Scott Dunn //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  jonzpellz    On:  Tue 31st July, 2012 at 12:53
jonzpellz
London
#1  Scott Dunn  31 Jul '12 at 12:53
I got the job working for Scott Dunn in Val D'isere! Does anyone have any information on what they are like to work for and is anyone else working for them this year?
         Jump to Top
Neopolitan6_5@hotmail.com
#2  Re: Scott Dunn  30 Oct '12 at 07:09
In reply to jonzpellz (Post #1)
Hey Jonz! I am also working in val d'isere this winter for Scott Dunn as maintenance and driver, I have never worked for them before but have heard good things about them. Which position did you get?
         Jump to Top
clarky999
Innsbruck
#3  Re: Scott Dunn  30 Oct '12 at 12:18
In reply to jonzpellz (Post #1)
From friends who've worked for them: "hard(er) work, big(ger) tips, easy access to large quantities of expensive alcohol ('the guests drank it')."
Matt Clark

A Brit Abroad

Jump to Top
darkaps
newcastle
#5  Re: Scott Dunn  3 Nov '13 at 15:20
hay all,
back after a few years out, just had my interview Friday with scott dunn as driver/maintenance. hear back tomorrow. so I may be joining you guys.
         Jump to Top
thx
Doncaster / Courchevel 1650
#6  Re: Scott Dunn  3 Nov '13 at 16:29
I heard "Scott Dunn No Funn", but hey who knows. Perhaps give us an update after a few weeks.
"The reality is, they're just ordinary blokes."
         Jump to Top
darkaps
newcastle
#7  Re: Scott Dunn  3 Nov '13 at 17:57
I've heard the same, but i'm not worried. although I've been live a relatively sane existence for the past 2 years, I still feel I have partied myself out in my past season's. as long as I can get laid once in a while and i get at least some snow time everyday I'll be happy.
if the hours are long I'll just build a kicker and play on a night time. I say this, I haven't even got my job offer yet lol
         Jump to Top
thx
#8  Re: Scott Dunn  3 Nov '13 at 18:17
In reply to darkaps (Post #7)
I haven't done a season yet, I'm insanely excited. Got an 'easy' job and I feel the same. It'll amazing just to ski for months on end.

Wish these forums would pick the f^%k up. It's 3rd of Nov! :S
         Jump to Top
darkaps
newcastle
#9  Re: Scott Dunn  3 Nov '13 at 19:15
who you working for? you'll love it I'm sure. forum used to be a lot busier. there's 3 or 4 big cheese's on here. dinosaur, tecnomonkey and a few more. correct grammar, bit of leg work before hand and aslong as you search for stuff before repeating questions people generally help. my grammar is terrible so I usually refrain from posting
         Jump to Top
ballen
reading
#10  Re: Scott Dunn  3 Nov '13 at 19:50
In reply to darkaps (Post #9)
Its a shame that on the internet grammar is the only measure of intelligence.
         Jump to Top
thx
#11  Re: Scott Dunn  3 Nov '13 at 19:54
In reply to darkaps (Post #9)
Ski Olympic. Yeah I can't wait. I've heard alot of stuff off blogs like Belle de Neige, but gonna be interesting how accurate everyone's accounts are.

I don't really have any more questions. Ok I have questions but they aren't the type to ask a forum haha!
         Jump to Top
darkaps
newcastle
#12  Re: Scott Dunn  3 Nov '13 at 20:22
In reply to thx (Post #11)
my intellect is the same online as it is in real life. only difference is I attempt to use real words online. but so very true. and I do like a well written blog/post. just not very good at it myself.
and thx. some questions on here are terrible im sure there used to be a survey on who got laid the most and women discussing keeping "them" under there armpit so they don't become ice pops. made me laugh that last one.
         Jump to Top
thx
#13  Re: Scott Dunn  3 Nov '13 at 20:28
In reply to darkaps (Post #12)
Haha, jesus christ. Quote:

"Think about it. You’ve got a village’s worth of randy teenagers suddenly set free from the parental nest, banjaxed to the eyeballs every night on toffee vodka, snogging and shagging their way through the equivalent of six months of fresher’s weeks."

PM me what "them" are, lol.
         Jump to Top
SnowboardNut
Bristol / Meribel
#14  Re: Scott Dunn  5 Nov '13 at 21:31
Hi folks,

I've never worked for Scott Dunn, but I can guarantee they're good to work for. All the bad reviews I've seen on them, and other companies, have been made by idiots who are just there to get drunk and ski/snowboard.

If you treat them right, do what you're paid to do and work hard you'll have no troubles and you'll reap the rewards and the play time.

If you're a new seasonaire you're going to love it,

Check out snowboardnut.co.uk - a new seasonaire who's just started a ski season in the 3 vallees :-) it's all good. Work hard, play harder, don't take the p1ss and they'll look after you :-)
         Jump to Top
andyfield
#15  Re: Scott Dunn  5 Nov '13 at 22:50
gutted ive left it so late,would of luved to do my first season this year. Im ex british army so i m a hard worker,if anyoneknows of any jobs a point in the right direction would be brilliant.
         Jump to Top
ArcticFox
Scotland
#16  Re: Scott Dunn  8 Jan '14 at 16:34
Hi,
Just wondered if any of you who were heading out to work with Scott Dunn this winter could say anything about how you're finding it? I'd love to know what they're like to work for. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather.
Blog: Aprons & Apres
Updated 12/11. Latest post: Complete ski season packing list
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort