Reserve List? //

Author
  Topic Started By:  user48994    On:  Thu 9th October, 2014 at 11:14
user48994
#1  Reserve List?  9 Oct '14 at 11:14
Hi, I was just wandering if anyone is in the same position as me.

I had an interview to be a chalet host with Hotelplan (inghams, esprit and total) in September and they offered me the job as a chalet assistant but said because I interviewed late all of their jobs were taken so I've been put on the reserve list. They said to wait until spaces come up. Does anyone have a rough idea of when this would be from previous experience or if there's even any chance I'll be able to go out? Thanksss
         Jump to Top
ArcticFox
Scotland
#2  Re: Reserve List?  11 Oct '14 at 01:13
I think if you're on the list at this point, it is quite likely that you'll get a place at some point over the season. Any company loses staff over the season, sometimes even in training week, and often over the Christmas/New Year period.

I can't personally say how soon it might be that you'll hear, if it might be before the season starts or not, so hopefully someone else can chime in on that. In the meantime, have you tried the search function on the forum here? I think this question might have come up before at some point.
Blog: Aprons & Apres
Updated 12/11. Latest post: Complete ski season packing list
         Jump to Top
user48994
#3  Re: Reserve List?  12 Oct '14 at 15:45
In reply to ArcticFox (Post #2)
Thank you for replying. I really hope I can go out, even if it's not at the beginning of the season. I tried to look at other forums but the only ones I could find were for Mark Warner. Thank you though!
         Jump to Top
miketheskier
UK
#4  Re: Reserve List?  13 Oct '14 at 23:14
I'm in same boat as you, I wouldn't worry. Last season I went on a few people didn't make it past training, few more left first couple weeks and few more over Christmas/new year and February.
         Jump to Top
acurwen
#5  Re: Reserve List?  15 Oct '14 at 12:09
Im in the same postion as you, I am also on the reserve list for chalet assistant. Apparently there were 300 people on the reserve list last season and they all had jobs no later than january. Obviously its impossible to predict but that gives you an idea
         Jump to Top
tillerz92
#6  Re: Reserve List?  26 Oct '14 at 22:07
In reply to user48994 (Post #1)
If I was you I would just give them a call and ask.. They will appreciate your eagerness and it may even make them remember your more personally!
         Jump to Top
Janey701
#7  Re: Reserve List?  10 Nov '14 at 12:43
In reply to user48994 (Post #1)
Hi Bea, I have an interview coming up for the same position and wondered if you could offer any advice or tell me what I can expect? I imagine if I get it that I'll also be on the reserves list.
Hope you get out there soon!
         Jump to Top
user48994
#8  Re: Reserve List?  11 Nov '14 at 13:33
In reply to Janey701 (Post #7)
Hi Jane, the interview was really relaxed, there were only 3 of us and for the first 2 hours or so we just spoke about the company and a ski season in general. We had to say a little bit about why we wanted to do a ski season and what attracted us. Our task was the prepare canap├ęs before hand so we all tried them too. We were given a quiz on the company and there were some general questions to do with cooking. Then we were given 30 mins to prepare any food we wanted in their kitchens and the interviewer tried them and told us what he thought. I hope this helps, good luck!
         Jump to Top
Janey701
#9  Re: Reserve List?  14 Nov '14 at 19:12
In reply to user48994 (Post #8)
Thanks Bea this did really help! I did OK on the tests and the kitchen was closed so we didn't have any surprise cooking to do. I got a place too and I leave in two weeks - so soon! Hope you get your resort soon!
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere