I guess you will be drinking up near ardent or by the lake.

Oh try the ice diving on your day off.
         Jump to Top
rodent
Member Since: 2004
Posts: 3,806
From Vail back to London
#10  Re: Season in Morzine  23 Sep '05 at 14:02
Family Ski Company???
         Jump to Top
fat-russ
Member Since: 2004
Posts: 547
Auchtermuchty, Fife
#11  Re: Season in Morzine  23 Sep '05 at 14:08
http://www.mountaincabsmorzine.com/
         Jump to Top
fat-russ
Member Since: 2004
Posts: 547
Auchtermuchty, Fife
#12  Re: Season in Morzine  23 Sep '05 at 14:09
http://www.mountaincabsmorzine.com/
         Jump to Top
DanCake
Member Since: 2005
Posts: 146
Surrey\Morzine
#13  Re: Season in Morzine  23 Sep '05 at 15:06

Originally posted by Fat-Russ

Dan you are in the wilderness out there.

a cab will cost you a mint, but the cab company is mountain cabs.
Best if you have a duty driver.

Quote:
I'm actually working in Ardent just outside Morzine.


Who conned you with that it's a long way out of Morzine.
On the plus side you are next to the telecabin that takes you up to linderet and acess to all the lifts I guess you will be drinking up near ardent or by the lake.

Oh try the ice diving on your day off.[/quote:24a4bc6f9e]

Cheers for the info. It wasn't a con, we knew where we were going to be staying. Not too worried about paying for cabs (big fat redundancy coming my way next week).

[quote:24a4bc6f9e="rodent"]Family Ski Company???

Spot on. Not a bad thing I hope?
Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.

Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)
         Jump to Top
rodent
Member Since: 2004
Posts: 3,806
From Vail back to London
#14  Re: Season in Morzine  23 Sep '05 at 15:08
not really - as long as you like / can tolerate children!!

I used to work for esprit and the sure fire way to happy and tipping parents is charming the children and keeping them happy!!!!
         Jump to Top
DanCake
Member Since: 2005
Posts: 146
Surrey\Morzine
#15  Re: Season in Morzine  23 Sep '05 at 15:12

Originally posted by rodent

not really - as long as you like / can tolerate children!!

I used to work for esprit and the sure fire way to happy and tipping parents is charming the children and keeping them happy!!!!

I like kids so no probs there. Just have to figure out how to stop my mate poisoning us everyday with his cooking!
Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.

Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet
- Skishop job in Val Thorens